Morgan joining the Twin State League? Other expansion?

Play60Football
Riding the Bench

Re: Morgan joining the Twin State League? Other expansion?

Post by Play60Football »

EasternDspy wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:54 pm
Dundas wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:30 pm
Play60Football wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:05 am Are we hearing any names? Morgan? Alexander (who joined for soccer i believe)? TVC Hocking division?
I believe Athens, Meigs, and Alexander from the TVC Ohio have been in contact. Not sure about the hocking schools but I would be surprised if Waterford and Belpre haven’t been in discussions just because of their proximity to the conference if they decide to split into a big/small League.
Waterford and Belpre are interested if the league gets enough schools to split into 2. Also MOVL small div is struggling maybe Frontier could come over. Get all Washington county schools in the same league.
Who are all the Washington County Schools.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Play60Football wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:15 pm
Dundas wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:30 pm

I believe Athens, Meigs, and Alexander from the TVC Ohio have been in contact. Not sure about the hocking schools but I would be surprised if Waterford and Belpre haven’t been in discussions just because of their proximity to the conference if they decide to split into a big/small League.
Waterford and Belpre are interested if the league gets enough schools to split into 2. Also MOVL small div is struggling maybe Frontier could come over. Get all Washington county schools in the same league.
Warren
Marietta
Fort Frye
Belpre
Waterford
Frontier

3 big 3 small

Fort could go both ways.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

EasternDspy wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:46 pm
Play60Football wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:15 pm

Warren
Marietta
Fort Frye
Belpre
Waterford
Frontier

3 big 3 small

Fort could go both ways.
Big

Marietta
Warren
Point Pleasant
(Athens)
(Meigs)
(Gallia) or (Morgan)

Small

Fort Frye
(Waterford)
(Belpre)
(Trimble)
(Alexander)
(Williamstown) or (Nelsonville York)

6-6 would be a solid league.

Tom Smyth
Waterboy

Post by Tom Smyth »

Dundas wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:14 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:02 pm What would Vinton do if they lost the tvc.
I have no clue. If Athens, NY, Alex, and Meigs all left, the TVC would have to combine into one conference. Not sure that would work for VC.

VC
RV
Trimble
Wellston
Fed Hock
Eastern
Southern

These would be the remaining schools. If you take out VC, that would work imo. Worst case scenario, the TVC implodes, I could see VC trying to start a conference with Wellston, RV, Oak Hill, and Trimble OR petition the SVC. Not sure either of those would be great options though. Vc could become independent. Who knows.
Implode is a fitting word for what’s ahead. People had to see this coming when the dumbassez running the TVC decided to turn it all over to Danny. He clearly only cares about the best interest of one school and once people realized that it’s been like rats looking for a soft landing to jump ship.

Leave No Doubt
Riding the Bench

Post by Leave No Doubt »

Hold your horses boys. There is TVC bombshell that will have exciting news very soon.

LEAVE NO DOUBT, TORNADOES!
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Tom Smyth wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:29 pm
Dundas wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:14 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:02 pm What would Vinton do if they lost the tvc.
I have no clue. If Athens, NY, Alex, and Meigs all left, the TVC would have to combine into one conference. Not sure that would work for VC.

VC
RV
Trimble
Wellston
Fed Hock
Eastern
Southern

These would be the remaining schools. If you take out VC, that would work imo. Worst case scenario, the TVC implodes, I could see VC trying to start a conference with Wellston, RV, Oak Hill, and Trimble OR petition the SVC. Not sure either of those would be great options though. Vc could become independent. Who knows.
Implode is a fitting word for what’s ahead. People had to see this coming when the dumbassez running the TVC decided to turn it all over to Danny. He clearly only cares about the best interest of one school and once people realized that it’s been like rats looking for a soft landing to jump ship.
Who’s Danny?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Leave No Doubt wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:42 pm Hold your horses boys. There is TVC bombshell that will have exciting news very soon.
Is Oak Hill rumors one of the reasons some teams want to leave?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I still think the TVC should just invite the TSL and make 3 divisions. Schools like VC , Wellston, and River Valley that didn’t want Warren , Marietta and Fort Frye might not be for it.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

EasternDspy wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:24 pm
Leave No Doubt wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:42 pm Hold your horses boys. There is TVC bombshell that will have exciting news very soon.

Oak Hill joining the TVC would be to even the number in the Ohio. Warren, Marietta, Logan, Jackson, Fort Frye have all been voted down. The oaks would be the next in a long line trying to join the TVC. I don’t see Oak Hill possibly joining as a reason anyone leaves minus Athens. OH is bigger than NY, just as competitive as RV, Alex, Wellston and Meigs.

