teach1coach2
All State

Tri-Valley Hires Cameron West as Head Football Coach

Post by teach1coach2 »

Coach Kevin Fell resigned today.
2 years at Tri-Valley
2018 10-2 League Champ
2019 7-3 3rd place

He told the team today. Rumor is the school plans to have a new coach hired in the next couple weeks.
Last edited by teach1coach2 on Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrFirstTake
SE

Re: Tri-Valley Head Coaching opening

Post by MrFirstTake »

I wonder why he left that’s pretty good for your first two seasons?

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

There are many many Tri-Valley fans who would tell you that he had the better talent in all 22 games he coached over 2 years and went 17-5. Although I think that is a little over stated.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Seemed like a pretty good coach.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Yeah i mean they could be slightly spoiled from the previous coach who went to Granville but seems like the new coach was pretty good

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

teach1coach2 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:05 pm There are many many Tri-Valley fans who would tell you that he had the better talent in all 22 games he coached over 2 years and went 17-5. Although I think that is a little over stated.
well they need to get their dang resume' updated and apply for the job. Sounds like lots of knowledge in the bleachers. Give me a break.

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

MrFirstTake wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:36 pm Yeah i mean they could be slightly spoiled from the previous coach who went to Granville but seems like the new coach was pretty good
Exactly. Very well could have had the best talent on the field but he is a HOF Coach so probably deserves a little respect. We all know you never want to be the guy replacing the guy.

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

Word is ..... it will be an assistant from the Buttermore era with many of the Buttermore assistants who did not coach the last two years coaching again (guys who still teach or work at Tri-Valley).

When Buttermore left, everyone assumed the one assistant who applied for the job would get it and the coaching staff would stay intact. When the search committee decided to hire someone else, the entire staff quit. The coach who wanted the job left for another district.

I think some of the assistants who coached for Fell will also still be coaching.

Buttermore is a top notch coach. Certainly headed for the HOF of Ohio HS coaches. Fell is a good coach, but not at a Buttermore level. I'll opine on that more later when I have time.

hardhitter ll
Varsity

Post by hardhitter ll »

teach1coach2 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:42 pm Word is ..... it will be an assistant from the Buttermore era with many of the Buttermore assistants who did not coach the last two years coaching again (guys who still teach or work at Tri-Valley).

When Buttermore left, everyone assumed the one assistant who applied for the job would get it and the coaching staff would stay intact. When the search committee decided to hire someone else, the entire staff quit. The coach who wanted the job left for another district.

I think some of the assistants who coached for Fell will also still be coaching.

Buttermore is a top notch coach. Certainly headed for the HOF of Ohio HS coaches. Fell is a good coach, but not at a Buttermore level. I'll opine on that more later when I have time.
Dang it, I hope not. Was hoping the guy from Meigs would get it. Please take him. Please. :o

teach1coach2
All State

Re: Tri-Valley Hires Cameron West as Head Football Coach

Post by teach1coach2 »

Have you ever heard of a coach resigning on a Monday and a replacement announced from "outside" the district on a Friday?

Note: He was a Tri-Valley teacher until this school year (left to be an administrator at another district).

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Hometown kid played for one of the best college coaches ever at all college football levels, coached with buttermore who's a great coach also hes a younger guy so he knows how today's kids are. Seems to be a good hire only time will tell though

1gcfan
Riding the Bench

Post by 1gcfan »

West should do just fine. If not, those fans who wanted Fell out will want him gone as well!

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

He was a great player.

And he got to learn from the best. Sounds like a great hire.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Well, Sam didn't pull many punches there.

Return to “Football”