SEOP

Re: Ohio High School Coaches Fall Sports Proposal

Post by Geronimo »

JMO. ! It's not going to work ! I feel for high schools sports! Good Luck

Toz15
Waterboy

Post by Toz15 »

Where did you get this? Seems reasonable, is it real?

I'd think Paladin would have posted this. Didn't he say his neighbor, butcher or something was the Grand PooBa of the OHSFCA? Might be that this indicates a season could possible so he didn't think it was noteworthy.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Geronimo wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:23 pm JMO. ! It's not going to work ! I feel for high schools sports! Good Luck
At least there’s a plan.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Toz15 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:30 pm Where did you get this? Seems reasonable, is it real?

I'd think Paladin would have posted this. Didn't he say his neighbor, butcher or something was the Grand PooBa of the OHSFCA? Might be that this indicates a season could possible so he didn't think it was noteworthy.
This is a proposal today by OHSFCA

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

The GOV and LT Gov Husted were supposed to speak on sports this week. Now with the speaker of the house in Ohio getting arrested they might have more important issues.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

It’s really easy just either no fans at all or cancel the season

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

Fans can distance themselves, plus it’s outside. Been watching sports all summer. Ball fields are packed! If you don’t like it.. stay home.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Izladoom wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:55 pm It’s really easy just either no fans at all or cancel the season

I don’t know why we can social distance every where else and not football? I mean I just played softball tonight. We have to move forward.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

I think these plans are pretty good. Well thought out.

Toz15
Waterboy

Post by Toz15 »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:11 am
Izladoom wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:55 pm It’s really easy just either no fans at all or cancel the season

I don’t know why we can social distance every where else and not football? I mean I just played softball tonight. We have to move forward.
Also with this plan, teams could make up lost gate revenue by getting with local screen printing companies and selling masks with school/mascot logo's to those who can attend games.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Those of you who think this plan is good, will you think it is good if you are one of the people who is not allowed in due to social distancing?

Toz15
Waterboy

Post by Toz15 »

2trap_4ever wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:50 am Those of you who think this plan is good, will you think it is good if you are one of the people who is not allowed in due to social distancing?
Sure will. Anything that allows the season to continue and HS kids to participate, in any extra curricular activity they choose, is nothing but a positive. It actually astounds me the complaining people do about the direction today's youths take, but have no issue limiting opportunities for them.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I'm not a fan of the 12 minute halftime. The kids need to catch their breath before the 3rd quarter starts.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

2trap_4ever wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:50 am Those of you who think this plan is good, will you think it is good if you are one of the people who is not allowed in due to social distancing?
Schools that have a big fan base will just bring in extra bleachers if possible. Plus the standing room at the fences.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Tartanblue wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:56 pm
Schools that have a big fan base will just bring in extra bleachers if possible. Plus the standing room at the fences.
Bringing in bleachers would be an option, but the proposal says everyone has to be seated....no standing

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

I’ve stayed out of this thread to give Tom Pavlansky, the President of the OHSFCA , and my neighbor, a shot at selling this. It’s a product of overzealous member coaches he11 bent to have a season. Frankly , there are others that believe having a season is a mistake. However, after jumping thru hoops and twisting like a pretzel to fit into all the health guidelines, this is their product.

The reality is many schools will not be able to afford the cost of doing this. Others will miss out because the schools won’t open, going online which will cancel sports. There may be a handful that pursues a season, but infections will shut them down, one by one. Reality is this is much ado about nothing. It’s a challenge that is mostly insurmountable.

Tom recognizes all of this, but as the Prez, he has to put out the position of the Association, no matter how much a long shot it is. Many of the area coaches up here understand this. They want a season but realize it’s a long shot.

Have gun, will travel
2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Tartanblue wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:56 pm
Just because your school has a big fan base does not mean they have the extra funds to bring in extra bleachers. Especially with the extra money going toward all the cleaning and everything the schools have to go through now.

Return to “Football”