Post by mattash »

Lol I know. SUCKS

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
on the black
Freshman Team

Re: Frank Solich

Post by on the black »

Frank is the best goodness thing that ever happened to Ohio U. The man is a legend. Old or not he can tear it up on the sideline, what a badass!!! The man can completely coach a team like no one else can. If you look up and down at the way the man handles himself he is what Ohio U is all about. Loyalty, integrity and sobriety. I can see him coaching well into 90’s. This man right here is the SAVIOR of Ohio U. We are nothing without you Frank. You are our everything!!!!!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

He's been good for OU but it probably is time to move on. Then again OU is a party school who has a football team so it's not as if anyone truly has high expectations for them going into any season.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I love the guy myself.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

on the black wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:56 pm If you look up and down at the way the man handles himself he is what Ohio U is all about. Loyalty, integrity and sobriety.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Watching SE Ohio basketball
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

mattash wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:09 pm I loved the MAC. Really wished Marshall stayed. Hate C-USA.

agreed

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

on the black wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:56 pm Frank is the best goodness thing that ever happened to Ohio U. The man is a legend. Old or not he can tear it up on the sideline, what a badass!!! The man can completely coach a team like no one else can. If you look up and down at the way the man handles himself he is what Ohio U is all about. Loyalty, integrity and sobriety. I can see him coaching well into 90’s. This man right here is the SAVIOR of Ohio U. We are nothing without you Frank. You are our everything!!!!!
seriously black. we don't need vulgarity like that here, or anywhere. that's reprehensible. this is a site about sports. and people of all ages read this including kids. your whole comment was lost after the 1st sentence , I could not even concentrate after that. and then calling a coach a saviour. did you lose some kind of bet and had to play Russian roulette, or the other choice was to post this, and hope lightning doesn't strike you. gee whiz man, wayyyyyyyy over the top here. :shock: :shock:

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that sounds a whole heap better than takin the Lord's name in vain. and makes ya really want to continue reading the post.

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

Frank is a class act and one heck of a coach...we're lucky to have him. I wish he was the coach when I played there. Paladin, you need help...seriously bro. You couldn't even play for Jasper Tech but want to run down a D-1 conference. I don't know when you played, but I wish I played against you b/c you'd still be blowing snot bubbles!

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:03 am
on the black wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:56 pm Frank is the best goodness thing that ever happened to Ohio U. The man is a legend. Old or not he can tear it up on the sideline, what a badass!!! The man can completely coach a team like no one else can. If you look up and down at the way the man handles himself he is what Ohio U is all about. Loyalty, integrity and sobriety. I can see him coaching well into 90’s. This man right here is the SAVIOR of Ohio U. We are nothing without you Frank. You are our everything!!!!!
seriously black. we don't need vulgarity like that here, or anywhere. that's reprehensible. this is a site about sports. and people of all ages read this including kids. your whole comment was lost after the 1st sentence , I could not even concentrate after that. and then calling a coach a saviour. did you lose some kind of bet and had to play Russian roulette, or the other choice was to post this, and hope lightning doesn't strike you. gee whiz man, wayyyyyyyy over the top here. :shock: :shock:

yeah I agree with that bait.....first sentence was a little much for the sports site.....

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

oldschoolqb13 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:15 pm Frank is a class act and one heck of a coach...we're lucky to have him. I wish he was the coach when I played there. Paladin, you need help...seriously bro. You couldn't even play for Jasper Tech but want to run down a D-1 conference. I don't know when you played, but I wish I played against you b/c you'd still be blowing snot bubbles!

so you mean in bull in the ring Paladin be the first you call out???

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

countywide35 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:43 pm
oldschoolqb13 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:15 pm Frank is a class act and one heck of a coach...we're lucky to have him. I wish he was the coach when I played there. Paladin, you need help...seriously bro. You couldn't even play for Jasper Tech but want to run down a D-1 conference. I don't know when you played, but I wish I played against you b/c you'd still be blowing snot bubbles!

so you mean in bull in the ring Paladin be the first you call out???
I think Paladin would be the only one ANYBODY on the team would call out first. I don't always agree with much of the stuff said on here, but I respect peoples' opinions. He is a cloud of negativity that poisons this forum. The bad part is we can't unfollow him or deny him access. So, we're forced to read his drivel on a regular basis. In daily life, I try not to surround myself with that kind of personality.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Not considering FCS conferences, there are 10 “major” D-I conferences. Check any ranking service annually and you find the MAC competes with the Sun Belt conference for the basement. Fact.

Sometimes it’s a logjam on bottom with CUSA and Mountain West thrown in. If you check Massey annually, you will often find many FCS schools rated above O.U. North Dakota St. ,James Madison, etc. Another fact.

Have gun, will travel
Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Here’s Masseys ratings this week for the 130 D-I schools-

Miami. 82
Buffalo 84
W. Mich. 90
C. Mich. 92
OU. 94
Kent. 97
Ball St. 101
E. Mich 104
N. I’ll 111
Toledo. 114
BG. 124
Akron. 129

Have gun, will travel
NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I don't think Fran Solich is going anywhere anytime soon. He is currently in negotiations for a contract extension, so I don't think the university wants to get rid of him.

He just became the all-time winningest coach in MAC History. His next record will be that of former OU coach Don Peden, the all-time winningest coach in OU history (he retired in 1946, the first year the MAC existed, which is why he isn't the all-time leader in the MAC). Solich is only 9 wins away from tying Peden's record and 10 wins away from owning it outright. While Solich could set the record next season, it might be 2021 before he does, depending on how well OU does during the 2020 season.

Don Peden
Coach from 1924 - 1946
121-46-11 all-time record

Frank Solich
Coach from 2005 - Present
112-81 all-time record (75-45 MAC record)

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Paladin has to get SSI for being nuts :lol:

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

Paladin wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:53 pm Here’s Masseys ratings this week for the 130 D-I schools-

Miami. 82
Buffalo 84
W. Mich. 90
C. Mich. 92
OU. 94
Kent. 97
Ball St. 101
E. Mich 104
N. I’ll 111
Toledo. 114
BG. 124
Akron. 129
Nobody said they were the SEC.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:20 pm Paladin has to get SSI for being nuts :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dementia is more like it.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Paladin wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:37 pm Not considering FCS conferences, there are 10 “major” D-I conferences. Check any ranking service annually and you find the MAC competes with the Sun Belt conference for the basement. Fact.

Sometimes it’s a logjam on bottom with CUSA and Mountain West thrown in. If you check Massey annually, you will often find many FCS schools rated above O.U. North Dakota St. ,James Madison, etc. Another fact.
Remind us all that played a sport in college where Big Bad Paladin played?

I will wait.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

BobcatQB wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:20 pm Be careful what you wish for...ask Nebraska.
I’m not necessarily disagreeing with you, but where they truly cooked their butts for free was when they fired Bo Pelini.

Return to “Football”