Items You'd Ban At High School Stadium?

kantucky
Varsity

Items You'd Ban At High School Stadium?

Post by kantucky »

I read the list of banned items at The Hall Of Fame Stadium before last Saturday night's game which was quite extensive. It got me to thinking, what would the average fan want to see banned state wide in all prep stadiums

My list would first and foremost include umbrellas. Rain ponchos aren't a large investment and if you buy a quality one it`ll last many years.

I know many would like to see noise makers banned

Oh a humorous note, with some twist of truth, I'd like to see teenage girls banned as well. At least limited to certain areas of the stadium. Seems like anything its 3rd and long or there's a bomb launched into the end zone, Jenny and Sally see Marcie and have to quickly jump up in front of you to go say hi. Of course, teenage boys might resist this one.

So, how about you? What would you like to see banned or added?

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Items You'd Ban At High School Stadium?

Post by Orange and Brown »

I would ban folks who want to ban high school girls from sitting where they want.

Maybe the folks who think they are a coach and every other play they tell "That's a hold" or "throw the screen", but if that's how they want to spend their Friday night then it's okay with me. lol

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

Orange and Brown wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:06 pm I would ban folks who want to ban high school girls from sitting where they want.

Maybe the folks who think they are a coach and every other play they tell "That's a hold" or "throw the screen", but if that's how they want to spend their Friday night then it's okay with me. lol
So you're banning yourself O&B? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: JK lol

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

OSU22 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:10 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:06 pm I would ban folks who want to ban high school girls from sitting where they want.

Maybe the folks who think they are a coach and every other play they tell "That's a hold" or "throw the screen", but if that's how they want to spend t n heir Friday night then it's okay with me. lol
Lol!! Them Burg posters are such a light hearted bunch
Last edited by kantucky on Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Could not agree more on umbrellas. They have no business in the stadium.

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

Without a doubt I would ban vuvuzelas.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

OSU22 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:10 pm

I don't have time for that anymore. Too busy :lol:

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

kantucky wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:33 pm I read the list of banned items at The Hall Of Fame Stadium before last Saturday night's game which was quite extensive. It got me to thinking, what would the average fan want to see banned state wide in all prep stadiums

My list would first and foremost include umbrellas. Rain ponchos aren't a large investment and if you buy a quality one it`ll last many years.

I know many would like to see noise makers banned

Oh a humorous note, with some twist of truth, I'd like to see teenage girls banned as well. At least limited to certain areas of the stadium. Seems like anything its 3rd and long or there's a bomb launched into the end zone, Jenny and Sally see Marcie and have to quickly jump up in front of you to go say hi. Of course, teenage boys might resist this one.

So, how about you? What would you like to see banned or added?
How about keeping families separated so when the son/brother does something good they don't block 15 feet of the two rows behind them from seeing when they jump up for Johnny.. Now if there is a sister we will let her stand. 8-)

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

I would have to agree on the umbrellas at least in the bleachers.

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

Chief02 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:44 pm Without a doubt I would ban vuvuzelas.
Very much this.

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

I would ban people who can't stay in their seat for at least a quarter at a time.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Why can’t people stand up after a big play? Aren’t you supposed to? People wanting to sit and watch kids be happy for 3 seconds before returning to the huddle?

No Sally?

I was thinking no Mounds candy bars

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Milk jugs and air horns cow bells kids throwing footballs in high traffic areas would be a start

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Milk jugs full of corn. I hate those things. Main reason I stand on the hill at home and stand along the fence for away games. It never fails that you get someone behind you that shakes it every play, right in your ear.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Umbrellas and people who want to put up an entire pop up canopy on the top row. Yeah let anyone around you have that added water run off onto them, very inconsiderate. I can't stand the milk jugs or cow bells, only players that hear them MIGHT be the ones on the sidelines. Even in a packed stadium, at least for myself, when I was between the lines I didn't hear any noise from those who thought they were making a bunch. I'm on the fence in terms of the reserve seating, I've gone to plenty of games where 1/3-1/2 of the reserve seating isn't even being used. Stadiums should just make less of it in order to make it more appealing and then players families get first rights to the reserve purchase seating.

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:20 pm Why can’t people stand up after a big play? Aren’t you supposed to? People wanting to sit and watch kids be happy for 3 seconds before returning to the huddle?

No Sally?

I was thinking no Mounds candy bars
I am thinking more of the people who have to leave the stands for what seems like 5 times each quarter, which causes everyone in the row to have to stand up while they climb over people to get out to the aisle during which no one behind them can see the action on the field.

I have no problem with people standing to cheer after a big play. I do it myself.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Milk jugs absolutely. They're so pointless and nothing more than a loud annoyance.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:35 am Milk jugs absolutely. They're so pointless and nothing more than a loud annoyance.
Are you talking about milk jugs or our wives at times?!?!😂😂

No but seriously, I’d have to say umbrellas in the stands or that one person who has 20 blankets down to save seats.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:33 pm
bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:35 am Milk jugs absolutely. They're so pointless and nothing more than a loud annoyance.
Are you talking about milk jugs or our wives at times?!?!😂😂

No but seriously, I’d have to say umbrellas in the stands or that one person who has 20 blankets down to save seats.
I'd never ban those! :D

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Worst part of the noise makers is most fans only get loud and use them when their team has the ball and they go quiet when they are on defense......

Return to “Football”