WAVERLY TIGER FOOTBALL 2023

smurray
SEOPS HO

WAVERLY TIGER FOOTBALL 2023

Post by smurray »

The 2023 edition of the Waverly Tigers should be improved from 2022.
The Tiger offense will be lead by Junior signal caller Mason Kelly. With a year under his belt, bigger/stronger & experienced, Mason looks to have a big year with some receivers capable of making some big plays.
The Tigers return arguably the best back in the area with Jase Hurd, who also plays D-back.
I believe the Tigers return 3 starting offensive linemen which will be huge in protecting Kelly and opening room for Hurd.

The Tigers could be changing things up defensively as they will see a new DC, and I believe there have been a few additions to the coaching staff.

Tigers open up the season at home with Miami Trace before hitting the road for Zane Trace and Unioto.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WAVERLY TIGER FOOTBALL 2023

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I have reached out to two players from Waverly but have heard nothing back.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

smurray wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 4:51 pm The 2023 edition of the Waverly Tigers should be improved from 2022.
The Tiger offense will be lead by Junior signal caller Mason Kelly. With a year under his belt, bigger/stronger & experienced, Mason looks to have a big year with some receivers capable of making some big plays.
The Tigers return arguably the best back in the area with Jase Hurd, who also plays D-back.
I believe the Tigers return 3 starting offensive linemen which will be huge in protecting Kelly and opening room for Hurd.

The Tigers could be changing things up defensively as they will see a new DC, and I believe there have been a few additions to the coaching staff.

Tigers open up the season at home with Miami Trace before hitting the road for Zane Trace and Unioto.
Who was the previous DC? And are they looking internally, also I noticed week 10 at Mt Heathly that’s an interesting match up and considering the week it is

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:13 pm
smurray wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 4:51 pm The 2023 edition of the Waverly Tigers should be improved from 2022.

Who was the previous DC? And are they looking internally, also I noticed week 10 at Mt Heathly that’s an interesting match up and considering the week it is
Just a little bit of moving around internally on who's running what really, as Crabtree was running the defense. Correct on Mt. Healthy trying to find a week 10 opponent is tough and with a odd number in SOC2 play it's something each team will deal with, Mt. Healthy was open that week so we jumped on it.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Overall we should be improved with as much talent as we're returning as a lot of younger guys got a ton of playing time last year. Think there's a couple big questions that'll have to be figured out. While we return 3 starting OL we did have some guys rotate in but replacing Brock is some big shoes to fill. Also the losses of both DE's could be tough as we struggled against the run last year and hopefully we'll change up the defense enough to stop/slow down the run. Offensively we should be one of the most explosive teams in the area especially if we get things shored up with the remaining 2 starters on the OL.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:08 am Overall we should be improved with as much talent as we're returning as a lot of younger guys got a ton of playing time last year. Think there's a couple big questions that'll have to be figured out. While we return 3 starting OL we did have some guys rotate in but replacing Brock is some big shoes to fill. Also the losses of both DE's could be tough as we struggled against the run last year and hopefully we'll change up the defense enough to stop/slow down the run. Offensively we should be one of the most explosive teams in the area especially if we get things shored up with the remaining 2 starters on the OL.
Agree

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Summer basketball will be gearing down and football ramping up more. Any breaking news?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

smurray wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:00 pm Summer basketball will be gearing down and football ramping up more. Any breaking news?
Think the next coach used June up to it's fullest what'd they play 100 games or so. As far as breaking news for football, stay tuned.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

greygoose wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:24 pm
smurray wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:00 pm Summer basketball will be gearing down and football ramping up more. Any breaking news?
Think the next coach used June up to it's fullest what'd they play 100 games or so. As far as breaking news for football, stay tuned.
I don’t want to be the one to share the “breaking the news” - it will be interesting to see who does.

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Post by soggybottomtopper »

As rumblings can happen at this time of year, it is "rumored" that a WR prospect is trekking south from the Columbus area. Anyone got any official news or is it still just a "rumor"? If I have heard it, someone in the know has. People like to talk.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

soggybottomtopper wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:56 pm As rumblings can happen at this time of year, it is "rumored" that a WR prospect is trekking south from the Columbus area. Anyone got any official news or is it still just a "rumor"? If I have heard it, someone in the know has. People like to talk.
Rumors are like hotdogs on dime a dog night, everyone has one.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

soggybottomtopper wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:56 pm As rumblings can happen at this time of year, it is "rumored" that a WR prospect is trekking south from the Columbus area. Anyone got any official news or is it still just a "rumor"? If I have heard it, someone in the know has. People like to talk.
Sounds like if you've heard a rumor like this then you're in the know aren't you? I mean you gave specifics and then talk about a players position and where he's from but you're not in the know, that's funny.

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Post by soggybottomtopper »

Maybe I wasn't clear. It is "rumored'. I have heard this. No, I do not KNOW if this is happening. Hence, asking if anyone knows if this is happening? I guess not. But, as I said, people like to talk. Time will tell though

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

soggybottomtopper wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:01 am Maybe I wasn't clear. It is "rumored'. I have heard this. No, I do not KNOW if this is happening. Hence, asking if anyone knows if this is happening? I guess not. But, as I said, people like to talk. Time will tell though
I don't think this is a rumor, I believe Leeth is already back at Waverly which will be a very nice addition. Great hard-nosed kid who will fill a hole on the defense.

As for the "rumor", it is just that until he's enrolled. It wouldn't be fair to be throwing around names of kids that aren't enrolled yet.
Everybody have a safe & happy 4th and maybe we'll see some more fireworks after the Holiday.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I got to check out the Tigers for about an hour this morning, getting some good work in this week of camp.
Food trucks were rolling in and setting up as I left. Everybody was going to eat well today!!!

Getting really excited about the 2023 edition of the Waverly Tigers!!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

The Tigers completed a week of camp on Friday, and I believe have this coming week off.
Anybody with any insight on how the week went, what they'll be doing heading into 2 a days?

Tigernation2021
Varsity

They do have the week off but return on the 24th, still football camp though Monday thru Thursday and have our first and only 7-7 Friday against Jackson not sure of what teams will be attending. 2 a days doesn't start until the following week on the 31st, first week of 2 a days and then the Ironton scrimmage Saturday morning.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:28 am They do have the week off but return on the 24th, still football camp though Monday thru Thursday and have our first and only 7-7 Friday against Jackson not sure of what teams will be attending. 2 a days doesn't start until the following week on the 31st, first week of 2 a days and then the Ironton scrimmage Saturday morning.
Thanks for the schedule. I'll have to try to check some of it out the week of the 24th and def try to get there for the 7 on7.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly had a “visitor” working out with them last week at camp who officially became a Tiger today.
Welcome to Waverly Tre Johnson!!

https://twitter.com/trejohnson2026?s=21 ... okEcaqrxSg

HERO
Riding the Bench

Post by HERO »

How did he end up at Waverly?

Return to “Football”