JV Team

Re: Week 2 Waverly vs Johnstown

Post by Sports-nut »

Looks like they got defeated by Licking Heights 42-14

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

glad to see Waverly pick up a consistent DV team in the Johnnies. If we correct the penalties and unlucky turnovers I think the tigers should come out on top. Offense was humming against Miami Trace as well. So many options and speed in our skill positions

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Wade Futhey in his first career start Friday night throws for 351 yards and 4 scores. If you would have told me only 58 of those yards and no TD’s would go to his older brother Will I would have said ya right. But that’s how many weapons this Tiger team has. Two TD throws to Will were called back and the focus on him lead to Wade finding other very talented receivers wide open. It’s pick your poison. 4 TD passes to 4 different receivers. Hurd added the only rushing TD and a very nice run and Stulley capped the night off with a fumble recovery returned for a TD to go with his TD reception.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

smurray wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:29 pm Wade Futhey in his first career start Friday night throws for 351 yards and 4 scores. If you would have told me only 58 of those yards and no TD’s would go to his older brother Will I would have said ya right. But that’s how many weapons this Tiger team has. Two TD throws to Will were called back and the focus on him lead to Wade finding other very talented receivers wide open. It’s pick your poison. 4 TD passes to 4 different receivers. Hurd added the only rushing TD and a very nice run and Stulley capped the night off with a fumble recovery returned for a TD to go with his TD reception.
I look for Morrison to have a big year. Very talented youngman.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

BigBlueNation wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:45 pm
smurray wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:29 pm Wade Futhey in his first career start Friday night throws for 351 yards and 4 scores. If you would have told me only 58 of those yards and no TD’s would go to his older brother Will I would have said ya right. But that’s how many weapons this Tiger team has. Two TD throws to Will were called back and the focus on him lead to Wade finding other very talented receivers wide open. It’s pick your poison. 4 TD passes to 4 different receivers. Hurd added the only rushing TD and a very nice run and Stulley capped the night off with a fumble recovery returned for a TD to go with his TD reception.
I look for Morrison to have a big year. Very talented youngman.
Very much so. And he does a great job at his safety position.

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

Good luck Tigers!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Good luck Tigers from another Tigers fan, you guys have a very good TEAM. I see another great season for you guys, I’m a fan after watching the scrimmage with my Fighting Tigers.

Go Tigers……

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Johnstown is really down this year. Well-coached, but very down.

Waverly by 45.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:46 pm Good luck Tigers from another Tigers fan, you guys have a very good TEAM. I see another great season for you guys, I’m a fan after watching the scrimmage with my Fighting Tigers.

Go Tigers……
Thanks

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

formerfcfan wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:06 am Johnstown is really down this year. Well-coached, but very down.

Waverly by 45.
I’ll believe that when I see it!

Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Waverly by 11

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Sports-nut wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:14 am Looks like they got defeated by Licking Heights 42-14
Wow! Johnstown always plays up in scheduling but with this score they must be down! Because they are coached well and no matter who they play it’s a game. They were loaded the last few years.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Waverly has great athletes at receiver and are a well oiled machine on offense. Waverly by a bit in this one.

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

Can anyone give any insight on what to expect out of Johnstown? Traditionally strong program in a down year. Could be a trap game for Waverly with the seemingly new expectations.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

LetsBeReal wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:38 am Can anyone give any insight on what to expect out of Johnstown? Traditionally strong program in a down year. Could be a trap game for Waverly with the seemingly new expectations.
I watched Johnstown’s week 1 opponent Licking Heights in a scrimmage vs Teays Valley. LH did not look good outside of their really elusive athlete at QB, “Deuce.” Kid can’t really throw but he’s got freaking wheels. Heights had a really poor o-line, especially in pass protection. ‘D’ looked OK. I came into last week thinking JM would beat Heights.

I was wrong. Heights had a monster second half against JM. Coach Carter from Johnstown is one of the best in Central Ohio. I couldn’t believe JM lost. Talked to some folks who are really “in the know” up that way afterwards: JM apparently lost a lot of players & talent to graduation and they’re in a huge dry well of useful talent*size. That makes sense when I read about what happened with the LH and JM game. JM is always well-coached and if you don’t have a lead going into the second half vs them you’re in deep trouble. They always make good adjustments.

Despite all of that, even the best of adjustments can be overcome if the ‘D’ just doesn’t have the horses.

Hope that explains my earlier comment on JM well.

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:50 am
LetsBeReal wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:38 am Can anyone give any insight on what to expect out of Johnstown? Traditionally strong program in a down year. Could be a trap game for Waverly with the seemingly new expectations.
I watched Johnstown’s week 1 opponent Licking Heights in a scrimmage vs Teays Valley. LH did not look good outside of their really elusive athlete at QB, “Deuce.” Kid can’t really throw but he’s got freaking wheels. Heights had a really poor o-line, especially in pass protection. ‘D’ looked OK. I came into last week thinking JM would beat Heights.

I was wrong. Heights had a monster second half against JM. Coach Carter from Johnstown is one of the best in Central Ohio. I couldn’t believe JM lost. Talked to some folks who are really “in the know” up that way afterwards: JM apparently lost a lot of players & talent to graduation and they’re in a huge dry well of useful talent*size. That makes sense when I read about what happened with the LH and JM game. JM is always well-coached and if you don’t have a lead going into the second half vs them you’re in deep trouble. They always make good adjustments.

Despite all of that, even the best of adjustments can be overcome if the ‘D’ just doesn’t have the horses.

Hope that explains my earlier comment on JM well.
Thanks very much. Sounds like it will be an entertaining game!

Shoedaddy
Freshman Team

Post by Shoedaddy »

Trap Game for sure. Unknown Opponent. Waverly coming off a blowout win and Johnstown the opposite. Different start time (7:30). Over confidence. Historically good program circling the wagons. Possible weather Delays (Waverly hasn't faired well in these recently). Extreme heat at practices. I hope I'm wrong but I see this one being closer than most are thinking.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Waverly by 35

Return to “Football”