Only one way to get over last night.

Get it on with another state championship game team

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Licking Valley @ Jackson 7pm week3

Post by Ironman92 »

Must win.

Man they played lights out defense last week but i feel it will be even more of a challenge as LV is also very well coached and will do a lot more things to prepare for. The kids on the line really stepped up and I expect to see them continue….that was great to witness and so many different kids contributed, be it just a few plays or most of the night…that’s what it takes. That game took a lot of wear and tear and energy. LV will be a challenge. I hope to see 5+ deep kickoffs and disciplined coverage. I trust that issue will be resolved as the Ironmen improve each week towards something great at the end.

Gbigg75
Waterboy

Post by Gbigg75 »

Licking Valley is very young this year with not alot of size. But the D is fast and gets to the ball. They will play hard and I would never count them out but the young QB doesn't have a lot of games under him. If he can get the passing game going it should be a great game.

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

Jackson was the truth at Ironton. Hard to pick against them at home.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Im trying to find tape from Thornville and LV hope it’s on YouTube the one I found said it was terminated?! but if anyone has it a link would be nice.

Doesn’t really matter what LV brings into Alumni Stadium if the ironmen play like they did last week. Eli Broermann will run hard I like the way he plays. Loved the unbalanced line ole bingo harpo days reminds me of playing for Dave Humphreys. Felt so great to drive it on ironton they could do nothing to stop it. Tons of grit it was so great to watch. #7 is an absolute animal runs down hill with a purpose. you young guys take notes this is how you do it.
Last edited by allamericanironman on Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:33 am, edited 3 times in total.

Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Jak by 14

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Jackson bounces back. Be easy on those lineman this week the offense and defensive guys fought hard the entire game vs ironton.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

They’ll get better each week.

Gettin up for this game shouldn’t be a problem. Let’s hope anyways.

Yes , understand what it took to give the performance at Ironton but it’s over now. History books. LV is comin and best be ready for it. There’s a state runner up in 2019. They know what it takes it and they do it.

Team Captains——LEAD
Seniors——-LEAD

Practice hard and get ready this week.

DEFEND Alumni Stadium!!!!!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Be interesting how Jackson plays after the last second lost. I don’t know what Licking Valley brings back but they have competed for mid size state titles

Gbigg75
Waterboy

Post by Gbigg75 »

Licking Valley is young this year with not much size but the will play hard. The underclasses coming are very good and the next 3-4 years they should be very good. This year is the 1st time in years I would say it's a rebuild but they could go anywhere from 5-5 to 8-2. Week one they played a good Sheridan team and thanks to a bad call on a Sheridan punt let the game get away. But it's part of the game we all get. I watched both your games online and this will be a tuff game for this young group but they have surprised me many times over the years.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:36 am Be interesting how Jackson plays after the last second lost. I don’t know what Licking Valley brings back but they have competed for mid size state titles
No doubt bruised and battered. Players need to recover and during this crazy 4 game run of tough games the use of the next guy in getting some reps and even the down the bench guys getting a snap or two are big IMO.

mackdog
Freshman Team

Post by mackdog »

Forget about last week! The Ironmen must come in mentally prepared for another battle with LV. I expect another strong performance with the outcome being in favor of the Ironmen this time.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mackdog wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:02 pm Forget about last week! The Ironmen must come in mentally prepared for another battle with LV. I expect another strong performance with the outcome being in favor of the Ironmen this time.
I actually don’t want them to forget last week. I want them to remember how great they played and executed and not only stood toe to toe with the best around, but were slightly more physical and the aggressor….and the issues of fumbles and special teams will keep focus to not have those issues.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:04 pm
mackdog wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:02 pm Forget about last week! The Ironmen must come in mentally prepared for another battle with LV. I expect another strong performance with the outcome being in favor of the Ironmen this time.
I actually don’t want them to forget last week. I want them to remember how great they played and executed and not only stood toe to toe with the best around, but were slightly more physical and the aggressor….and the issues of fumbles and special teams will keep focus to not have those issues.

I believe they get better.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Another tough game. I could honestly see it going either way but after the Ironton game I definitely have a lot of faith in the Ironmen for the rest of the year. Just need to keep that effort and intensity up.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Ironmen get a big win here I think.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

This is the year to get Valley. Jackson shakes off last week and post a 20 point win.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

After a heartbreaking defeat against the Tigers, I like the Ironmen to regroup and secure a win over Licking Valley.

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

Licking Valley HS is going remote learning starting tomorrow for 2 weeks. 200 students quarantined. To this point, no sport affected.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

teach1coach2 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:41 pm Licking Valley HS is going remote learning starting tomorrow for 2 weeks. 200 students quarantined. To this point, no sport affected.
200 kids quarantined and none are in a sport?

Return to “Football”