D5 R19 Finals - Ridgewood 7 Ironton 17

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

D5 R19 Finals - Ridgewood 7 Ironton 17

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

The Generals of West Lafayette travel to Ironton to take on the Fighting Tiger. A rematch from last years Regional Final, looks to be a great game. Thoughts?

Playoffs

Ridgewood 49-7 over Oak Hill
Ridgewood 43-7 over Liberty Union
Ridgewood 13-10 over Wheelersburg

Ironton 49-3 over New Lexington
Ironton 42-0 over Johnstown Monroe
Ironton 21-14 over Harvest Prep
Last edited by ohbuckeye2 on Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Kirtland80
All State

Re: Regional Finals - Ridgewood (9-0) @ Ironton (9-0)

Post by Kirtland80 »

Ironton 28-14

6O HORN3TS 🐝
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Re: Region 19 Finals - Ridgewood (9-0) @ Ironton (9-0)

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Tingle (qb) was injured in 1st qtr for Wood tonight against Burg and just played a few plays during the game. Ironton should have no problem if he's not healthy.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:46 pm Tingle (qb) was injured in 1st qtr for Wood tonight against Burg and just played a few plays during the game. Ironton should have no problem if he's not healthy.
NOT SAYING YOU SAID THIS...

But almost all posters said the same about HARVEST PREPARATORY.

When I saw their videos on YouTube, tenacity of line play, & roster videos of former playing time, I knew it would be a non blow-out!

So glad tigers got a good game under their belt this early in playoffs!
It was like watching Ironton /AshLand in a river battle for Tri-State forever Dominance!

GoTigersGo!!!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Seems like Ridgewoods defense is improved from last season, I was fortunate enough to watch this matchup last year. Ironton was able to run the ball effectively and apply pressure to Tingle for the most part they played well in pass coverage but Ridgewood did miss some plays. I truly hope tingle is healthy, a healthy Tingle and I'll go with Ironton by 7 maybe 14. If Tingle is out or unable to be at 100% look for Ironton to take it 24-0.

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

We know what we’re getting with Ridgewood. Those kids are talented and tough. I hope Tingle is okay, he was a classy player and a joy to watch last year. I hope all the Ridgewood parents and fans have a great trip down next Saturday. My prediction...

Ironton 28
Ridgewood 20

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Ridgewood is better than harvest prep. They are the real deal. Look for a close game. Wood still moved the ball well without preparing with a new QB. Tingle will adapt. This will be a great game.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:33 pm
FANOSPORTS wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:46 pm Tingle (qb) was injured in 1st qtr for Wood tonight against Burg and just played a few plays during the game. Ironton should have no problem if he's not healthy.
NOT SAYING YOU SAID THIS...

But almost all posters said the same about HARVEST PREPARATORY.

When I saw their videos on YouTube, tenacity of line play, & roster videos of former playing time, I knew it would be a non blow-out!

So glad tigers got a good game under their belt this early in playoffs!
It was like watching Ironton /AshLand in a river battle for Tri-State forever Dominance!

GoTigersGo!!!
HP had a LOT of new players this year and as I said in one of the previous posts somewhere , since they've moved up to D5 this year from D7 last year the coaches will make sure they get a couple more athletic kids from Independence, Groveport-Madison, Reynoldsburg, Canal Winchester, Pickerington and Walnut Ridge areas within the next couple years to bolster the roster. All those areas are within a 5 or 10 minute drive of the Church & school. The football team needing many more players took a few more years to get going in the right direction than it took the basketball team years ago.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Taylormade
Freshman Team

Post by Taylormade »

wobycat wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:49 pm Ridgewood is better than harvest prep. They are the real deal. Look for a close game. Wood still moved the ball well without preparing with a new QB. Tingle will adapt. This will be a great game.

There it is folks,Woby the all knowing
I'm gonna say that there is no way Ridgewood is as fast and athletic as H.P.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Taylormade wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:03 am
wobycat wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:49 pm Ridgewood is better than harvest prep. They are the real deal. Look for a close game. Wood still moved the ball well without preparing with a new QB. Tingle will adapt. This will be a great game.

There it is folks,Woby the all knowing
I'm gonna say that there is no way Ridgewood is as fast and athletic as H.P.
Yeah dont believe that either i believe they will execute better and not turn it over as much but as far as speed and athleticism im not sure about that.

