Waverly 49 Minford 24 2022

Omega
SEOPS H

Waverly 49 Minford 24 2022

Post by Omega »

Waverly 3-5 (1-2 SOC2) travels to Minford 5-3 (1-2 SOC2) in a week nine game.

Waverly come off a 49-14 physical beat down at the hands of the Burg. The Tigers must regroup and secure a win against the Falcons to keep hopes of a .500 season and playoff berth alive.

Minford had a easy time last night defeating Oak Hill 38-10. The Falcons too need a win to keep playoff hopes alive and to claim third place in the SOC2 standings.

Should be a competitive game if Waverly can regroup after being manhandled.
Last edited by Omega on Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Tigernation2021
Varsity

Re: WK 9 Minford - Waverly

Post by Tigernation2021 »

This was the game I figured was going to be our make or break .500 game, haven't got to see anything about Minford other than them going up against Burg where they were manhandled as well. Minford looked like they struggled in the 1st half against OH only up 13-3 at half, so this should be an interesting matchup. Minford is going to rely on Pica to carry the load but Pica doesn't exactly have that break away outside speed that has hurt us all year, QB is athletic and need to keep him contained because he will take off running. I like our chances in this one, going with Waverly by a score in Muletown.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

3-5 Waverly at #16 in the region ahead of 3-5 Clinton Massie who is #19. #16 is NOT where you want to be and have to travel to Wyoming.
UNIOTO was a game Waverly really needed and could have won but now it comes down to this Minford game to salvage a .500 season and make the playoffs.

Minford is beatable but it will take a performance like the one against West & Valley.

Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Waverly 35
Min 24

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Minford by 7

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

I like waverly by 21 or more

JackBauer
Waterboy

Post by JackBauer »

Waverly by 14

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

These two mirror in concept. Athletic but very young. Toss up game.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

After Friday night's beatdown it's gut check time for the Tigers. We can no longer use the youth excuse. Tigers have enough Jr/Sr with younger guys mixed in to leave Muletown with the W. Waverly MUST win the next two to finish .500 and salvage the season. Ýes, we know the schedule was brutal and heading into the season most knew 6-4 was about where they should finish and that depended on the Unioto game. That game was very winnable but the Tigers weren't able to pull it off so now 5-5 is where they must end up.
I don't think there are any other injury reports coming out of the Wheelersburg game so the Tigers should be ok in that regards. It's time to buckle down and finish the season with two wins starting with Minford.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

smurray wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:54 pm After Friday night's beatdown it's gut check time for the Tigers. We can no longer use the youth excuse. Tigers have enough Jr/Sr with younger guys mixed in to leave Muletown with the W. Waverly MUST win the next two to finish .500 and salvage the season. Ýes, we know the schedule was brutal and heading into the season most knew 6-4 was about where they should finish and that depended on the Unioto game. That game was very winnable but the Tigers weren't able to pull it off so now 5-5 is where they must end up.
I don't think there are any other injury reports coming out of the Wheelersburg game so the Tigers should be ok in that regards. It's time to buckle down and finish the season with two wins starting with Minford.
I like it, you are correct for as young as we are at certain positions we've got enough veteran guys they were supposed to drag us to a 6-4, 5-5 record basically. At this point in the season it's hard to look at the youngsters we're trotting out there and say we're a young team because hey these guys have been making plays, you look at the West game we got back into that game because of the sophomores who are stepping up now. The young guys are more than pulling their weight we've got a veteran OL and DL that needs to step the hell out and play some ball. There's no sense in not being able to block a 3 man front or open up holes against 5 in the box, or be unable to slow down the run these were the guys that were supposed to help carry this team. It's time for them to step up grab these next 2 games and see what happens come playoff time, Juniors and Seniors I'm putting it on your it's time you carry this team to the finish line.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Both of these teams have been so unpredictable from week to week throughout the season. Should and could be a very good ballgame.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Waverly 28-21

