2020 Chillicothe 30 - 27 Jackson

countywide35
SEOP

2020 Chillicothe 30 - 27 Jackson

Post by countywide35 »

Thoughts on a familiar matchup for the FAC Crown

Jackson with a ton of momentum headed into this.

Chillicothe with a win over MT.

Should be a good one as Jackson’s opponents will be much much better from here on out.

35-14
Jackson outright FAC Champs.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Wk 6 FAC Championship - Jackson @ Chillicothe 10/02/2020

Post by Ironman92 »

MT was without LeBeau and Gilmore....from what I watched their two best players

Jackson by 28

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Another half game for Jackson

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

I didn't realize they were having a championship game, I thought the FAC voted Jackson would win given the scores. Jackson with another big win in this one. It'll be interesting how the coaches poll Jackson come playoff time as they've had zero signature wins in a bad conference.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

greygoose wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:32 pm I didn't realize they were having a championship game, I thought the FAC voted Jackson would win given the scores. Jackson with another big win in this one. It'll be interesting how the coaches poll Jackson come playoff time as they've had zero signature wins in a bad conference.
Hope they vote us bad....we’ll insert the necessary chip

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:36 pm
greygoose wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:32 pm I didn't realize they were having a championship game, I thought the FAC voted Jackson would win given the scores. Jackson with another big win in this one. It'll be interesting how the coaches poll Jackson come playoff time as they've had zero signature wins in a bad conference.
It'll be interesting, they're in a tough region with good teams but they're a really good team and I'd have them top 4.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

greygoose wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:40 pm
It'll be interesting, they're in a tough region with good teams but they're a really good team and I'd have them top 4.
Doubt we get top 4 but out of our control. Happy to be playing.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Not much teams could do this season but you know that. No doubt games agains Tha Burg and Licking Valley were missed but things Are starting to pick up now. Glad to be playing and I’m sure there’s plenty of teams and programs that like to be in Jackson shoes
Last edited by countywide35 on Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Love to be throwed the under dog card......

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

countywide35 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:09 pm

Not much teams could do this season but you know that. No doubt games agains Tha Burg and Licking Valley were missed but things Are starting to pick up now. Glad to be playing and I’m sure there’s plenty of teams and programs that like to be in Jackson shoes
Oh definitely, as everyone always says SEO isn't viewed very highly and this is going to be the year we see how that plays out for several teams.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

On the game this week Chillicothe will be wishing for it to be basketball season halfway through the 2nd quarter, no mystery here.

On the seeding I have no idea, the Ironmen may get dinged due to the conference strength (the FAC is awful this year), I don't have a good sense of where they are at since our game was scratched, but good luck to them moving forward.

TrueFan
JV Team

Post by TrueFan »

Jackson wins this game, easily!

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Jackson with a running clock on chilli

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Abe Froman wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:25 pm On the game this week Chillicothe will be wishing for it to be basketball season halfway through the 2nd quarter, no mystery here.

On the seeding I have no idea, the Ironmen may get dinged due to the conference strength (the FAC is awful this year), I don't have a good sense of where they are at since our game was scratched, but good luck to them moving forward.
I do t think very many basketball kids at Chilly are even on the football team.

Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

As a Chillicothe alum and former player And also someone who works with kids within the community I will say two things about this team,

1. There isn’t a better group of kids, great students positive leaders with bright futures beyond football
2. Coach Pryor is a great man and mentor, still having some growing pains as far as being a first time head coach, but you can’t teach being a molder or young men and good human being.

This Chillicothe team has grown over the course of the season and I believe if they played Wheelersburg now vs game 1 it would have been a very close ball game, the offensive play calling is still predictable and I feel some kids would be better suited in other positions but I’m not the coach lol

Jackson is as advertised, THE REAL DEAL, and this is a tough ask for this Cavs team I think if Chillicothe plays a great game it won’t be embarrassing like last year, last week Chillicothe played well but I was more impressed with no turnovers and few penalties, something that has hurt them a lot this season. I feel this game will be closer than the experts think! FAC Chip

BBALL99
Freshman Team

Post by BBALL99 »

Jackson rolls again.