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Call me crazy if you want but I don’t think Wood is a good as Prep was. My first time watching Prep but they looked pretty complete to me and hard hitting

6O HORN3TS 🐝
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Kirtland80 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:42 am
Call me crazy if you want but I don’t think Wood is a good as Prep was. My first time watching Prep but they looked pretty complete to me and hard hitting
They are better than prep. Now ironton May get a break in this game as I’ve heard through the grapevine that tingle is out but defensively this ridgewood team is state contender good. Now wood still has some weapons offensively and their back up QB isn’t bad. Laugh all you want but ironton will have their hands full.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:10 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:42 am
They are better than prep. Now ironton May get a break in this game as I’ve heard through the grapevine that tingle is out but defensively this ridgewood team is state contender good. Now wood still has some weapons offensively and their back up QB isn’t bad. Laugh all you want but ironton will have their hands full.
Only time will tell. I’m not sold on Wood and I think Ironton has it easier this week. I’ll be tuning in again. I always have 4-5 games playing at once keeping up with teams

6O HORN3TS 🐝
caliron
Waterboy

Re: D5 R19 Finals - Ridgewood (9-0) @ Ironton (9-0)

Post by caliron »

IMHO turnovers will decide who wins.

PistolPete7
Freshman Team

Post by PistolPete7 »

No idea whose gonna win. But hope Ironton smashes.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I underestimated harvest prep. They were big, fast and hit hard. Last night was a old fashion street fight and hard hits caused turnovers. Watching the 2 streams I think prep is a little better. But once tingle was out I thought burg would take that game. But ridgewood executed really good on defense. This game I think ironton takes it by 10. If tingle is healthy He is a handful. Ironton is on a mission and will move on to next week

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

PistolPete7 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:55 pm No idea whose gonna win. But hope Ironton smashes.
Well I keep up with all teams. I called 5 games this past week and got 4 out of 5 within 7 points of the actual final. I had CW-Burg 42-14 final was 42-7, I had Bacon-Versailles 28-24 final was 31-28, I had NB-FL 17-10 final was 16-8, I had Otsego-Glandorf 21-10 final was 21-6. Only one I was a little off on was Kirtland-Garaway. Had that 35-14 and it was 43-6 so I was off 8 points both ways. Not saying I haven’t been wrong before but I see no reason Ironton has a harder game here than this past week. 28-14 Ironton
Last edited by Kirtland80 on Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

I hadn’t kept up with Prep but I’m fairly certain that had roles been reversed last night, Ironton would have beaten Burg by more than a score of 13-10 and I’m not so sure that Wood would have beaten Prep

6O HORN3TS 🐝
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Kirtland80 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:03 pm I hadn’t kept up with Prep but I’m fairly certain that had roles been reversed last night, Ironton would have beaten Burg by more than a score of 13-10 and I’m not so sure that Wood would have beaten Prep
I keep laughing at these posts. Ridgewood is better than prep. Way better defensively for sure. The offense now is going to look different with tingle out but you wonder why tingle was so good? His line is good and their skilled kids are good too.

You could tell right away when tingle went out, the playbook went out the window for the general coaches which slowed them down. In the second half, when it got tight, they took a chance on their back up making a play and he did. Tingle came back in and made a great play too.

ridgewood isn’t great because of solely because of tingle, it’s because they are great defensively. When you’re that good defensively, you can open up your playbook.

I think ironton can win but this will be another battle. What will help ironton is they can stop the run really well which ridgewood is gonna have to become creative and have to scheme around tingles absence. The other thing that hurts ridgewood is their kicking game. It’s not good at all, ironton will work with good field position.

I’ll take ironton 17-14, but it won’t be easy for the tigers

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:22 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:03 pm I hadn’t kept up with Prep but I’m fairly certain that had roles been reversed last night, Ironton would have beaten Burg by more than a score of 13-10 and I’m not so sure that Wood would have beaten Prep
I keep laughing at these posts. Ridgewood is better than prep. Way better defensively for sure. The offense now is going to look different with tingle out but you wonder why tingle was so good? His line is good and their skilled kids are good too.

You could tell right away when tingle went out, the playbook went out the window for the general coaches which slowed them down. In the second half, when it got tight, they took a chance on their back up making a play and he did. Tingle came back in and made a great play too.

ridgewood isn’t great because of solely because of tingle, it’s because they are great defensively. When you’re that good defensively, you can open up your playbook.

I think ironton can win but this will be another battle. What will help ironton is they can stop the run really well which ridgewood is gonna have to become creative and have to scheme around tingles absence. The other thing that hurts ridgewood is their kicking game. It’s not good at all, ironton will work with good field position.

I’ll take ironton 17-14, but it won’t be easy for the tigers
Laugh away. Your laughter is still not going to sell me on Wood. I’m very familiar with Wood but I wasn’t Prep. Maybe Prep played a 1 in 100 game that they usually don’t play. Idk but based on last nights performance, Prep definitely looked like the better team. That may be up for debate but Ironton would have definitely beat Burg by more than a score of 13-10

6O HORN3TS 🐝

Return to “Football”