September 1, 2023 Trimble 6 - 20 Vinton County

Dundas
SEOPS

September 1, 2023 Trimble 6 - 20 Vinton County

Post by Dundas »

Vikings and Tomcats have renewed their old TVC rivalry. Last year the Vikings came out on top after a slow start to win 34-6. This will be the first time VC has traveled to Glouster since 1994. Trimble leads the all time series 13-12. Will the extra week off help the Tomcats in this matchup? Ohio vs Hocking bragging rights on the line Friday night.

Justy
Riding the Bench

Re: Week 3: Vinton County @ Trimble

Post by Justy »

Dundas wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:56 pm Vikings and Tomcats have renewed their old TVC rivalry. Last year the Vikings came out on top after a slow start to win 34-6. This will be the first time VC has traveled to Glouster since 1994. Trimble leads the all time series 13-12. Will the extra week off help the Tomcats in this matchup? Ohio vs Hocking bragging rights on the line Friday night.
Last year Trimble was down so they came down and took their beating. But two years ago they thought they could be good but didn’t know if they could beat VC so they used the covid rule to duck us. They could have played River on Saturday night but they ducked them. Will they find a way to duck us this time too? Or will they nut up and play us? I hope they play us so we can send a message to Phil’s former top assistant whose ass he handed to from Nelsonville two weeks ago.

The County Resident
Riding the Bench

Post by The County Resident »

Going to be a slug fest.

VC has the talent to win, but they’d rather play themselves than the other team. Week one against Unioto, it was the turnovers. Week two against a bad circleville team, it was the penalties. They had over 145+ yards in penalties against Circleville. Can’t do any of that this week.

Looking forward to a great game and great atmosphere!
Last edited by The County Resident on Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brownies1
Freshman Team

Post by Brownies1 »

This one might be who can control the field position. Both teams will want to establish the line of scrimmage all game. Should be a good one.

Glousterite
Freshman Team

Post by Glousterite »

Justy wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:29 pm
Dundas wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:56 pm Vikings and Tomcats have renewed their old TVC rivalry. Last year the Vikings came out on top after a slow start to win 34-6. This will be the first time VC has traveled to Glouster since 1994. Trimble leads the all time series 13-12. Will the extra week off help the Tomcats in this matchup? Ohio vs Hocking bragging rights on the line Friday night.
Last year Trimble was down so they came down and took their beating. But two years ago they thought they could be good but didn’t know if they could beat VC so they used the covid rule to duck us. They could have played River on Saturday night but they ducked them. Will they find a way to duck us this time too? Or will they nut up and play us? I hope they play us so we can send a message to Phil’s former top assistant whose ass he handed to from Nelsonville two weeks ago.
You’re almost as delusional as that Eastern guy that posts nothing backed by facts. Seems like you just enjoy getting on here to run your suck.

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
Billy T Kid
Riding the Bench

Post by Billy T Kid »

I would just like to see you make a reasonable post, you haven’t done that since you started posting on here. All you ever talk about is Trimble ducking someone. Ignorance!

Bagger Vance
Riding the Bench

Post by Bagger Vance »

Nobody ducked anyone last week. River shut their program down for a few days due to illness

Justy
Riding the Bench

Post by Justy »

Bagger Vance wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:14 pm
Nobody ducked anyone last week. River shut their program down for a few days due to illness
Was told that River offered to play on Saturday night but Trimble said no. The positive is there are several of you Trimble posters back on here. We missed you since you haven’t been on here after you started losing last year. Glad you’re back. It’s just not the same without you guys. As for the game, in all seriousness it should be a good one. VC can win if they can stay out of their own way.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Trimble has too much defense

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Albundy33
Freshman Team

Post by Albundy33 »

I have watched the 1st two vc games
*a lot of mistakes against the u
*a lot of penalties against circleville
I feel that if Trimble is quick upfront on defense vc will struggle.
Which vc team shows up the one who drives the field then gives up inside the 10 ?
I figure Carper and staff will coach the boys up and have them ready. However you’re going into a dog fight are we dogs or just a pup? Guess we will find out if this team has what it takes Friday. Which one shows up doctor Jekyll or mr hyde ?

Justy
Riding the Bench

Post by Justy »

Albundy33 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:15 pm I have watched the 1st two vc games
*a lot of mistakes against the u
*a lot of penalties against circleville
I feel that if Trimble is quick upfront on defense vc will struggle.
Which vc team shows up the one who drives the field then gives up inside the 10 ?
I figure Carper and staff will coach the boys up and have them ready. However you’re going into a dog fight are we dogs or just a pup? Guess we will find out if this team has what it takes Friday. Which one shows up doctor Jekyll or mr hyde ?
Those preseason marathons referred to as practices took a toll on us in the first two games. Our boys were worn out. And historically we have made unexplainable boneheaded calls in crucial situations in some of our games. Hopefully we’ve recovered physically and can be better mentally. If so we should win this game.

Older bird
Freshman Team

Post by Older bird »

After seeing how NY wore NC down Friday. This should tell the tail of who wins the Ohio. And just fyi. I’m not from Trimble and all this ducking talk is just trolling. And quite frankly getting old. I really don’t know who wins but I’ll b there hoping for a good game. Those boys from VC haven’t been in a place like the new sty. It’s an intimidating place to play if Trimble gets a serious crowd out. U feel trapped in on those visitors sidelines. I guess we see what happens Friday

Buck Nut
Freshman Team

Post by Buck Nut »

Go cats from over the hill!

Go Bucks!!
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Buck Nut wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:32 pm Go cats from over the hill!
NY would be better off with a VC win I would think. They still have a chance at playoff points from the Vikings.

Buck Nut
Freshman Team

Post by Buck Nut »

Dundas wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:47 pm
NY would be better off with a VC win I would think. They still have a chance at playoff points from the Vikings.
I understand. Just always root for Trimble after week 1.

Go Bucks!!
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Buck Nut wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:24 pm
Understandable. I’m hoping for a 7-1 Vs 7-1 week 9 matchup!

This will be a battle Friday night. Looking forward to seeing the new and improved Sty.

Buck Nut
Freshman Team

Post by Buck Nut »

Dundas wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:33 pm
Buck Nut wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:24 pm

Understandable. I’m hoping for a 7-1 Vs 7-1 week 9 matchup!

This will be a battle Friday night. Looking forward to seeing the new and improved Sty.
Series has been very competitive lately, should be again this year. The sty is much better now that the visitor side has bleachers.

Go Bucks!!
Lebron236
Waterboy

Post by Lebron236 »

Cats are hungry, see this being a competitive game but it’s in Glouster and Trimble is used to close games, go cats

Union Local Kid
Riding the Bench

Post by Union Local Kid »

This is one of the better matchups in the area. Vikings will have to clean up their game and limit the mental mistakes if they want to walk out with a win. This isn't the best Trimble team of our time, but they sure have been one of the best improved teams from year to year! This will be a great game!

Justy
Riding the Bench

Post by Justy »

I have a good suspicion that VC will be ready for this one. Some changes are being made and I think for the better. I guess we’ll see Friday night. It’s good that they have seating on the visitors side if that’s true. I would hate for both teams fans to have to sit together. That’s never a good thing. A bunch of potential playoff points to be had for the winner as I expect both teams will win a lot of games. Let’s just hope that this game doesn’t mysteriously get cancelled.

Return to “Football”