RD 3: Ready at Burg

wobycat
SEOPS

RD 3: Ready at Burg

Post by wobycat »

Ready coming into burg with a quality team. Thoughts on this one?

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Re: RD 3: Ready at Burg

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Ready is much better this year than the last time they came to Wheelersburg in the first round of Burgs championship year. Burg came out with a 34-0 victory in that one. Ready has a lot of speed and some horses up front. This will be a test for the Pirates but winnable as long as they play to their ability.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Cal Preps:

Burg 28
Ready 14

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Time for the dogg to strike up the band. 1.. 2.. 3..

We are the Pirates BOLD from Wheelersburg.
We are the Orange and the Black.
We're gonna fight for dear ole Wheelersburg
and our foes will never, ever fight us back.
And pretty soon we'll start that score to roll.
We're gonna put that ball right in the goal.
We're gonna win this game for Wheelersburg, Wheelersburg, rah, rah, rAAaaAh !
FIGHT!!!!

GO BURG!!

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

I think we are improving every week more so than what you typically see during the progress of a season. Home game, we match up well athletically and physically to Ready, I think we are 10-17 points better.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I’ll take the Burg

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Abe Froman wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:56 pm I think we are improving every week more so than what you typically see during the progress of a season. Home game, we match up well athletically and physically to Ready, I think we are 10-17 points better.
The sophomore depth helps this team.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

The only thing notable about Ready is the coach who faced Burg (Brian Cross, of McKinley and Grove City fame) in 2017 is no longer there. Their current coach, Joel Cutler, is the coach previous to Cross who led Ready in 2012 and 2013.

It would be the opinion of some that he’s a better game-planner than Cross, but this is his first time facing the machine that is Burg.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

formerfcfan wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:50 pm The only thing notable about Ready is the coach who faced Burg (Brian Cross, of McKinley and Grove City fame) in 2017 is no longer there. Their current coach, Joel Cutler, is the coach previous to Cross who led Ready in 2012 and 2013.

It would be the opinion of some that he’s a better game-planner than Cross, but this is his first time facing the machine that is Burg.
I’ve watched a couple of ready games online. They are very good. Burg can’t have an off game or turn it over.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

wobycat wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:57 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:50 pm The only thing notable about Ready is the coach who faced Burg (Brian Cross, of McKinley and Grove City fame) in 2017 is no longer there. Their current coach, Joel Cutler, is the coach previous to Cross who led Ready in 2012 and 2013.

I’ve watched a couple of ready games online. They are very good. Burg can’t have an off game or turn it over.
Said it earlier this year, and I’m confident saying it again: Region 19 1-8 is very strong this year. Ironton and Ridgewood are definitely cream of the crop, with Burg not too far behind — but the MSL-Ohio contingency (HP, CA, LU, Ready) and Johnstown are all pretty solid. I would argue those four plus Burg would contend for the title in Region 20 (Roger Bacon’s region.) This is a deep region.

bfry
JV Team

Post by bfry »

I was really impressed with how sound Ready was. Watching them up front, you could tell they were well coached. Used their hands and flowed defensively. Offensively, they have some nice weapons and the qb is a good athlete who throws pretty well. They were disciplined too. I think they only had one false start last night. I think, (and this is total conjecture) if Wheelersburg doesn’t turn it over, they’ll be fine. If they do, it could be a dogfight.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

It's gonna be a battle I think

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg needs to just come out and get up on Ready quick. Take them out of there flow.

Lattimore needs to get more touches. He is an absolute beast when he gets the ball. I’ve never seen anyone with his size be as fast as he is. On his two TD runs he just flat out left the defense in his tracks.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:55 pm Burg needs to just come out and get up on Ready quick. Take them out of there flow.

Lattimore needs to get more touches. He is an absolute beast when he gets the ball. I’ve never seen anyone with his size be as fast as he is. On his two TD runs he just flat out left the defense in his tracks.
He’s scary to only be a sophomore. He’s gonna be fun to watch th e next two yrs

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Good luck to the pirates represent the SOC II.
Also lattimore is a stud can’t wait to see him develop

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

A Burg backfield of Lattimore/Sanderlin could be scary next 2 seasons! As for this game, Ready looked pretty good from the portions of game I watched last night. But so did Burg and they playing at home. Burg wins 31-17.*

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

If Burg will be Burg.....the catholic boys won’t like the trip back up 23......

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

Just like most games this game will be won and lost up front. You can have all the talent in the world but if you don’t get it done up
front on the line of scrimmage, it doesn’t matter. With potential rain game in the forecast, who runs it better? I’ll take Wheelersburg to
win this one 28-20.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

art_vandelay wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:33 pm A Burg backfield of Lattimore/Sanderlin could be scary next 2 seasons! As for this game, Ready looked pretty good from the portions of game I watched last night. But so did Burg and they playing at home. Burg wins 31-17.*
It’s def gonna be fun

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

I like the Pirates at home 28-14. And you’re right...that backfield will be scary the next couple years. Lattimore is an impressive player and the Pirates are always well-coached. Go SOC!

Return to “Football”