This is ALL crazy !!!!!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

This is ALL crazy !!!!!

Post by FANOSPORTS »

It was bad enough that teams had shortened seasons & could opt in or out of the playoffs, regardless of record and number of games played, especially teams with terrible records for quite a few that opted in. Then, with that happening the top teams in each region get byes with some acquiring games during the bye week and others just practicing for 2 weeks between games while the also rans play each other. Now, we have teams forfeiting that opted in deciding to not play because of covid, travel, etc. combined with the year long voucher & attendance % procedures, visiting bands not allowed, tv programming & media accessibility etc.. I hope OHSAA figures out another game plan by basketball season. (2021 can't get here quick enough !!!!!) :(

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
ACCBiggz
JV Team

Re: This is ALL crazy !!!!!

Post by ACCBiggz »

This was, honestly, the best solution. I'm not sure what other expectations you had. There's very little the OHSAA and schools can control, and it's a day-by-day situation which leads to last-minute decisions like game cancellations and new opponents. I really think this was the best solution in a year where you were never going to have something stable.

They gave every school a fair chance at a season and a post-season berth. The formatting is based on number of teams which, naturally, gave the top-seeded schools a bye which they deserve.

I'm sorry, I just don't get the complaining here.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Covington is picking up Ansonia during their bye week. The game is slated for Friday night.
I was hoping more teams would pick up games, with some being on Thursday and/or Saturday afternoon.

PistolPete7
Freshman Team

Post by PistolPete7 »

I find it absolutely fascinating that there are people out there that actually believe in this covid hoax. If people would just spent 5 minutes. And do some rudimentary research, they would see. But they won't. They consume all the BS that their TV and Facegram or whatever the hell that thing is that everyone's lives are revolved around is called. We're living in some sad times. And it's nobody's fault but our own.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

PistolPete7 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:44 pm I find it absolutely fascinating that there are people out there that actually believe in this covid hoax. If people would just spent 5 minutes. And do some rudimentary research, they would see. But they won't. They consume all the BS that their TV and Facegram or whatever the hell that thing is that everyone's lives are revolved around is called. We're living in some sad times. And it's nobody's fault but our own.
I'll second that motion. (Individual accountability , personal responsibility and common sense are a thing of the past. It seems like the "HERD" mentality is the new normal).

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

PistolPete7 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:44 pm I find it absolutely fascinating that there are people out there that actually believe in this covid hoax. If people would just spent 5 minutes. And do some rudimentary research, they would see. But they won't. They consume all the BS that their TV and Facegram or whatever the hell that thing is that everyone's lives are revolved around is called. We're living in some sad times. And it's nobody's fault but our own.
Absolutely.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Covid is not a hoax but it’s being kicked around like a can of corn. No one has been told the truth since day one because no one actually knows anything about it. I mean I’ve never heard of someone coming home from the doctors office and saying to their spouse by the way, I tested positive for flu A.
“Really? How do you feel?”
I feel fine!

nice guy
Varsity

Post by nice guy »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:19 pm It was bad enough that teams had shortened seasons & could opt in or out of the playoffs, regardless of record and number of games played, especially teams with terrible records for quite a few that opted in. Then, with that happening the top teams in each region get byes with some acquiring games during the bye week and others just practicing for 2 weeks between games while the also rans play each other. Now, we have teams forfeiting that opted in deciding to not play because of covid, travel, etc. combined with the year long voucher & attendance % procedures, visiting bands not allowed, tv programming & media accessibility etc.. I hope OHSAA figures out another game plan by basketball season. (2021 can't get here quick enough !!!!!) :(
Football should count their self lucky. Spring sports did not get to play at all. :|

EvilPaladin
Waterboy

Post by EvilPaladin »

