What would it take for Robbie W. to come back to his almemater Gallia Acad.

PTownhoops
Riding the Bench

What would it take for Robbie W. to come back to his almemater Gallia Acad.

Post by PTownhoops »

Could it happen???????

Neutron Man
All State

Re: What would it take for Robbie W. to come back to his almemater Gallia Acad.

Post by Neutron Man »

Anything is Possible BUT......Don't Hold Your Breath!

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Gallia AD is Corvin who is a pretty competitive individual. There is no doubt that he is considering any and all options to bring the Gallia program back to relevance, it has slipped considerably in the last few years. So to think he hasn't thought of bringing Rob back to his alma mater is probably wrong, however the question is has Rob considered returning to his alma mater and with the results he has had and is projected to have I can't think it crosses his mind much right now.

The perfect time to return "and be the hero coming home" is when you look at the lower classes and see some potential to build something, take a 4-6 or 5-5 season the first couple years then roll up to a 8-2 or 9-1 type of year. Based on what I know Gallia may struggle for the next 3 or so years in football.

I say if it happens, it happens at the end of a Burg cycle and before a Gallia cycle. Maybe in 4-5 years.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Well to start with, no matter who the coach is you have to have athletes and Gallia is pretty much void of the talent to compete in any sport right now. Just in a down cycle, it happens.

JV Team

Post by 1906 »

PTownhoops wrote:Could it happen???????

no way, to much success at the burg. gahs has nothing to offer no atheletes. the county kids are staying home and a few city kids are going to the county. much easier path to success than going to the ACADEMY.

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

What are you saying Abe? That Coach Riffe isnt top of the line and cant coach and Woodward can?.. Coach Riffe would win the same amount of games at WBurg as Woodward and Woodward would lose the same amount of games at GAHS. Corvin? :lol: ..What in the heck does he have to do with anything?..Listen Abe...GAHS is a politically corrupt crap hole.. Has been for a long time. Lacking athletes right now

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Grab a snickers Inspector Clouseau

BobSugar
Riding the Bench

Post by BobSugar »

The Inspector wrote:What are you saying Abe? That Coach Riffe isnt top of the line and cant coach and Woodward can?.. Coach Riffe would win the same amount of games at WBurg as Woodward and Woodward would lose the same amount of games at GAHS. Corvin? :lol: ..What in the heck does he have to do with anything?..Listen Abe...GAHS is a politically corrupt crap hole.. Has been for a long time. Lacking athletes right now
Ahhhh... the old talent vs. coaching argument. Call me crazy, but I believe coaching matters. It's more than on the field playcalling. Changing the culture, getting kids to buy in, dedicating themselves to put in the work in the weight room during the offseason. Luke Fickell had the same talent at OSU as Urban, but what did he do with it? I'll admit its easier at some places than others, but a great coach can turn any program around.

rockcoach
Freshman Team

Post by rockcoach »

Is the Gallia job even open?

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

The job at GAHS is not open. Coaching does matter. A lot.....BTW...Thats cute Abe. Think of that all on your own?

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

I think talent is in Gallipolis, just not interested much in playing ball. Got to get them interested again and keep it that way,

Return to “Football”