Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Round 2 Washington @ Sheridan

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats Blue Lions on your first round win. Need to tighten that defense up against Sheridan.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Sheridan 56
Washington 35

wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

VetteMan wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:40 am Congrats Blue Lions on your first round win. Need to tighten that defense up against Sheridan.
It was not all on the defense. Anything that could go wrong went wrong to begin the game. We had alot of turn overs early the kids were nervous you could tell. Factor in the fact everyone kept telling them that we had not won a game since 2001 . The played tight and nervous at first but eventually found their footing. South had 2 scoop and scores in the first half off fumbles. The Blue Lion offense could not get going . It started off bad.

I will take away from South either that QB is very good and he is a game changer. I thought someone told me last night at the game he is only a sophomore. He is electric and his receiver's came up with big plays too

Now back to this game . I think this is a good match up for the Blue in this round but will come down to if the team is focused and locked in mentally. When this team is they can play with alot of the teams that are still left in the region. If not it will be a long trip to Thornville!

Sheridan is very disciplined their QB looks like he can air it out and hes not afraid to run has good speed. The wide receivers run some good routes. Defensively we will cause some problems for them.

Washington for us to win force turnovers on defense. Every Game this season we have force 2 or more turnovers we have won. We need to not let the game get out of hand . We cannot give up 21 or 28 in the first half or quarter and expect to comeback against a seasoned playoff laiden team like Sheridan.

We have to clean up on special teams guys have to keep their assignments , we gave up to many big plays on special teams . Need to clean that up .

I like this match up for us , I think its pretty even and a very winnable game . I was also surprised the Circleville seemed to be in the game with Sheridan.

Let's go Big Blue I will be making the long trip to Thornville !

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

I have a feeling that Sheridan went with basic plays and didn't want to show much in their win over Circleville.

muskiefan11
JV Team

Post by muskiefan11 »

Sheridan plays two QB’s who both do a good job running the offense. Packer imo is the better QB, and if it comes down to crunch time he will be the man, but they both seem to get the job done. They have a mix of thunder and lightning in their backs between Munyan (yes another one) and I believe his name is Poirer. Their lines are very physical. They run a lot of rpo’s that the QB’s read extremely well and they can hurt you on the ground or through the air. Their Defense is very stout. Sheridan is an extremely well coached team that won’t beat itself and will battle for 4 quarters. They will be a tough out because of their toughness.

I don’t know much about Washington but I do know they better be able to stop the run or else it will be a very long night for the Lions.

I’ll take Sheridan 35-24

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

The Generals march on 49-28

Maga2022
Waterboy

Post by Maga2022 »

This an average Sheridan team this year. Is average good enough to beat WCH?

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

An average Sheridan team is 8 or 9 wins in the regular season and two or more rounds deep into the playoffs.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

WCH has the ability to keep this game close but they've got to find the defense they had the first 8 weeks of the year as they are giving up a ton of points these last 3 weeks. I'll take Sheridan by 14

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Maga2022 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:03 pm This an average Sheridan team this year. Is average good enough to beat WCH?

average sheridan team ?????

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Kids of corn win by 14

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Post by soggybottomtopper »

Washington had a nice season, but this is Sheridan time. Give me the Generals.

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

Sheridan should be able to win this game, but WCH has the ability to beat them if they are looking ahead to a possible rematch with Tri-Valley. (Tri-Valley has a much bigger task against Bloom Carroll.)

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Sheridan plays football….I don’t think they can lose this game, though they let Circleville stay close a while and I think Washington would beat Circleville by 28

11B21
Waterboy

Post by 11B21 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:44 pm Sheridan plays football….I don’t think they can lose this game, though they let Circleville stay close a while and I think Washington would beat Circleville by 28
Didn't get to watch the Sheridan vs Circleville game but something tells me they didn't play alot of starters. That game shouldn't have been that close.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

11B21 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:23 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:44 pm Sheridan plays football….I don’t think they can lose this game, though they let Circleville stay close a while and I think Washington would beat Circleville by 28
Didn't get to watch the Sheridan vs Circleville game but something tells me they didn't play alot of starters. That game shouldn't have been that close.
They may not have shown much but I doubt they sat many starters….plus every team will have access to basically every game so not showing much doesn’t mean a bunch.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:59 pm
11B21 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:23 pm
They may not have shown much but I doubt they sat many starters….plus every team will have access to basically every game so not showing much doesn’t mean a bunch.
First off let me say that I have not seen Sheridan play this year, but from watching them in the past I have a lot of respect for their program. I would like to see WCH win this game, but after watching them against Jackson a few weeks ago, I'm not sure that I can truthfully say that I can get this image out of my mind as to what kind of effort that they put forth against the Ironmen. Every team can have a bad night, so hopefully that may have been theirs. Sheridan may not be the powerhouse of the past few years, and I hope that I'm wrong, but I would still have to take Sheridan for the win.

LBD0263
Riding the Bench

Post by LBD0263 »

Where's the Defense CH supposedly had the first half of the year? Not sure if the injury bug struck or what happened. Hard to pick against Sheridan in this one but hoping CH can pull it out. They need Ray Lewis to come in and get them fired up to play some inspired football. I will say if they can protect the QB he can throw it with the best. Also have a stud WR to catch it in the 6'4 range but need time for plays to develop down field.

Goodluck to CH in this 1!

mt1fan
Freshman Team

Post by mt1fan »

Sheridan wins this one 42-28. the Blue Lion defense has some issues to fix.

Return to “Football”