Hopefully, they can do some damage in the playoffs.

veer
JV Team

Post by veer »

Jackson 42- Chilly 21

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:31 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:25 pm On the game this week Chillicothe will be wishing for it to be basketball season halfway through the 2nd quarter, no mystery here.

I do t think very many basketball kids at Chilly are even on the football team.

No idea who plays football/basketball but it seems the Cavs usually return the gridiron whooping to the Ironmen (and a lot of other teams) on the hardcourt.

Didn't realize (or forgot) this is a relatively new coach, I forgot there are no Hintons there anymore. One of the comments above seem to indicate the potential is there for the new regime.

Good luck to him building a program there. Amazing facilities to work from, just a great venue there at Chillicothe.

Cavsfan2020
Waterboy

Post by Cavsfan2020 »

I am new to the area. No disrespect! I can’t figure out why people around call Jackson a state power or there fans act like they are. To my knowledge Jackson has a good program but it’s far from great. A great program puts trophies in the trophy case that says STATE CHAMPION! Where I come from there are state powers (La Salle, St. Xavier, Moeller, Elder, Wyoming, Winton Woods, Clinton-Massie, etc) the only programs you here people talk about in Southeastern part of the state in football is Ironton and Wheelersburg because they have been common visitors to Columbus or Canton on Championship weekend. I am not sure Jackson has ever got past week 3 of the playoffs. At least Chilli has a State championship banner in Basketball hanging in there gym. Again no disrespect I just think it’s interesting how people talk like Jackson is this great state power or something. Without ever seeing them and just based of what I’ve read I am sure Jackson has a good program but the word great can’t happen until there is a Championship trophy in the case. Chilli is definitely a rebuilding program and the future is bright however this game sounds like a tall task for a team who has struggled with Offensive identity. The Defense is good but if there on the field to long that could mean trouble. Here’s hoping they put it all together this week Go Cavs!

Tommy Chong
Freshman Team

Post by Tommy Chong »

Cavsfan2020 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:25 pm I am new to the area. No disrespect! I can’t figure out why people around call Jackson a state power or there fans act like they are. To my knowledge Jackson has a good program but it’s far from great. A great program puts trophies in the trophy case that says STATE CHAMPION! Where I come from there are state powers (La Salle, St. Xavier, Moeller, Elder, Wyoming, Winton Woods, Clinton-Massie, etc) the only programs you here people talk about in Southeastern part of the state in football is Ironton and Wheelersburg because they have been common visitors to Columbus or Canton on Championship weekend. I am not sure Jackson has ever got past week 3 of the playoffs. At least Chilli has a State championship banner in Basketball hanging in there gym. Again no disrespect I just think it’s interesting how people talk like Jackson is this great state power or something. Without ever seeing them and just based of what I’ve read I am sure Jackson has a good program but the word great can’t happen until there is a Championship trophy in the case. Chilli is definitely a rebuilding program and the future is bright however this game sounds like a tall task for a team who has struggled with Offensive identity. The Defense is good but if there on the field to long that could mean trouble. Here’s hoping they put it all together this week Go Cavs!
No one says Jackson is a state power. Jackson is a solid football program with a pretty good tradition. Over 600 wins , 24-30 conference titles , maybe 15 or so playoff appearances (all since 1996). Jackson Ironmen football program always seems to put a good product on the field , and they do so every year . Very few down years . I don’t see anyone on here calling Jackson a state power . I feel like you came on here to take that shot so I’ll return the favor . Chillicothe is by far the most underachieving program in the area . They are D2-D3 school will great facilities , great athletes and couldn’t win the SVC . Chillicothe should be the boss of the area in football. Good luck with Jackson Friday and their empty trophy case.

Return to “Football”