Alexander trouble in paradise?

buckeyes05
Riding the Bench

Alexander trouble in paradise?

Post by buckeyes05 »

Social media post going around

Last night I sent the message below to the Spartan Endzone Facebook page. I know for a fact a lot of us parents are sitting back and not saying anything but feel the same way I do. So if you do please contact me or contact them and let them know your thoughts. Nothing will change if we don't come together to change it. Our children only have 4 years!
We can't allow this year to repeat itself.
"As I sit here and watch our boys play I can't help but feel nothing but sadness for them. We all thought this would be our season considering we only technically lost 1 senior. So the kids playing this season is the same kids from last season.
There has only been one variable change.
Coaching. I have never seen our kids start to hate football, morale is at an all time low, our kids do not respect the coaching they are receiving. If we had true leadership they would realize that this is their fault. YOU are responsible for morale, positioning, plays, and building our players etc. But not one of you takes any fault. Just blame our kids. As an employer, I know when my team isn't successful it is because of me and changes I need to make. I hope the coaches start to realize they are the problem. I hope the school reevaluates who is leading our children. It is disappointing and some should be absolutely ashamed"

OldskoolWarrior
Riding the Bench

Re: Alexander trouble in paradise?

Post by OldskoolWarrior »

Warren people would say,” hold my drink and watch this”. Same issues in Barlow.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Alexander has never been a quality football maybe once upon a time long long ago but they're been at around .500 or worse for a long time now. Looks like to me there's enough blame to go around from coaches to players, you don't go and get shutout in 4 of your 8 games this year and think that's all coaching. 2 wins coming against winless teams, good luck but it's going to take a heck of a coach to come in and turn that into a viable program.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Always the coaches fault. Never the players or parents

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

I watch Alex in a scrimmage this year. They were playing "two handed touch." I would hate to see the two teams they beat.

luvtlm
Riding the Bench

Post by luvtlm »

I've seen Alexander for several years. There is not an over abundance of studs being poorly coached. I personally can't imagine an open Alex job getting much interest or quality applicants. Possibly the parents should let the kids do hard things, make sure they are in the weight room year around and stop making excuses for lack of athleticism and effort. Coaching can't over come poor DNA.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Alexander averages 3ish wins a seaon since 2000 and that’s with 3 playoff appearances

They are bad at football and it isn’t all coching. Mommy and danny need to relax and push there kids to be better kids in life, becuz it isn’t gonna happen on the gridiron t

Play60Football
Riding the Bench

Post by Play60Football »

buckeyes05 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:55 pm Social media post going around

Last night I sent the message below to the Spartan Endzone Facebook page. I know for a fact a lot of us parents are sitting back and not saying anything but feel the same way I do. So if you do please contact me or contact them and let them know your thoughts. Nothing will change if we don't come together to change it. Our children only have 4 years!
We can't allow this year to repeat itself.
"As I sit here and watch our boys play I can't help but feel nothing but sadness for them. We all thought this would be our season considering we only technically lost 1 senior. So the kids playing this season is the same kids from last season.
There has only been one variable change.
Coaching. I have never seen our kids start to hate football, morale is at an all time low, our kids do not respect the coaching they are receiving. If we had true leadership they would realize that this is their fault. YOU are responsible for morale, positioning, plays, and building our players etc. But not one of you takes any fault. Just blame our kids. As an employer, I know when my team isn't successful it is because of me and changes I need to make. I hope the coaches start to realize they are the problem. I hope the school reevaluates who is leading our children. It is disappointing and some should be absolutely ashamed"
Similar situation with schools around here. If you're near 20 years of below average football, and 6-7 coaches it's maybe time to look at a few different things. School culture, Administrative support, community support...... or flat out your kids aren't very good at football! Mom and Dad may believe 5'6" 320 lb Johnny would be at OSU if he just had the right coach, or if 5'8"150 lb Billy who can't throw 25 yds was in the right system he'd be leading Texas Tech Air Raid offense need to take a look at your kid and maybe realize they suck at football..... nothing wrong with that. Are they good kids who work hard and respect themselves and the others around them.... Sweet!

Arnie
Waterboy

Post by Arnie »

It was proven when we were there that success can be had at Alexander. But we didn’t accept anything less. Keep mommy and daddy out of it and find a quality coach and you’ll get there again eventually.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Its going to be really hard for Alexander to have a good soccer and football team. They just don't have the athletes in the school to be good at both

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

Sooooooo........get rid of kickball. It isnt relevant in SEO anyway.

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

I heard a coach say one time, we were 1-9 last year. Good News is we only graduated 2 seniors, bad news is we have 9 kids returning. :D

Coaches and Teams win with players! PERIOD

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Was Alexander ever football paradise?

Return to “Football”