I think, realistically, the only big school TVC team that may jump to the TSL is Athens. I don’t know if their super would be for the move though. Their costs in the TVC are well below what they would be in the TSL. That’s ultimately why they joined the TVC in the first place. Let’s not forget, they played for a state title while a member of the TVC. So playoff preparation isn’t really a big deal. They were good enough to play for a state title regardless of what conference or league they were in.

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

Some thoughts

1. I believe the “Danny” they are referring to is Daniel Otto. He is the principal at Racine and apparently is the TVC Czar.

2. Athens only did what they did because they had that Burrows kid. It wasn’t about the TVC.

3. Farmer Yoder should be named Commish of League Officials.

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Dundas wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:38 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:24 pm

Oak Hill joining the TVC would be to even the number in the Ohio. Warren, Marietta, Logan, Jackson, Fort Frye have all been voted down. The oaks would be the next in a long line trying to join the TVC. I don’t see Oak Hill possibly joining as a reason anyone leaves minus Athens. OH is bigger than NY, just as competitive as RV, Alex, Wellston and Meigs.

I think, realistically, the only big school TVC team that may jump to the TSL is Athens. I don’t know if their super would be for the move though. Their costs in the TVC are well below what they would be in the TSL. That’s ultimately why they joined the TVC in the first place. Let’s not forget, they played for a state title while a member of the TVC. So playoff preparation isn’t really a big deal. They were good enough to play for a state title regardless of what conference or league they were in.
Playing the current schedule a home playoff game just isn’t that realistic.

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

Athens is the only TVC school that I can see jumping. I really don't understand the appeal of the TSL for the others. The TVC is a competitive league and the schools are all close in size and travel.

I'd like to see:
Marietta
Warren
Fort Frye
Point Pleasant
Gallia Academy
Athens
Ripley
Williamstown

8 teams. No divisions. Willy and Fort can compete with the big schools.

TVC Ohio adds Oak Hill and Trimble to get to 8. TVC Hocking adds Miller back to get to 6. Everybody wins.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

pioneer19 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:45 pm Athens is the only TVC school that I can see jumping. I really don't understand the appeal of the TSL for the others. The TVC is a competitive league and the schools are all close in size and travel.

I'd like to see:
Marietta
Warren
Fort Frye
Point Pleasant
Gallia Academy
Athens
Ripley
Williamstown

TVC Ohio adds Oak Hill and Trimble to get to 8. TVC Hocking adds Miller back to get to 6. Everybody wins.
Would love this. Even if you take out Ripley and Gallia, you still have a solid 6 team league. I would like to see a team actually jump - once one goes, I think we’ll get several in a relatively short period of time.

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

beg003 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:26 pm
pioneer19 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:45 pm Athens is the only TVC school that I can see jumping. I really don't understand the appeal of the TSL for the others. The TVC is a competitive league and the schools are all close in size and travel.

I'd like to see:
Marietta
Warren
Fort Frye
Point Pleasant
Gallia Academy
Athens
Ripley
Williamstown

Would love this. Even if you take out Ripley and Gallia, you still have a solid 6 team league. I would like to see a team actually jump - once one goes, I think we’ll get several in a relatively short period of time.
Agree 100%. Get Athens and Williamstown (or someone else) to join and the TSL becomes a much more viable option for other schools. That's probably what it will take to get a school like Gallia interested. Morgan might even reconsider. If not, 6 teams is still solid.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

I’m hearing Athens and Gallia have both declined the TSL and I would imagine Meigs won’t pull the trigger either with oak hill all but in the TVC now. The TVC will be even at 8 teams and the longest drive will be 1 hour and 10 minutes with 4 lane travel.

Old Shorts
Freshman Team

Post by Old Shorts »

Dundas wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:30 pm I’m hearing Athens and Gallia have both declined the TSL and I would imagine Meigs won’t pull the trigger either with oak hill all but in the TVC now. The TVC will be even at 8 teams and the longest drive will be 1 hour and 10 minutes with 4 lane travel.
And VC will be once again marked safe from having to compete with Warren for conference titles in basketball. :mrgreen:

"Rocking a pair of 1985 gray coaching shorts that are now yellow in the front and brown in the back" :D
OhioSportsGuyMike
Waterboy

Post by OhioSportsGuyMike »

I’m with pioneer19, that would be a competitive league.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

This could be an exciting league. The TVC is looking at adding boring additions.

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

Well get Nelsonvile to join then.

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
MVLfan
Waterboy

Post by MVLfan »

TVC should ask Morgan, Crooksville, and New Lex to join in with them if they are looking to expand.
After Coshocton and RV leave together, it’s only a matter of time until the other teams start looking elsewhere as the smalls do not want to go back to 1 unified league.

Return to “Football”