RD: 4 - Harvest Prep 14 Ironton 21

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

RD: 4 - Harvest Prep 14 Ironton 21

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

The Warriors of Harvest Prep travel to Ironton to take on the Fighting Tigers in the Regional Semi Finals, thoughts?

Playoffs

Harvest Prep 41-8 over Piketon (3-4)
Harvest Prep 20-17 over Columbus Academy (6-2)

Ironton 49-3 over New Lexington (4-4)
Ironton 42-0 over Johnstown Monroe (6-3)

CALPREPS

Ironton ------- 38
Harvest Prep - 19
Last edited by ohbuckeye2 on Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Re: RD: 4 - Harvest Prep (7-1) @ Ironton (8-0)

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Tigahs by 30

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

CANAL WINCHESTER..hmmmm
Sounds like a blast from the past.

HARVEST PREP....
not sure of what that means.

Is this a merge of two smaller towns into 1-school for financial reasons. Is it a new school?

If anyone knows. Please share info.

#GoTgo

Stan Smith
Freshman Team

Post by Stan Smith »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:01 am CANAL WINCHESTER..hmmmm

HARVEST PREP....

Is this a merge of two smaller towns into 1-school for financial reasons. Is it a new school?

#GoTgo
Parochial school I believe
Waterford played them last year in DVII
They've bounced Waterford in a couple different sports before competitive balance

Stan Smith
Freshman Team

Post by Stan Smith »

Stan Smith wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:09 am

HARVEST PREP....

#GoTgo
They've bounced Waterford in a couple different sports before competitive balance
They also bring a ton of fans.
Well, about 6

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

Harvest Prep Basketball is what they’re most known for around here, knocking off the burg in the convo ‘18 and ‘19

gobucs20
JV Team

Post by gobucs20 »

Harvest prep is a private Christian school that is ran by world harvest church on gender road on the South East Side of Columbus. Look up pastor rod parsley will tell you all you need to know. Their teams in the past are always blazing fast. But not very physical or discipline. Just take care of the ball no silly penalties and move on to the regional finals

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Stan Smith wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:12 am
Stan Smith wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:09 am

HARVEST PREP....

#GoTgo
They also bring a ton of fans.
Well, about 6
Dear harvest prep fans I’ll take a couple tickets if you don’t use them lol. I just want to go to a playoff game

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

gobucs20 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:38 am Harvest prep is a private Christian school that is ran by world harvest church on gender road on the South East Side of Columbus. Look up pastor rod parsley will tell you all you need to know. Their teams in the past are always blazing fast. But not very physical or discipline. Just take care of the ball no silly penalties and move on to the regional finals
That dude has a full Wikipedia page lol, the churches are massive and oh yeah a net worth of 2.5 million as of 2020. I got bored and looked

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Yep. Kids tuition is paid by “sponsors”. Typical private school. Can bring in anyone they want to play for them.

Don’t see Ironton having any problem with this game.

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Post by BeastOfTheSoutheast »

I’ll take Ironton in a hard hittin, helmet splittin, good ole fashion good one. All pain endured by Ironton of course. Ironton big 42-16. The city folk go home praying they don’t draw the Tigers again next year.

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

HARVEST PREP....

#GoTgo
Harvest Prep is a private Christian school that is located in Canal Winchester. Formerly known as World Harvest Prep, the school is the offspring of Rod Parsley's World Harvest Church. Better known as a basketball power..

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Reid and the boys are hungry for Canton. Up next. A Warrior

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Athletic team that probably will break a couple of scores off but I can’t see ironton losing this one.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Every decent team they played against held them to 20 or less. Ironton has given uo 40 points all season i dont see this team scoring twice on Ironton unless they get a score late on the 2nd team. Ironton is way to physical upfront for HP i believe it will look a lot like this week vs JM

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Seeing some comments that I want to address/clarify on HP...

World Harvest Church is one of the most notable megachurches in Ohio, with practice in the pentecostal tradition. They have two educational ministries: Valor Christian College and, more notably, Harvest Preparatory School. If anyone familiar with the Cincinnati area knows the Solid Rock Church (the "Touchdown Jesus" statue along I-75 in Monroe), WHC is larger than that. Situated on the furthest east edge possible of Columbus, the school primarily draws from its massive congregation but the admissions office doors are open to anyone interested in attending.

Next point, the bottom quote relates to
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:44 am Yep. Kids tuition is paid by “sponsors”. Typical private school. Can bring in anyone they want to play for them.
HP's tuition from the start is really low. And what enables many kids to attend is the EdChoice scholarship program, which is the state's guaranteed funding of kids' private school tuition. Some of you know EdChoice better as the mechanism enabling more students to attend Notre Dame Schools than otherwise possible if their parents were expected to pay full tuition.

Vast majority of HP kids are in the Columbus, Groveport-Madison districts with an occasional few from the Whitehall-Yearling district. And I feel comfortable in saying kids who attend HP do so because of the school's environment. Sports is a plus, but HP kids are there for all of the "right" reasons. If everyone reading this had the choice between sending their kid to Columbus Independence or Harvest Prep, they would be sending them to HP. Secure, faith-centered environment. You look at HP's football team and you see kids that everyday stay above, which is commendable.

I reject the idea that they're a "typical private school." They're just the only one where people's projections and beliefs about private schools actually come to truth.

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

a private school coach once told me “I got players and I got payers.” I knew exactly what he meant

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

formerfcfan wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:30 pm Seeing some comments that I want to address/clarify on HP...

World Harvest Church is one of the most notable megachurches in Ohio, with practice in the pentecostal tradition. They have two educational ministries: Valor Christian College and, more notably, Harvest Preparatory School. If anyone familiar with the Cincinnati area knows the Solid Rock Church (the "Touchdown Jesus" statue along I-75 in Monroe), WHC is larger than that. Situated on the furthest east edge possible of Columbus, the school primarily draws from its massive congregation but the admissions office doors are open to anyone interested in attending.

Next point, the bottom quote relates to
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:44 am Yep. Kids tuition is paid by “sponsors”. Typical private school. Can bring in anyone they want to play for them.
HP's tuition from the start is really low. And what enables many kids to attend is the EdChoice scholarship program, which is the state's guaranteed funding of kids' private school tuition. Some of you know EdChoice better as the mechanism enabling more students to attend Notre Dame Schools than otherwise possible if their parents were expected to pay full tuition.

Vast majority of HP kids are in the Columbus, Groveport-Madison districts with an occasional few from the Whitehall-Yearling district. And I feel comfortable in saying kids who attend HP do so because of the school's environment. Sports is a plus, but HP kids are there for all of the "right" reasons. If everyone reading this had the choice between sending their kid to Columbus Independence or Harvest Prep, they would be sending them to HP. Secure, faith-centered environment. You look at HP's football team and you see kids that everyday stay above, which is commendable.

I reject the idea that they're a "typical private school." They're just the only one where people's projections and beliefs about private schools actually come to truth.
Good post, very informative.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Trimble steam rolled the team that beat Harvest Prep. Ironton should win big

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:00 pm Trimble steam rolled the team that beat Harvest Prep. Ironton should win big
Harvest Prep lost to Columbus Academy in week 2 and came back and beat Columbus Academy on Saturday night. I do not remember Trimble playing and beating Columbus Academy.

Return to “Football”