RD 2 : Tri Valley (6-1) @ Jackson (5-1)

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

RD 2 : Tri Valley (6-1) @ Jackson (5-1)

Post by EasternDspy »

Should be a good one.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: RD 2 : Tri Valley (6-1) @ Jackson (5-1)

Post by Raider6309 »

Tough draw for Jackson. Get a good TV team as the game before the old playoffs. Winner gets Hartley :shock:

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Yeah I think this one is a tough draw for Jackson but just looking at the schedules neither of these teams beat a team with a winning record. I think this game could go either way but I'm going to take Jackson at home by a score.

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

This might be a win-win situation for both teams. Winner gets a big win against a true playoff caliber team. Loser does not have to take the likely beating that Hartley could inflict.

Tri-Valley is playing it's best football right now. A senior-laden team. Pretty sure if a normal season had occurred they would be 9-1. Sheridan was and is better than Tri-Valley.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

I wanna challenge both teams players/coaches to work EXTRA HARD at staying healthy. You kids are dealing with something no other high school football team has ever had to cope with. Make sure you do the right thing. Socially distance. Wash your hands. Wear a mask. Do all you can to ensure that you AND your teammates stay healthy and can play this game. Hard situation for what Chillicothe just went through. It can happen !! Stay safe !!

As for the game. Storied programs lockin horns under the lights of Friday inside the nicest Staduim SEO has to offer. Both teams have weapons. Both can go as far as their play will allow. Who wins the LOS , the turnover game, and EXACUTES wins this one.

Games like these are what you play football for at Jackson and Tri-Valley.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
buckeye678
Waterboy

Post by buckeye678 »

My mind says tri valley but my heart says Jackson. I just feel the only game the Ironmen were tested in this year, they kind of froze. Hopefully the bye week helped them out

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

greygoose wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:38 am Yeah I think this one is a tough draw for Jackson but just looking at the schedules neither of these teams beat a team with a winning record. I think this game could go either way but I'm going to take Jackson at home by a score.
Part of the reason that Tri-Valley does not have a win against a team with a winning record is the balance at the bottom of the big school division of the MVL. Sheridan won all games, TV beat all league foes except Sheridan, and John Glenn lost to only those two in division play. As for the other teams, Philo beat River View, River View beat Maysville, and Maysville beat Philo. (John Glenn lost to an undefeated Meadowbrook team in cross division play while the big schools won the other 5 match ups.)

After tonight, John Glenn will have a winning record.

My prediction is Tri-Valley 35 and Jackson 21. Tough to make any kind of a prediction with no non-league games for most schools this year.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

I would like to see Jackson win but I think the Scotties with their MVL competition win by 14.
(A Livingston and Zettler trip next week against a 4-3 Hartley team would be a long night ).

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson has something to prove IMO. Chillicothe punched them in the face and now they need to bounce back up and get it done. Be disciplined and make plays. This is not the Tri Valley of years past but they have great tradition, senior laden and I guarantee they EXPECT to leave Jackson with a win.

Jackson play makers need to make plays and some extra grit might be needed to win this game and move on.

Jackson 34
Tri Valley 28

toldya
Freshman Team

Post by toldya »

Interesting game for the FAC. Most people believe the league was woefully weak. If the second place FAC can beat a highly respected MVL team it will be quite a statement.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

toldya wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:20 pm Interesting game for the FAC. Most people believe the league was woefully weak. If the second place FAC can beat a highly respected MVL team it will be quite a statement.
Lol no it won’t

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:20 pm Jackson has something to prove IMO. Chillicothe punched them in the face and now they need to bounce back up and get it done. Be disciplined and make plays. This is not the Tri Valley of years past but they have great tradition, senior laden and I guarantee they EXPECT to leave Jackson with a win.

Jackson play makers need to make plays and some extra grit might be needed to win this game and move on.

Jackson 34
Tri Valley 28

They have a lot to come out and prove......

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

If Jackson plays like I watched them against Chillicothe then they might lose by 35. If Tri Valley plays good at all they’ll win by 14+

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Vik wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:52 pm If Jackson plays like I watched them against Chillicothe then they might lose by 35. If Tri Valley plays good at all they’ll win by 14+
I think if both teams play well it’s tight...whoever makes the big play late will win.

Jackson has to hold suit at home...no excuses. I think the big guys will step up big.

Jackson moves on

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Jackson has all kinds of talent at the skill positions, but to beat Tri-Valley, they need to win the battle on the line of scrimmage. Jackson needs to be physical. They need to be able to run the football, and stop the run. Jackson's program has been built on toughness, not finesse. Time to get tough.

The FAC title and a perfect regular season slipped through Jackson's fingers when they blew a 20-7 lead going to the 4thQ against Chilli. Can they redeem themselves? I think they will rebound and play well.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Blake Sands and Jordan Pantelo is one hell of a Rb combo.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Vik wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:52 pm If Jackson plays like I watched them against Chillicothe then they might lose by 35. If Tri Valley plays good at all they’ll win by 14+

So, You are saying no matter how well Jackson plays...
.That all Tri-Valley has to do is put a mediocre effort out and they beat the Ironmen on their home field by 14+???

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

countywide35 wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:22 pm

So, You are saying no matter how well Jackson plays...
.That all Tri-Valley has to do is put a mediocre effort out and they beat the Ironmen on their home field by 14+???
I guess I didn’t really mean to come off that strong but as I consider it, I really doubt Jackson wins this game. Sorry

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Looking for a Jackson upset special here

Jackson Football
Freshman Team

Post by Jackson Football »

The 2020 Ironmen had a lot of hype coming in to the season. They rolled through first 5 games , albeit playing very soft competition. No disrespect to Chillicothe, but I thought Jackson was the better football team , however give Chillicothe credit , they came in ready to compete. They weren’t intimidated by Jackson and as the game went on Chillicothe seemed to want the win more than Jackson. Most of the time when Jackson is up 20-7 late in a football gme it’s all but over. That’s when Jackson lines up in the full house formation and pounds it down your throat. The FAC is better when Chillicothe is good , that definitely rekindled a good Jackson / Chillicothe rivalry.

As far as Tri Valley , Jackson is a proud program and will be fired up to defend Alumni stadium. I look for this game to be very close.

Return to “Football”