Kirtland 39 vs Otsego 13 State Semi-Final

Kirtland80
All State

Kirtland 39 vs Otsego 13 State Semi-Final

Post by Kirtland80 »

Kirtland comes off a win over South Range 49-35, are 9-0 and have won their last 39 games. Otsego comes off a win over Eastwood 31-21, are 9-0 and have won their last 11 games. Does Otsego get the win to go to the state final and play for a championship, or does Kirtland do what they do and advance? Thoughts? Score?
Last edited by Kirtland80 on Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

6O HORN3TS 🐝
TigerMania
JV Team

Re: Kirtland vs Otsego State Semi-Final

Post by TigerMania »

Kirtland80 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:35 pm Kirtland comes off a win over South Range 49-35, are 9-0 and have won their last 39 games. Otsego comes off a win over Eastwood 31-21, are 9-0 and have won their last 11 games. Does Otsego get the win to go to the state final and play for a championship, or does Kirtland do what they do and advance? Thoughts? Score?
Well we know what kirtland can do but never seen Otsego. What do you know about them? They better be physical playing you all!

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

TigerMania wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:45 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:35 pm Kirtland comes off a win over South Range 49-35, are 9-0 and have won their last 39 games. Otsego comes off a win over Eastwood 31-21, are 9-0 and have won their last 11 games. Does Otsego get the win to go to the state final and play for a championship, or does Kirtland do what they do and advance? Thoughts? Score?
Well we know what kirtland can do but never seen Otsego. What do you know about them? They better be physical playing you all!
They are balanced. Can run it’s or pass it. They have a decent RB Trent Leiter. QB is decent. Takes care of the ball and not many mistakes. Their defensive guys are a little undersized but quick to the football. That’s about all of my scouting report on them

6O HORN3TS 🐝
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

TigerMania wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:45 pm
Nelsonville-York beat them in the D4 final in 1981 @ Groveport 34-16. Does that count. :lol: :lol:

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

I’m surprised at kland score (points against)

But, at least your last two games. You’ve scored & not run into physical walls like Harvest Prep & WL RIDGEWOOD like IHS has.

Very physical teams that it was good to see us slowly control and win.

Although both were close games for IHS, in my gut I knew Ironton would eventually get the W and advance in both!!

Good luck Hornets!

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:07 pm I’m surprised at kland score (points against)

But, at least your last two games. You’ve scored & not run into physical walls like Harvest Prep & WL RIDGEWOOD like IHS has.

Very physical teams that it was good to see us slowly control and win.

Although both were close games for IHS, in my gut I knew Ironton would eventually get the W and advance in both!!

Good luck Hornets!
Few of our defensive starters were out but South Range offense is legit. Look at their scores all year. They’ve done it about every game. I knew we’d get tested sooner or later and we did for a while tonight. It was within 1 score multiple times. Happens every year in this region. If they had a really good defense, they’d be hard to beat

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

We have never played Otsego before so this will be a new experience for us. We are 8-0 in state semifinals but that means nothing except we’ve had success in the past. It has no bearing on this game. It will be interesting to see how this game goes and how the teams matchup with each other. LaVerde will have us ready though. The game vs South Range was his 200th game coaching us. His record is 183-17, best all time in Ohio

6O HORN3TS 🐝
OVCFAN83
Waterboy

Post by OVCFAN83 »

Kirtland80 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:25 am We have never played Otsego before so this will be a new experience for us. We are 8-0 in state semifinals but that means nothing except we’ve had success in the past. It has no bearing on this game. It will be interesting to see how this game goes and how the teams matchup with each other. LaVerde will have us ready though. The game vs South Range was his 200th game coaching us. His record is 183-17, best all time in Ohio
Wow! That's an incredible record!

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Kirtland by 2 TD's+

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

OVCFAN83 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:47 am
Kirtland80 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:25 am We have never played Otsego before so this will be a new experience for us. We are 8-0 in state semifinals but that means nothing except we’ve had success in the past. It has no bearing on this game. It will be interesting to see how this game goes and how the teams matchup with each other. LaVerde will have us ready though. The game vs South Range was his 200th game coaching us. His record is 183-17, best all time in Ohio
Wow! That's an incredible record!
It is. LaVerde is awesome! To put it in perspective, we could go 0-10 for 16 full seasons and he’d still have a winning record above .500. He has been our savior here. The kids love him like a dad and want to win for him and he’s the humblest guy in the room. We thank him and his wife everyday. She wanted to move back as close to mayfield as possible and we had an opening for coach and the rest is history. He was coaching in PA at the time

6O HORN3TS 🐝
gobucs20
JV Team

Post by gobucs20 »

I would be very surprised if anyone beats Kirtland this year. I think Iroton has the talent to beat them but they seem to make mistakes get some silly penalties and turn the ball over. But there are a couple of games to be played before that natchup

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

gobucs20 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:10 am I would be very surprised if anyone beats Kirtland this year. I think Iroton has the talent to beat them but they seem to make mistakes get some silly penalties and turn the ball over. But there are a couple of games to be played before that natchup
Gotta play clean football at this point in the season or it will cost you dearly. Maybe they clean those up this game

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Kirtland by a few scores. I wasn’t surprised South Range gave Kirtland a decent game. They did well vs Poland who is usually physical

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:56 am Kirtland by a few scores. I wasn’t surprised South Range gave Kirtland a decent game. They did well vs Poland who is usually physical
They played us hard. I was expecting a game from this region and we got it. Happens every year. We did have a few defensive guys out to make sure they stay healthy but South Range is a really good team. If they had a very good defense, they’d be very difficult to beat. The maxprep guys do their own version of the AP poll and compare it to the actual poll and they had Range ranked even ahead of us all season. Range is a very good team. This was for October 6th
Attachments
0A2C799D-4DC2-4646-AD20-E2CBF753697E.png
Last edited by Kirtland80 on Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Kirtland is the pick. Around 28-7.

Have gun, will travel
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Paladin wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:59 pm Kirtland is the pick. Around 28-7.
You know anything about Otsego? I am not real familiar with them and we have never played them before. The few things I have read over on yappi was they have a stellar RB and that’s all the info I have seen on Otsego

6O HORN3TS 🐝
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Ostego looks very over matched to me

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

MrFirstTake wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:47 pm Ostego looks very over matched to me
I sure hope so but they say the RB has like 886 yards, just in the playoffs

6O HORN3TS 🐝
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Kirtland80 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:52 pm
MrFirstTake wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:47 pm Ostego looks very over matched to me
Oak harbor the team you played in the final 4 last year is a lot better than this team just my opinion though

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

MrFirstTake wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:50 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:52 pm
Oak harbor the team you played in the final 4 last year is a lot better than this team just my opinion though
That oak harbor was pretty good. If their RB does have that many yards, it wasn’t against us and I don’t think it’s a game changer. We are good at shutting them down. I don’t know much about them but I think if we do what we do, we’ll be fine

6O HORN3TS 🐝

Return to “Football”