SEOPS HOF

8-0 Sheridan at 5-3 Bishop Hartley

Post by Raider6309 »

Thoughts?

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Re: 8-0 Sheridan at 5-3 Bishop Hartley

Post by FANOSPORTS »

The "Children of the Corn" had another great year but the Southeast All-stars take care of business @ home as they await a DeSales, part 3 matchup next week for the region.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

Post by sapientia et veritas »

Great matchup. Sheridan has the physicality and speed to hang with Hartley. Should be a good one. Keys to the game is no turnovers and stopping the rushers on first contact. Sheridan is built a lot like the DeSales team that beat Hartley twice.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I think it will be closer than some think. I think it stays within 5 points either direction.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Hartley

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Hoping Generals can take it but Hartley will probably pull it out.

sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

Go Hawks!

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

10-6
Hartley
In the 3rd

Bird-Of-Prey
Waterboy

Post by Bird-Of-Prey »

The halftime score was the final score 10-6. It sounded like a tough game but Hartley held the ball for the last 8 minutes to hold them off.

sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

Sheridan trying to injure Hawks players in victory formation. Have some class. Good physical team, evenly matched. But work on the sportsmanship for next year.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Sheridan losing 20 seniors this year but They'll be back in playoffs every year with expansion to 12 teams from here on out. Well, here we go, part 3 DeSales-Hartley.

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

When I hear Hartley, DeSales, Watterson, the word class really does not pop into my head. My opinion of the schools of privilege has not changed throughout my lifetime and likely won't ever. I'm not a Sheridan fan, but certainly pulled for them to win. (But would never want to see a player intentionally try to hurt another player)

Congrats to Sheridan on a strong season. Was hoping another MVL school could beat a big boy CCL team in the playoffs. Tough to beat the Cruitin' Catholic League.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

teach1coach2 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:24 pm When I hear Hartley, DeSales, Watterson, the word class really does not pop into my head. My opinion of the schools of privilege has not changed throughout my lifetime and likely won't ever. I'm not a Sheridan fan, but certainly pulled for them to win. (But would never want to see a player intentionally try to hurt another player)

Congrats to Sheridan on a strong season. Was hoping another MVL school could beat a big boy CCL team in the playoffs. Tough to beat the Cruitin' Catholic League.
The problem is that the "big boy" Catholic schools size wise (D1-2) are all in Cleveland and Cincy. That leaves the SEO teams and other rural area teams playing the mid-size Catholics from the Central Ohio area in the regionals.......and even if you make it past the regionals they run into a Toledo Central Catholic (ala Athens) or ASVSM, Benedictine, Lake Catholic (ala Ironton) or Mooney (ala Sheridan). The smaller divisions have been even worse over the years. It's a no win situation 80% of the time but the publics gotta keep competing.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:13 am
teach1coach2 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:24 pm When I hear Hartley, DeSales, Watterson, the word class really does not pop into my head. My opinion of the schools of privilege has not changed throughout my lifetime and likely won't ever. I'm not a Sheridan fan, but certainly pulled for them to win. (But would never want to see a player intentionally try to hurt another player)

The problem is that the "big boy" Catholic schools size wise (D1-2) are all in Cleveland and Cincy. That leaves the SEO teams and other rural area teams playing the mid-size Catholics from the Central Ohio area in the regionals.......and even if you make it past the regionals they run into a Toledo Central Catholic (ala Athens) or ASVSM, Benedictine, Lake Catholic (ala Ironton) or Mooney (ala Sheridan). The smaller divisions have been even worse over the years. It's a no win situation 80% of the time but the publics gotta keep competing.
Public’s had there chance several years ago and decided they wanted to keep playing.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Pol pot wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:52 am

Public’s had there chance several years ago and decided they wanted to keep playing.
Yes they did. It was not a big enough problem in their eyes thus, play ball :D

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

I live in the land of Rosecrans and Newark Catholic so the St. Ed's and St. X's are not in the world view for me.

Concerning the vote to separate publics and privates about a decade ago, the principal at my school graduated from and his children attended catholic school. We had a good relationship and in a discussion he let me know he was voting against it and I let him know that he should be voting for what was best and fair for the school district, not his personal situation. I know the coaches in the building were for separating the tourneys.

Two divisions for privates and publics with a CB number above some set amount. Five divisions for publics.

I'm not losing any sleep over it. It was enjoyable in 2017 watching Tri-Valley beat Hartley and St.V St.M before falling short to Trotwood (public). Saw a video clip last week where Hartley coach was still crying about a call in that Tri-Valley game.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

teach1coach2 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:27 pm I live in the land of Rosecrans and Newark Catholic so the St. Ed's and St. X's are not in the world view for me.

Concerning the vote to separate publics and privates about a decade ago, the principal at my school graduated from and his children attended catholic school. We had a good relationship and in a discussion he let me know he was voting against it and I let him know that he should be voting for what was best and fair for the school district, not his personal situation. I know the coaches in the building were for separating the tourneys.

Two divisions for privates and publics with a CB number above some set amount. Five divisions for publics.

I'm not losing any sleep over it. It was enjoyable in 2017 watching Tri-Valley beat Hartley and St.V St.M before falling short to Trotwood (public). Saw a video clip last week where Hartley coach was still crying about a call in that Tri-Valley game.
Public outnumbers privates 6 to 1.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

teach1coach2 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:27 pm I live in the land of Rosecrans and Newark Catholic so the St. Ed's and St. X's are not in the world view for me.

I understand completely as I grew up and lived in SEO for half my life and then movied to C-bus 31 years ago and became friends with and travelled to many games over the years in both reg. season and playoffs with many Newark Catholic, Wehrle, St. Charles, Ready, DeSales, Watterson and Hartley alumni, co-workers, parents, etc.. The biggest difference I see overall is the discipline, teamwork and cohesiveness these teams play with yearly and contrary to popular belief most of the families I know have 3 or 4 generations of family that went to these schools and others have lineage back to the old Aquinas or St. Mary's high schools from decades ago. They are communities within themselves.
Last edited by FANOSPORTS on Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:55 am
Pol pot wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:52 am

Yes they did. It was not a big enough problem in their eyes thus, play ball :D
It’s not in the publics’ interest to have separate tourneys.
teach1coach2 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:27 pmTwo divisions for privates and publics with a CB number above some set amount. Five divisions for publics.
If they were separate, then there would probably be a 5 v 3 or 4 v 4 divisional breakdown of publics and privates.

Return to “Football”