September 22, 2023 Fairland 40 - 35 Gallia Academy

CrackBack46
Freshman Team

Re: Gallia academy v/s Fairland

Post by CrackBack46 »

Good post! Thanks for the insight!
Jason Vorhees wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:52 am GA is 6-2 all time vs Fairland. Average margin of victory series? Less than 9 points. These teams on the gridiron bring out the best in each other offensively.

GA is 5-0 and their opponents are currently 8-15. They’re averaging 39.8 points per game and giving up an average of 10.2 points per game.

Fairland is 4-1 and their opponents are currently 14-10. Fairland is averaging 40.6 points per game while giving up an average of 29.2 points per game.

84Dragon
JV Team

Post by 84Dragon »

GA should probably win this game but what the heck , Ill go with the Dragons in a close one .

Jonjon
Freshman Team

Post by Jonjon »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:41 am
riverRat52 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:23 am
Barney wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:40 pm
And if you are sayn Fairland is all that because they beat Wellston, Trimble and Rock Hill when they should've beat them...easy to have a good game and look like all americans!! But when it came to real competition with Ironton they played scared!! Couldn't stop them at all!! Only way they scored was off a turnover... I'm not sayn Fairland is bad but they aren't as good as everyone is sayn when they play good teams...had to beat west on a last second play...I think this game will be a good game.
Idk who will win this game, but gallia has beaten absolutely no one. To knock fairlands competition, which has been better than gallias, is laughable
Point Pleasant would wax Fairland most years. Idk about this year though. The only team Fairland has played so far that's better than GA's competition is Ironton and they got embarrassed in that game. If the folks in Fairyland want to hang their hats on beating a Wellston team that would jump for joy over a 4 win season, by all means. Their best case scenario in league is second place at this point. Gallia has a legitimate shot to win the league and earn a top 2 or 3 seed in D4 R15. I'm not saying they're favored or that they should be, but this year's GA team may be athletic enough to go 10-0
I’ve never saw one person state Wellston was a good win lol. Portsmouth West was a good win. Trimble is the only team to beat Nelsonville so far and they waxed them. Chesapeake... CHESAPEAKE gave Gallia all they wanted. That’s as bad as Wellston. This will be a good game between two evenly matched teams just like last years game. As I said in an earlier post fairland had a terrible game against Ironton. Ironton is the better team and no doubt about it, but Fairland played bad too. Friday night should be fun to watch!

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Jonjon wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:39 pm

Idk who will win this game, but gallia has beaten absolutely no one. To knock fairlands competition, which has been better than gallias, is laughable
Point Pleasant would wax Fairland most years. Idk about this year though. The only team Fairland has played so far that's better than GA's competition is Ironton and they got embarrassed in that game. If the folks in Fairyland want to hang their hats on beating a Wellston team that would jump for joy over a 4 win season, by all means. Their best case scenario in league is second place at this point. Gallia has a legitimate shot to win the league and earn a top 2 or 3 seed in D4 R15. I'm not saying they're favored or that they should be, but this year's GA team may be athletic enough to go 10-0
I’ve never saw one person state Wellston was a good win lol. Portsmouth West was a good win. Trimble is the only team to beat Nelsonville so far and they waxed them. Chesapeake... CHESAPEAKE gave Gallia all they wanted. That’s as bad as Wellston. This will be a good game between two evenly matched teams just like last years game. As I said in an earlier post fairland had a terrible game against Ironton. Ironton is the better team and no doubt about it, but Fairland played bad too. Friday night should be fun to watch!
Trimble is 2-2 right now and they barely squeaked by NY, then got smacked around by Fairland and Vinton County. The OVC is a better conference than the TVC-Ohio and it isn't close btw. Fairland is probably the third best in the OVC, pretty close behind GA, who's very likely significantly behind Ironton (although I think they'll match up better than most expect, because of how GA can stretch the field) and the Dragons would steamroll the TVC.

Also very likely that NY is down this year as they've beaten no one with a record of .500 or better. Trimble is 2-2 and the remainder of their opponents are 1-4, 0-5, 0-5, 2-3.

Jonjon
Freshman Team

Post by Jonjon »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:18 pm

Trimble is 2-2 right now and they barely squeaked by NY, then got smacked around by Fairland and Vinton County. The OVC is a better conference than the TVC-Ohio and it isn't close btw. Fairland is probably the third best in the OVC, pretty close behind GA, who's very likely significantly behind Ironton (although I think they'll match up better than most expect, because of how GA can stretch the field) and the Dragons would steamroll the TVC.

Also very likely that NY is down this year as they've beaten no one with a record of .500 or better. Trimble is 2-2 and the remainder of their opponents are 1-4, 0-5, 0-5, 2-3.
Point Pleasant, who you claim would smack fairland, is 1-2 and just got beat 68-20 by Scott, WV the week after Gallia beat them 42-12. Nelsonville will likely finish 9-1 or 8-2 at the worst and Trimble will finish 8-2.. This looks to be a great game Friday. Fairland has the same athletes as Gallia. It will probably come down to the trenches.

