Private schools recruiting

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Private schools recruiting

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

With so many of you always crying the private schools recruit I am shocked none of you have called the OHSAA to set up A meeting so you can show all of the evidence you have, so that these schools get in trouble. :lol: :oops: :shock:

Frank Reagan
Varsity

Re: Private schools recruiting

Post by Frank Reagan »

OHSAA doesn’t give a hoot about private or public school recruitment. As long as school/AD “verifies” paperwork, it’s all she wrote.

Doing the right thing is rarely easy.
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

In the last few years, I believe at least two public schools have gotten in trouble for recruiting, so they must care, a little.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Private schools are allowed to recruit. Recruit non believers into finding god

It’s one of the funniest loopholes but works. Of course private schools are also allowed to segregate from the poor because Jesus hates poor people.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:44 pm With so many of you always crying the private schools recruit I am shocked none of you have called the OHSAA to set up A meeting so you can show all of the evidence you have, so that these schools get in trouble. :lol: :oops: :shock:
That's a shame such a good poster would open up such a topic and then poke light of it.

While private Catholic schools do pull from multiple school districts using the public school maps, most Catholic high schools have something resembling a district already in their traditional “feeder” parishes. While there’s no rule saying students from a particular Catholic grade school must attend a specific high school, many traditional bonds exist. Female students from St. William parish and school in Price Hill, for example, are more likely to attend Seton High School. In a sense, this gives Catholic schools a loose school district.

Yeah they're on the up and up, :roll:

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Private schools recruit

Public schools recruit. We have 2 right here on the river. Each accuses the other, but neither will accept their own guilt. Coincidentally, those are the two most successful teams in the area. Only comedy in the matter is when one gets knocked out of the basketball or football tournaments by a Private School, and the crying that comes from it (Harvest Prep in Basketball-Mooney in football)

OHSAA has bigger fish to fry, like keeping their head above water financially. Last I was told they won't accept recruiting complaints from the public, only those from Athletic Directors of Member Schools.

As was said if the paperwork aligns, kids will be cleared. To much fear of possible lawsuits. So kids at other member schools who play by the rules will continue to be cheated of an honest opportunity to win a Regional Title. Those kids will be told to work harder, while those other two schools continue to search the area for what they need instead of coaching them up, but at the same time patting their own backs about how great they are.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:57 am Private schools recruit

Public schools recruit. We have 2 right here on the river. Each accuses the other, but neither will accept their own guilt. Coincidentally, those are the two most successful teams in the area. Only comedy in the matter is when one gets knocked out of the basketball or football tournaments by a Private School, and the crying that comes from it (Harvest Prep in Basketball-Mooney in football)

OHSAA has bigger fish to fry, like keeping their head above water financially. Last I was told they won't accept recruiting complaints from the public, only those from Athletic Directors of Member Schools.

As was said if the paperwork aligns, kids will be cleared. To much fear of possible lawsuits. So kids at other member schools who play by the rules will continue to be cheated of an honest opportunity to win a Regional Title. Those kids will be told to work harder, while those other two schools continue to search the area for what they need instead of coaching them up, but at the same time patting their own backs about how great they are.
The thing is every kid that shows up at the 2 schools you mentioned people automatically think they were recruited and thats where the problem lies. And it happens a lot more than the 2 schools that were implied trust me and everybody on this site knows it maybe some schools less than others but...
Last edited by MrFirstTake on Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Private schools can recruit and not get in trouble. Public schools started open enrollment which is used to recruit. If a kid is on a good team and has friends on other teams naturally kids will get together and try to talk each other in to coming. Sometimes it works. Do adults do it? Sure but it’s not allowed but happens all over. I’m a Portsmouth fan and jealous we don’t get transfers lol. I been against open enrollment but since it’s here nothing can be done if a kid moves schools

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I cant remember ever playing a team and saying i wonder what school #4/#6 is really from? I feel like fans complain about this more than the players on the field.

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Do you people realize that 1. The OHSAA DOES NOT HAVE PRIVATE INVESTIGATORS, nor lawyers on staff to deal with this. Every investigation can take up 5 figures or more. So when you complain about ticket prices, here is one reason.

2. All the transfer rules and exceptions, everyone of them, is brought to you by the State Legislature and the courts.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Agree with the thought that not all players that transfer for athletic reasons are the result of recruiting. Parents especially, see players getting scholarships at certain schools, when based on recent history they would've had as good or better opportunity for their child to get a D1 Football Scholarship at Portsmouth East who sent a player to OSU and West Virginia in the last 5 years.

But if you truly believe recruiting isn't happening from Middle School up you are living under a Rock.

Open Enrollment started the problem then actually made it worse because recruiting started earlier to avoid high Competitive Balance Numbers and the 50% of Season sit rule. Now you just transfer, rent an apartment, and you're good

Things will really be bad once Legislation gets passed to allow the money alloted for each child to be transferred from the district they live in to the school of their choice. That's when Pandoras box really opens

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

I think it’s greatly overstated the notion that kids attend private schools for sports, or that what woos them to transferring is motivated primarily by athletics.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:41 pm Of course private schools are also allowed to segregate from the poor because Jesus hates poor people.
Hyperbole aside, this obviously is not correct.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:18 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:41 pm Of course private schools are also allowed to segregate from the poor because Jesus hates poor people.
Hyperbole aside, this obviously not correct.
I think that was just a little "tongue in cheek" moment :lol: :lol:

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Public schools take all of God’s children :mrgreen:

Orestes'
Freshman Team

Post by Orestes' »

MrFirstTake wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:18 am I cant remember ever playing a team and saying i wonder what school #4/#6 is really from? I feel like fans complain about this more than the players on the field.
Thank you.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

MrFirstTake wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:18 am I cant remember ever playing a team and saying i wonder what school #4/#6 is really from? I feel like fans complain about this more than the players on the field.
That's it exactly, players don't care and fans only care when they lose to a team that has players they feel shouldn't be on it.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:35 pm
That's it exactly, players don't care and fans only care when they lose to a team that has players they feel shouldn't be on it.
Sure the players care. If they're competitive they want to win

The State has 7 Divisions for a reason to theoretically separate the talent by size of the school, which has always been the gripe about private as they would have Big School talent with small school numbers.

If we're just gonna turn a blind eye, why have divisions?

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

What if they are a public closed enrollment school with a CB of 0. Do they recruit?

6O HORN3TS 🐝
FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Why worry about bull dung you can't control? Stop making excuses for the kids or do a better job of recruiting. It is pointless rehashing this crap annually and the arguments are old and tiring. Talented teams will overcome obstacles while chest beaters get exposed and whine about recruiting.

Return to “Football”