Athens 6 - 21 Vinton County 2022

Amock0905
Freshman Team

Re: WK5 Athens - Vinton County

Post by Amock0905 »

The County Resident wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:57 pm
boss8 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:15 am Is Nathan White on the hot seat at Athens? At what point does being Joey Burrow’s OC stop protecting him from scrutiny for his team being absolutely terrible? There aren’t 5 D1 skill players and a future #1 draft pick walking through that door anytime soon…aka ever again.
He shouldn’t be. The Athens kids played very hard last night and they are pretty young. He called multiple plays that should’ve been touchdowns, the QB was just slightly off or the WR straight up dropped a wide open TD pass. Their scheme was on point last night. The execution was just not there.
I wouldn’t say the QB was a little off #33 for athens dropped 2 passes that hit his hands in the end zone the QB for athens played awesome I think

The 24 year drought is over! 🏈🏆
fviking76
Waterboy

Post by fviking76 »

Always a good idea to single out a kid for making a mistake.

Older bird
Freshman Team

Post by Older bird »

Amock0905 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:01 pm
boss8 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:15 am Is Nathan White on the hot seat at Athens? At what point does being Joey Burrow’s OC stop protecting him from scrutiny for his team being absolutely terrible? There aren’t 5 D1 skill players and a future #1 draft pick walking through that door anytime soon…aka ever again.
He shouldn’t be. The Athens kids played very hard last night and they are pretty young. He called multiple plays that should’ve been touchdowns, the QB was just slightly off or the WR straight up dropped a wide open TD pass. Their scheme was on point last night. The execution was just not there.
I wouldn’t say the QB was a little off #33 for athens dropped 2 passes that hit his hands in the end zone the QB for athens played awesome I think
I would never blame a kid either. So if either qb was off and/or dropped balls, wouldn’t execution of plays fall on coach at practice.? Of course maybe I’m wrong.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Older bird wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:24 am
Amock0905 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:01 pm

I would never blame a kid either. So if either qb was off and/or dropped balls, wouldn’t execution of plays fall on coach at practice.? Of course maybe I’m wrong.
Kids can be blamed, just don't need to be singled out. If a player drops a pass it isn't the coaches fault. If he drops multiple passes then I would blame the coach for having player still in the game

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Probably closer than most thought it would be but a win is a win, as it has been said. Congrats on the win. Good luck next week against a tough Alexander squad.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Athens 6 - 21 Vinton County 2022

Post by mattash »

Athens 6 - 21 Vinton County

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott

Return to “Football”