*D1*
Freshman Team

Post by *D1* »

Gallia isn’t really too good. They were lucky again Meigs that the Meigs players hadn’t started to listen to the coaches yet. I look for Fairland to house them this week. Unless it’s at Gallia of course. If it’s there they’ll get homered.

I know, I was D1 fellas
GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

*D1* wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:45 pm Gallia isn’t really too good. They were lucky again Meigs that the Meigs players hadn’t started to listen to the coaches yet. I look for Fairland to house them this week. Unless it’s at Gallia of course. If it’s there they’ll get homered.
Being such a hater is not very sensible, little brother. :lol: :lol:

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Jonjon wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:09 pm
MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:18 pm

Point Pleasant, who you claim would smack fairland, is 1-2 and just got beat 68-20 by Scott, WV the week after Gallia beat them 42-12. Nelsonville will likely finish 9-1 or 8-2 at the worst and Trimble will finish 8-2.. This looks to be a great game Friday. Fairland has the same athletes as Gallia. It will probably come down to the trenches.
Scott HS is 4-0 and a top 15 program in WV, per MaxPreps, #2 in Class AA, #8 in the "Charleston-Huntington area". Gallia is 5-0, #11 in that same "area"

Point has played two VERY good teams and one bad team.

I also said *most* years, while adding that I didn't know about this one, especially with Point's QB done for the season with injury. Over most of the last 20 years, Point would've absolutely ran through the Dragons, along with all but the very best programs in the area like Midland, Burg, Jackson, and in very recent years, Ironton. And yes, that includes GA. We're not far removed from Point almost dropping 80 on us. That would've been my senior year of HS.

All that said, it should be a fun one. I think the Devils pull away late and win by 21.

CrackBack46
Freshman Team

Post by CrackBack46 »

Good teams make ok teams look bad….

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

riverRat52 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:23 am Idk who will win this game, but gallia has beaten absolutely no one. To knock fairlands competition, which has been better than gallias, is laughable
Chesapeake didn't give Gallia all they wanted.

RJShifko
Riding the Bench

Post by RJShifko »

Athletically I think these two teams match up very similarly. The difference in this game I think comes down to who can establish their dominance at the LOS.
Gallia likes to run the ball and use their speed kids in space will Fairland be able to slow them down? For Fairland to win their front 7 has to have a strong night and play good football in space.
Fairland likes to play fast they love to throw the quick screens and get the ball to their players on the edge. For Gallia they have to slow down the Fairland passing game they have to be able to create pressure and eliminate Fairland ability to run after the catch.
That’s the two things I will be watching for in this game. It should be a big game on paper I think this is the best game in the area Friday night

PointerHornet89
Waterboy

Post by PointerHornet89 »

Going with Gallia Academy in this one, but wouldn’t be shocked if Fairland pulls it out either

Mommasaid
Waterboy

Post by Mommasaid »

Barney wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:40 pm Nice try MisterGalliaGuy2016…. Fairland beat Portsmouth West in week one…. West is winning their Conference lol
And if you are sayn Fairland is all that because they beat Wellston, Trimble and Rock Hill when they should've beat them...easy to have a good game and look like all americans!! But when it came to real competition with Ironton they played scared!! Couldn't stop them at all!! Only way they scored was off a turnover... I'm not sayn Fairland is bad but they aren't as good as everyone is sayn when they play good teams...had to beat west on a last second play...I think this game will be a good game.

Jonjon
Freshman Team

Post by Jonjon »

Should be a great game. I hear Faitlands big boy isn’t playing which will hurt a lot at the line. Big and talented kid. Like RHJshifko said, the LOS is the factor more than likely in this game.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Could very well be a very good game between two of the better teams in the OVC. Hope for an injury free game for both teams.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Gallia

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I think it is obvious how many posters here. Post on reputation compared to on the field. To call Gallia the last few weeks as a running team is almost funny

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Jmo if there QB is a Senior, where has he been ❓🤔 A good passing team opens the running game ups 🏈🤔

RJShifko
Riding the Bench

Post by RJShifko »

Gallia can definitely throw the football. They throw the football well and the ability of 1 to throw the deep ball makes them tough to stop. I think coach Carter runs a great offense and the amount of weapons they have that can make big plays with the ball 0 is a flat out play maker for Gallia I would love to know what his yards per touch number is. 5-7 and 12 all make plays. Anyone that thinks Gallia doesn’t have playmakers isn’t paying attention.

For Fairland have to think Hunt sees a lot of targets. Jackson has been throwing the ball well the last couple of weeks and Smith, Hayden and Kitts have all had big yards after the catch.

This game could turn into an absolute track meet and will come down to who controls the LOS and who doesn’t turn over the football. I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see over 80 points combined scored in this game with a 50-44 kind of final

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Fair-06/00 Gallia

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

Return to “Football”