Gallia Academy 22 Meigs 19 2021

MR305
Freshman Team

Gallia Academy 22 Meigs 19 2021

Post by MR305 »

I believe Gallia Academy will win easily even though they will be playing with a few backups the next few weeks. 4 players out last night for the Jamboree game.

BlizzardMan
S

Re: MEIGS @ GALLIA ACADEMY

Post by BlizzardMan »

MR305 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:59 pm I believe Gallia Academy will win easily even though they will be playing with a few backups the next few weeks. 4 players out last night for the Jamboree game.
This will be a closer game than people think. Meigs will have the best player on the field.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I agree this game may be closer then people think. Meigs is going to have a good passing game i think blue devils defensive backs may be a little suspect. Gallia will need to get pressure on the QB if they can do that they probably makes life a little easier. Hopefully Gallia doesnt have to punt to many times that looked a little suspect last night.

I was intrigued not by the offense Gallia ran during the game but by the plays they ran in warm ups that we saw none of during game. Gallia has a nice problem to have on offense they have too many kids you want to get the ball to. They have 5 or 6 kids i would trust handing ball off to or getting the ball through the air.

It was really nice to see a mobile QB again

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Jmo first good luck GA ! If they don't win this game it will be a 5-5 season .

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Geronimo wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:16 pm Jmo first good luck GA ! If they don't win this game it will be a 5-5 season .
Gallia wins this game. Meigs will just fundamentally be a much better team they have been for a while and it will be closer then a blow out some people might think. Gallia has 3 opponents Meigs, Athens and point pleasant that i am not sure how good they are outside of that barring major injuries this team should be 6-1. But in this opener you are going to have several kids being first time varsity starters i can just see maybe this score being like 35-24. i think that would be closer then a lot of people think. The one thing that was obvious from the jamboree game is right now this team is about 17 players deep when the other 7 or 8 kids get in they are still in a learning stage. So when blue devils put subs in games that look like blowouts they could get a lot closer in the end. But that will get better as those kids get more snaps every week

It is crazy to think with how many seniors and the talent that graduated but i think offensively this team will be better then last year and i also think this team is more talented on the defensive side but will need to grow into being a better defense.

After week 1 we will have a better idea what point pleasant and athens our about.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

svac83 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:35 pm
Geronimo wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:16 pm Jmo first good luck GA ! If they don't win this game it will be a 5-5 season .
Gallia wins this game. Meigs will just fundamentally be a much better team they have been for a while and it will be closer then a blow out some people might think. Gallia has 3 opponents Meigs, Athens and point pleasant that i am not sure how good they are outside of that barring major injuries this team should be 6-1. But in this opener you are going to have several kids being first time varsity starters i can just see maybe this score being like 35-24. i think that would be closer then a lot of people think. The one thing that was obvious from the jamboree game is right now this team is about 17 players deep when the other 7 or 8 kids get in they are still in a learning stage. So when blue devils put subs in games that look like blowouts they could get a lot closer in the end. But that will get better as those kids get more snaps every week

It is crazy to think with how many seniors and the talent that graduated but i think offensively this team will be better then last year and i also think this team is more talented on the defensive side but will need to grow into being a better defense.

After week 1 we will have a better idea what point pleasant and athens our about.
Good analysis. Cleland will give the Blue Devils fits, but it may not quite be enough. Meigs will be better defensively than in the recent past, but Gallia will be pretty hard to stop. I think its going to be an excellent game. Wouldn't be surprised if it's a one-score difference in the end.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Point will be sound and Athens might be down a little but will come to play.

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

BlizzardMan wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:42 pm

Good analysis. Cleland will give the Blue Devils fits, but it may not quite be enough. Meigs will be better defensively than in the recent past, but Gallia will be pretty hard to stop. I think its going to be an excellent game. Wouldn't be surprised if it's a one-score difference in the end.
Meigs defense didn't show much in both scrimmages!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Meigs has a high ceiling but also hasn’t met it over the last few years. Either team winning wouldn’t surprise me.

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

itsme wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:53 pm

Who needs defense when you have the best offensive player and best offensive mind calling the plays? Okay, I realize you have to be able to at least slow people down a bit but the offense requires most of the practice time this early on because it's so sophisticated. Once they get all of it in the defense will get more prep time but for right now they'll just outscore people.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

BlizzardMan wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:16 pm
MR305 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:59 pm I believe Gallia Academy will win easily even though they will be playing with a few backups the next few weeks. 4 players out last night for the Jamboree game.
This will be a closer game than people think. Meigs will have the best player on the field.
Isaac Clary might have something to say about that.

Hard to compare an elite quarterback and an elite lineman, but I'm not sure there is that much separation between the two on pure talent and potential at their respective positions.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

They will be better this week and will be better overall this season. That's what scrimmages are for. Work out the kinks.

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

BlizzardMan wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:16 pm

They will be better this week and will be better overall this season. That's what scrimmages are for. Work out the kinks.
Sure hope so

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Rock Hill has 60 plus on there team this season.

meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

Geronimo wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:18 am Rock Hill has 60 plus on there team this season.
Is this game a 3 way? Or did you just feel the need to tell us that about RH?

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

LoL that's is a lot of players for Rock Hill and there in the OVC. !!!

GalliaTribe
JV Team

Post by GalliaTribe »

Blue Devils by 10 in this one.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

GA by 2 tds !!!

GalliaTribe
JV Team