Week 1 - Valley @ Portsmouth 8/19

Crab's Brother
SEO

Week 1 - Valley @ Portsmouth 8/19

Post by Crab's Brother »

Two weeks from today the season kicks off with Portsmouth hosting Valley.

Valley should be really solid 1-11 on both sides of the ball. I believe this will be the best offensive line they have had in 5-6 years. The problem could be numbers and depth should injuries hit.

It sounds like Portsmouth will again be strong on offense but may have issues stopping teams.

Thoughts?

transplant
SE

Re: Week 1 - Valley @ Portsmouth 8/19

Post by transplant »

As long as Valley stays healthy they will compete most games. The skill kids are very skilled and will play hard. Coach Crabtree and staff will have them ready. This game sounds like it will be a shootout. Whoever has the ball last wins?

sportsfan2244
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan2244 »

If Portsmouth has any chance to win, they be able to tackle and get not let Valley run the ball down their throats. Crabtree will have a great game plan and always puts his kids in the best position to win. Not predicting a score just because its Game 1 but Valley comes out with the W. Go Valley

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Valley will try to come out and run the ball downhill I believe. They have a big experienced Oline and a couple of backs and a quarterback who have played a lot of ball. If Valley can get a few stops, I think there is a good chance they start 1-0.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Should be a good game, high scoring I would imagine. Nothing we haven’t seen between these 2 teams to kick off the season before. I’d imagine it’ll come down to if Portsmouth can stop the run game of Valley, and if Valley can stop Portsmouth’s passing game. The Trojans have a lot of speed and experience at WR, Roe has a ton of experience and is coming off a good season. Hopefully they’ll be able to give him time to throw the ball. That’s always a huge question with Portsmouth though. OLine has to be better this year if they want to win games. Week 1, no clue about either team really. I’ll say 48-37 Portsmouth!

Who Dey!
Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

I have no clue how this game is going to go. Portsmouth is always a tough first game because of their speed. The transfers will hurt valley this year but I’m sure someone will step up.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Portsmouth will score some points this year, but will struggle stopping anyone that can run the football

I think the next few year will be lean for Valley. Arnett is a good player, but isn’t very big and he’s gonna be the focus of every defense they play.

Crabtree will devise a plan to keep Valley competitive, but talent and speed will win out

Voice of Reason
Riding the Bench

Post by Voice of Reason »

Arnett is lean, but he's played nearly every down on both sides of the ball since he was a freshman. He's bigger and stronger now than he was then. This Valley team won 3 of 4 to end the season while playing multiple freshmen and sophomores in the backfield. Crab's Brother already said the line will be a strong point for Valley, but they also have 2 other ball carriers back that had big success last year. Nickel came on strong late in the season as a runner from the QB position and Morrow was a top notch back until he broke his hand last year and only played defense the last 3/4 of the season.

Portsmouth and Roe will put up some points for sure. This game will probably be determined by the Portsmouth defense. As others have said, if they can get stops that changes things. If not, Valley will pound the ball and try to control the clock.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Just a bit over 24 hours until kickoff!

Who Dey!
Fan of the youth
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of the youth »

Very excited to get the season going. I think this will be contrast of styles, run vs pass. I am going with ball control and clock management in this one.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Portsmouth will have to score 40 plus to win this game and even thst might not be enough ,the good news for Portsmouth defense is Cline is back as a senior he could be a difference maker and hopefully a couple other kids step up.

I'm looking for Johnson to have some nice runs out of back field and like posted already Roe has some nice receivers to throw too.

Hope for an injury free game for both teams on the first game .

GO TROJANS

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Does valley still live stream their games ?

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

biggdowgg wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:57 pm Does valley still live stream their games ?
Yeah but the game is at Portsmouth so they can’t stream it but I’m sure Portsmouth will have a stream

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

When the teams are so close in talent coaching will probably be the difference and no one is better than Crabtree I’ll take valley 40-35

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Izladoom wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:29 pm
biggdowgg wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:57 pm Does valley still live stream their games ?
Yeah but the game is at Portsmouth so they can’t stream it but I’m sure Portsmouth will have a stream

Thanks , portsmouth guy has his hands full dealing with his son with some medical issues so I doubt he will be able to .

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Good one

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I love that this series came about. Good programs, and good communities!

GO INDIANS!

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Trojans by 10. I think the offense is loaded with speed and the lack of depth will hurt valley. But Portsmouth’s line has to hold just a couple seconds to let roe throw. And the defense has to make some plays. I think valley will try to control the clock and run down the Trojans throat. Portsmouth pulls it out.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Valley 34
Portsmouth 27

Return to “Football”