2020 Portsmouth 9 - 50 Ironton

Beergogglebluez
SE

2020 Portsmouth 9 - 50 Ironton

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Thoughts? Portsmouth lost a ton of kids that include talyn Parker and ironton lost a few key pieces from the state runner up team. With the new schedule layout this is now a week 1 matchup. Hopefully some fans can come and check out the new turf.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
wobycat
SEOPS

Re: Week 1 Portsmouth vs ironton

Post by wobycat »

Maybe Portsmouth can come out and put on a show. Tough task. Ironton has a pretty good team.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Yeah I'm sorry but this is a game where I look for Ironton to come out ready to play, they have some guys to replace but that backfield should be pretty nasty. running clock in this one.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Ironton will be too much for Portsmouth. Trojans might hang around for a quarter due to it being the first game, but I would guess this game has a running clock. Portsmouth as far as I know lost a ton of seniors, not sure they had anyone transfer in, and their underclassmen last season probably aren’t the answer. Good news is that this game will be over and you’ll have 5 more to try and win. I’m not trying to be a downer, but the Tigers have a loaded roster full of grown men with a good bit of experience...the exact opposite of Portsmouth.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

On paper this game should get out of hand. But Still have to play the game.

Reid n the boys start their quest to Canton hungry and a Trojan is up first.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Beergogglebluez
SE

Now that we officially have the green light and teams can game plan and prepare and better yet know there’s a week 1. What’s everyone’s take on this matchup.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Ironton rolls.

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

Ironton on paper has this pretty easily.

However interested to see what Portsmouth has. First game with lots of uncertainty wouldn’t be surprised for the Trojans to hang around longer then some expect.
Ironton normally doesn’t start really rolling for a few games, with that in mind hope the Trojans can make it a competitive outing.

Trojans will be missing Parker I’m sure but I think Drew Row and QB the Trojans will have a competitive team this year with the rest of the OVC.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Trojan_FB_Alum wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:52 am Ironton on paper has this pretty easily.

However interested to see what Portsmouth has. First game with lots of uncertainty wouldn’t be surprised for the Trojans to hang around longer then some expect.
Ironton normally doesn’t start really rolling for a few games, with that in mind hope the Trojans can make it a competitive outing.

Trojans will be missing Parker I’m sure but I think Drew Row and QB the Trojans will have a competitive team this year with the rest of the OVC.
I’m really interested in what the team brings. I talked to a lot of people and have had mixed reviews by everyone, some say we are looking good and very fast, I’ve been told some areas really need some work. But roe back on offense will help and Duncan at tight end could be a big playmaker, defense has keys back at linebacker. He will have to step up big time with all the other linebackers graduating. Offense and defense has to replace a ton. Parker, Wallace, purdy, McCoy played well on both sides and McKenzie was a monster on defense.

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

Hopefully Portsmouth can get their program back to being very competitive because Southern Ohio football is just better when Ironton, Burg, and Portsmouth are all good!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

My Town TV will be broadcasting the game on Facebook. They did all of Irontons home games last year.

Beergogglebluez
SE

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:55 pm My Town TV will be broadcasting the game on Facebook. They did all of Irontons home games last year.
The game is at Portsmouth are they coming there because trutrojan was told there not streaming our games this year.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:52 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:55 pm My Town TV will be broadcasting the game on Facebook. They did all of Irontons home games last year.
The game is at Portsmouth are they coming there because trutrojan was told there not streaming our games this year.
Ironton Football posted on Facebook they’ll be covering the game at Portsmouth.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Ironton BIG. The Tigers wont have a decent opponent until the state semis.

Beergogglebluez
SE

I got to watch Portsmouth at the west scrimmage. Roes arm looked improved, it was strong and very accurate. The Bryant kid looked good at receiver. The run game was not there and the line had trouble blocking on run plays. West in the 1st quarter ran down Portsmouth throat and took a 7-0 lead after that I’m not sure if west wanted to work on there pass game or what. They threw a ton 2nd and 3rd quarter. It was different seeing all of Portsmouth’s scores from the air. Not sure how many years that’s been lol. Parker is gone and you could tell. The offense rest on roe’s shoulder and he looked really good. Lines need work and defense. And moving ironton to the first game is going to be rough. I was really impressed with roe and his throwing.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Sad I won’t be there to watch in person, but I’ll listen to the radio/watch a stream instead of missing. As far as the game goes, I think Ironton wins, tough first game for the Trojans. Ironton seems to be a different animal at this point. Line play on both sides of the ball will be the difference imo. Good luck Portsmouth!

Who Dey!
Beergogglebluez
SE

PTrojan59 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:56 am Sad I won’t be there to watch in person, but I’ll listen to the radio/watch a stream instead of missing. As far as the game goes, I think Ironton wins, tough first game for the Trojans. Ironton seems to be a different animal at this point. Line play on both sides of the ball will be the difference imo. Good luck Portsmouth!
Week 7 when the state starts making money you will be at games. The rules are silly. No reason why you can’t separate and set outside. Portsmouth never sells out.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:15 pm
PTrojan59 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:56 am Sad I won’t be there to watch in person, but I’ll listen to the radio/watch a stream instead of missing. As far as the game goes, I think Ironton wins, tough first game for the Trojans. Ironton seems to be a different animal at this point. Line play on both sides of the ball will be the difference imo. Good luck Portsmouth!
Week 7 when the state starts making money you will be at games. The rules are silly. No reason why you can’t separate and set outside. Portsmouth never sells out.

I’m a little confused. Is Portsmouth not allowing any fans ?

Beergogglebluez
SE

countywide35 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:00 pm

15% so each kid got 3 or 4 and ironton gets some. It’s a total mess with the ticket situation. A lot of fans I see every game every year won’t be there. I seriously doubt I see a away game. I was told 40 total will be given for Chesapeake and around 40 for coal grove.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:16 pm
countywide35 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:00 pm

15% so each kid got 3 or 4 and ironton gets some. It’s a total mess with the ticket situation. A lot of fans I see every game every year won’t be there. I seriously doubt I see a away game. I was told 40 total will be given for Chesapeake and around 40 for coal grove.

Ok. Yeah I knew all that. The way I took your post was that maybe Portsmouth had decided no fans or something of that nature. Thanks for clearer that up for me.

Return to “Football”