I couldnt have written it better myself

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

nice guy wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:46 pm
FANOSPORTS wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:19 pm It was bad enough that teams had shortened seasons & could opt in or out of the playoffs, regardless of record and number of games played, especially teams with terrible records for quite a few that opted in. Then, with that happening the top teams in each region get byes with some acquiring games during the bye week and others just practicing for 2 weeks between games while the also rans play each other. Now, we have teams forfeiting that opted in deciding to not play because of covid, travel, etc. combined with the year long voucher & attendance % procedures, visiting bands not allowed, tv programming & media accessibility etc.. I hope OHSAA figures out another game plan by basketball season. (2021 can't get here quick enough !!!!!) :(
Football should count their self lucky. Spring sports did not get to play at all. :|
I really feel bad for the Seniors in these sports.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

nice guy wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:46 pm Football should count their self lucky. Spring sports did not get to play at all. :|
Yeah or the winter sports. Imagine being Fort Frye girls. Get to state and then the season is canceled. Was hoping to see Athens make a state run in baseball but COVID won

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Will Scioto County schools be able to play if the county goes to purple on the state color chart?

nice guy
Varsity

Post by nice guy »

CDC new stats:
.13% mortality rate in the world for covid
.11% mortality rate in the world for seasonal flu.

Enough said. The overreaction continues.
Last edited by nice guy on Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

mikepike wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:12 am Will Scioto County schools be able to play if the county goes to purple on the state color chart?
I don't think we would go to purple, but I see nothing in the health department directives that addresses this, so I would say it would not affect any games on that fact alone. But, you are seeing some communities where the spread is the worse dropping out of the playoffs on their own.

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

You know what is CRAZY ?? The STATE charging $12.00 for a first round playoff game. So a family of 4 it would cost over $50 to watch your son play!! WOW!! I guess they are going to recoup that money as quick as possible!!!

So if you get 400 fans X 12 ( plus fees) that will be $4800 to the STATE. Let's say you increase the attendance to 30% capacity, Average fan base would be about 600 fans X $8.00 tickets you would still be at $4800. More people for the same price! Yes I know Health regulations for a virus that kills 1 in 1000 people , median age for death is 78 but Come on MAN!

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

4thgoal wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:03 pm
mikepike wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:12 am Will Scioto County schools be able to play if the county goes to purple on the state color chart?
I don't think we would go to purple, but I see nothing in the health department directives that addresses this, so I would say it would not affect any games on that fact alone. But, you are seeing some communities where the spread is the worse dropping out of the playoffs on their own.
I was told yesterday that Scioto County had over 30 new positives yesterday alone! And that, in a discussion with the Governor's office for guidance, was told there was no guidance! If Scioto Co. does go to purple, people are going to have to make some tough decisions.

nice guy
Varsity

Post by nice guy »

baseball16 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:39 pm You know what is CRAZY ?? The STATE charging $12.00 for a first round playoff game. So a family of 4 it would cost over $50 to watch your son play!! WOW!! I guess they are going to recoup that money as quick as possible!!!

So if you get 400 fans X 12 ( plus fees) that will be $4800 to the STATE. Let's say you increase the attendance to 30% capacity, Average fan base would be about 600 fans X $8.00 tickets you would still be at $4800. More people for the same price! Yes I know Health regulations for a virus that kills 1 in 1000 people , median age for death is 78 but Come on MAN!
Nothing should have been restricted or locked down since March. Overreaction.
Cancelled the Basketball state tournaments and then all spring sports. Football get restricted to 6 games and 15% of fans while volleyball and soccer play all of their games. NOTHING should have been cancelled or restricted at all.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

mikepike wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:47 pm
I was told yesterday that Scioto County had over 30 new positives yesterday alone! And that, in a discussion with the Governor's office for guidance, was told there was no guidance! If Scioto Co. does go to purple, people are going to have to make some tough decisions.
30 cases because of football? Why are we increasing. We’ve had a mask mandate for two months now

Tiger78
Waterboy

Post by Tiger78 »

wobycat wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:01 pm

30 cases because of football? Why are we increasing. We’ve had a mask mandate for two months now
A mask mandates and social distancing requirements are
useless if folks don't follow the order. It's nothing but selfishness

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Tiger78 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:31 pm
wobycat wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:01 pm

A mask mandates and social distancing requirements are
useless if folks don't follow the order. It's nothing but selfishness
Some can’t follow the order has it’s detrimental to their health. So selfishness may be a broad stroke there. Further more most people have been wearing a mask, more than people who aren’t so the cases shouldn’t be on the rise at least considering that fact.

Return to “Football”