Best/Favorite Underclassmen to watch during playoffs.

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Best/Favorite Underclassmen to watch during playoffs.

Post by LetsBeReal »

For me it’s Devon Lattimore of Portsmouth. Kid is and will be very special. Great hands and great speed. I’ve been trying to figure out who he is since he tore up the Waverly Jv in the scrimmage. Pretty sure he had 3 Tds in the 2nd half alone but he was on a completely different level. Waverly was up at half 42-21 and after Lattimore went in no one seemed to score but him.

Then on Saturday I saw him again with the clutch kickoff return for a TD to extend their lead back to 10 after Zane Trace scored making it 17-14. I thought I would of seen more of him when Waverly and Portsmouth played but didn’t.

Portsmouth has a very talented team returning a lot of key players for next year. They will be fun to watch for a few years.

If I’m wrong please correct me but I think I finally have this figured out.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Re: Best/Favorite Underclassmen to watch during playoffs.

Post by biggdowgg »

Devon is a very good athlete he is a sophomore this year and will start on the basketball team " he got a starting position at the end of last year as a freshman " he is super quick .

Why he was not used more on the football team with his speed and athleticism I dont know , he only got the playing time he did at zane trace because of an injury ,he came in and got player of the game,its going to be fun watching him for the next 3 years for sure

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

biggdowgg wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:02 am Devon is a very good athlete he is a sophomore this year and will start on the basketball team " he got a starting position at the end of last year as a freshman " he is super quick .

Why he was not used more on the football team with his speed and athleticism I dont know , he only got the playing time he did at zane trace because of an injury ,he came in and got player of the game,its going to be fun watching him for the next 3 years for sure

As for returning players for football, we take a few big hits ,including our qb ,Donovan carr receiver and great defensive player another really good receiver Bryant and a couple others, our jv team only lost a couple games, losing Drew Roe will be a huge loss , one of phs best qbs no doubt if not the best

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Trojans lose a lot this year. Roe, Carr, Bryant, 3 starting OL Thurman, Poxes, Carver. All of those kids play defense too, Thurman probably leads the team in tackles from his MLB spot. Zurborg & Griffith both starters on the defensive line graduate too, as well as the Maxie kid who came from Burg and started the first 5 games. Lattimore should step in and fill one of the WR spots from losing Bryant & Carr.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Trojans lose a massive player on defense in the Thurman kid and he’s the senior. Thurman is by far the best defensive player. Lose roe, Bryant, Carr, Johnson, Alberto poxes ( spelled wrong), I think 13 seniors, roe will be tough to replace you can see the stats he’s 90% of the offense. But have some good ones coming back. It will be interesting next year

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

Freshman Braylon Robertson does an outstanding job at linebacker for Waverly.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

The Flush wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:24 am Freshman Braylon Robertson does an outstanding job at linebacker for Waverly.
Starts as a freshman and is a beast, blowing it up!

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Winters at Jackson makes throws that few I’ve seen on Fridays can make. The others I know of that are fun to watch are all seniors or eliminated

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

A couple of kids at Piketon who have grown during the season are Jr. Jayden Thacker at RB and LB, and Soph. Zane Brownfield at LB. Jayden has become a lot more decisive carrying the ball, and they both will bring the heat when going after the ball.

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Post by Ironmannut07 »

I like watching Cade Wolford from Jackson. Shifty back that runs hard between the tackles. Looking forward to watching him for I believe the next two years. I think he’s a sophomore

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Jackson--
Winters--Junior QB and LB
Wolford--Soph. RB, dude is just electric in space

Waverly-
Robertson--Freshman LB seems to always be around the ball in the run game
W. Crabtree--Junior DE/TE kid has a motor that won't quit
Hurd--Soph RB

Western Brown--
Novak QB--I don't care if anyone doesn't consider them SEO, he's closer to our area that a team like Tri-Valley young man is worth the price of admission. 4100 yards, 45 TDs and 6 ints. 883 yards rushing on 105 carries

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Pika I think is his name from Minford has impressed me last year and this year in the games that I saw believe he is a sophomore

Keyes and Wilson for Ironton

Franklin from gallia along with the shamblin brothers I think have a lot of potential but I’ve seen this a thousand times before from this team usually doesn’t end how you would expect

The lebeau kid from Miami trace I believe he’s an underclass men really exciting player to watch

Both lattinore kids from burg are fun to watch and I’m not sure if he’s and underclassmen but #4 is a kid I’d like to have on my team.

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Dragonsbreath12
Riding the Bench

Post by Dragonsbreath12 »

A lot of Fairlands offense returns next year. Losing Brumfield will be a big blow but they have a lot of weapons returning. Jackson at QB, return Steeler Leep, the Kitts kid is just a freshaman and going to be a star and the younger Hunt brother. Fairland could go back to the air game a little more next season.

JFLRADIO Big Mor
Riding the Bench

Post by JFLRADIO Big Mor »

Dragonsbreath12 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:23 pm A lot of Fairlands offense returns next year. Losing Brumfield will be a big blow but they have a lot of weapons returning. Jackson at QB, return Steeler Leep, the Kitts kid is just a freshaman and going to be a star and the younger Hunt brother. Fairland could go back to the air game a little more next season.
The entire Fairland freshman class is something to keep an eye on. Ethan Stewart and Cooper Charles on the line are special, kegan and Hayden will also be special. Then there is the Kitts kid who has shown flashes. He is truly special and i believe this freshman class will be better than this group of seniors IF, they commit to the weight room. Defending state powerlifting champions, i think they have bought in.

Return to “Football”