August 18, 2023 Portsmouth West 29 - 32 Fairland

SiderBlood
All Conference

August 18, 2023 Portsmouth West 29 - 32 Fairland

Post by SiderBlood »

Fairland travels to The Rock to face the 2022 defending SOC Champions. The dragons gave West the only blemish,on an otherwise perfect regular season last year. The past 2 years West has came up one point short against Fairland. Both came off of late scores in the game to sub-par pass coverage.

I don’t know a lot about Fairland this year at all, so my predictions are not very factually based. I believe they have a new coach or so I have been told . Someone can check me on that. We graduated a lot. A 4 year QB , a running back and linebacker that is now playing at Marshall and several senior lineman. I expect to have some early season blunders with our new QB and line until we get a rhythm. Make no mistake, there are still athletes to make the plays. Tipton, Bishop, and Parker are all threats at any given time. The defense brings back a lot. I think we will be alright there, would just like to see the secondary tighten up.

Final prediction is going to be West with a win to start the season 20-12. Couple scores late to put away the game. Expect some hiccups but will come together

Excited for another football season.
All time history is in favor of the Siders.

24-9
.727 winning percentage
Average score West 25 - Fairland 12

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
522Pirate
Varsity

Re: Fairland @ Portsmouth West

Post by 522Pirate »

The Fairland vs Minford jamboree game is on youtube...Fairland looked pretty good but Minford was without Pica, so hard to tell how good Fairland really was.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

This should be a good game. Both teams lost some key pieces from last year, including linemen. But both also have some nice athletes returning. I think Fairland will have the better team even with a new coach, but wouldn’t be shocked if West pulled it out.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Had a chance to watch Fairland against Minford and Fairland is a good team. They ran the off tackle with a lot of success and have a few very nice receivers. Also go extremely fast. They are at the line ready to go when the ball is set with no time wasted. I was surprised how rough Minford looked.

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

SiderBlood wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:53 pm Had a chance to watch Fairland against Minford and Fairland is a good team. They ran the off tackle with a lot of success and have a few very nice receivers. Also go extremely fast. They are at the line ready to go when the ball is set with no time wasted. I was surprised how rough Minford looked.
I’m just not sold that West can match Physicality with the Dragons this year and I think the uptempo offense will give them fits. I will be pulling for the local team here, But will be a very tough opener.

WWE HALL OF FAME
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

I'll take the dragons

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Fair 23-20

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

MrPerfect wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:58 pm
SiderBlood wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:53 pm Had a chance to watch Fairland against Minford and Fairland is a good team. They ran the off tackle with a lot of success and have a few very nice receivers. Also go extremely fast. They are at the line ready to go when the ball is set with no time wasted. I was surprised how rough Minford looked.
I’m just not sold that West can match Physicality with the Dragons this year and I think the uptempo offense will give them fits. I will be pulling for the local team here, But will be a very tough opener.
Fairland might very well be the winner but it is very rare west will lose because of physicality. I don’t think that would be the case this year either. If we lose it will be the very fast paced offense and coverage issues but we will see.

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

SiderBlood wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:34 pm
MrPerfect wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:58 pm
Fairland might very well be the winner but it is very rare west will lose because of physicality. I don’t think that would be the case this year either. If we lose it will be the very fast paced offense and coverage issues but we will see.
I can definitely see the uptempo wearing down the Senators and if I’m not mistaken a good bit of the Defense plays both ways. They better be conditioned well.

WWE HALL OF FAME
Barney
Waterboy

Post by Barney »

Goes both ways, seen several of fairlands lineman wore out just after playn only 2 qtrs against Minford

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

If Portsmouth west can throw in this one they will win. If not, edge to fairland

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Good luck Dragons!!

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Game day is finally here. Good luck to the men of West Portsmouth, let’s bring home another golf ball. Wish for injury free seasons and commend the boys who still want to wear the helmet.

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

Live stream?

Post by WrestlingFootball »

Will be a long game if it close. Fairland by 20+

Jonjon
Freshman Team

Post by Jonjon »

It seemed Fairland got more tired by their own pace then West. West only got stronger as game wore on. Dragons need some more conditioning to run that pace. Huge win for Dragons though on the last play of the game.. at West! Wins AT west aren’t easy to come by. Big win for coach Jackson in his first official game:

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

This game is always competitive. It is as good as the Burg Ironton opener. Tough loss for the siders but they aren't going anywhere

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Fairland @ Portsmouth Westj

Post by mattash »

Wished this was always a Saturday game or something. Always a good one

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Attack
Freshman Team

Post by Attack »

Big win for Fairland.

Mc1196
Riding the Bench

Post by Mc1196 »

Jonjon wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 12:35 am It seemed Fairland got more tired by their own pace then West. West only got stronger as game wore on. Dragons need some more conditioning to run that pace. Huge win for Dragons though on the last play of the game.. at West! Wins AT west aren’t easy to come by. Big win for coach Jackson in his first official game:
I agree with you 100% Fairland players was wore slap out

Return to “Football”