Waverlyintheday
Waterboy

Post by Waverlyintheday »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:41 am
smurray wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:54 pm After Friday night's beatdown it's gut check time for the Tigers. We can no longer use the youth excuse. Tigers have enough Jr/Sr with younger guys mixed in to leave Muletown with the W. Waverly MUST win the next two to finish .500 and salvage the season. Ýes, we know the schedule was brutal and heading into the season most knew 6-4 was about where they should finish and that depended on the Unioto game. That game was very winnable but the Tigers weren't able to pull it off so now 5-5 is where they must end up.
I like it, you are correct for as young as we are at certain positions we've got enough veteran guys they were supposed to drag us to a 6-4, 5-5 record basically. At this point in the season it's hard to look at the youngsters we're trotting out there and say we're a young team because hey these guys have been making plays, you look at the West game we got back into that game because of the sophomores who are stepping up now. The young guys are more than pulling their weight we've got a veteran OL and DL that needs to step the hell out and play some ball. There's no sense in not being able to block a 3 man front or open up holes against 5 in the box, or be unable to slow down the run these were the guys that were supposed to help carry this team. It's time for them to step up grab these next 2 games and see what happens come playoff time, Juniors and Seniors I'm putting it on your it's time you carry this team to the finish line.
I could not agree more with Tiger Nation. Only thing I could say to defend Logan, Brock and Nate is they go both ways and they get worn out. No excuse for the other lineman and D ends and linebackers as they are fresh
Anyone going both ways get worn out in a physical game like burg.
Waverly should win this game only because I do believe our offense is hard to stop.

baller
Waterboy

Post by baller »

Really just because a bunch of 15 year old sophomores got beat by a bunch of 19 year old burg kids who come from all over to play for them. Any 15 year old can use the excuse that they are youth. I bet when you all where sophomores you was all state. Probably didn't ever even see the field. who cares if they are 5-5 or4-6. You all don't think these kids work hard, They do a lot more than we ever did
You don't think they want to win. You think a kid fumbles a ball or misses a tackle on purpose.

Waverlyintheday
Waterboy

Re: WK9 Minford - Waverly

Is there any truth that Waverly is talking about joining the FAC league. I for one hope not but have herd it one to many times lately.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Waverlyintheday wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:32 pm Is there any truth that Waverly is talking about joining the FAC league. I for one hope not but have herd it one to many times lately.

I have no knowledge of such a move but I would hope Waverly would not consider a move to the FAC. They already have a nice competitive balance niche within the SOC2 and the grass is not always greener on the other side. Reference Waverly's ill fated venture into the SEOAL in the 1970's and early 80's

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Waverlyintheday
Waterboy

Omega wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:45 pm
Waverlyintheday wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:32 pm Is there any truth that Waverly is talking about joining the FAC league. I for one hope not but have herd it one to many times lately.

I have no knowledge of such a move but I would hope Waverly would not consider a move to the FAC. They already have a nice competitive balance niche within the SOC2 and the grass is not always greener on the other side. Reference Waverly's ill fated venture into the SEOAL in the 1970's and early 80's
I have herd its on new school boards agenda numerous times. I guess we will see
I for one hope they do not pull a move like this. The new members of school board at Waverly I have not herd a good thing about them yet.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Tigers 21 to 20 in o.t.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Waverlyintheday wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:28 pm
Omega wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:45 pm

I have herd its on new school boards agenda numerous times. I guess we will see
I for one hope they do not pull a move like this. The new members of school board at Waverly I have not herd a good thing about them yet.
Considering there weren’t many happy with the new coach hiring for basketball I sure hope they don’t do this, I see no benefit to joining the FAC in any form of athletics for us

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
Tigernation2021
Varsity

I haven't heard any talks on this and honestly I'm not sure there's any benefit for Waverly to join FAC. We would be adding to our drive times across the board, Waverly and Jackson used to play every year and haven't for quite sometime now. I also think with Crabtree's future up in the air right now I don't see that move being made.
Last edited by Tigernation2021 on Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”