Items You'd Ban At High School Stadium?

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Items You'd Ban At High School Stadium?

Post by greygoose »

Izladoom wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:07 pm Worst part of the noise makers is most fans only get loud and use them when their team has the ball and they go quiet when they are on defense......
Worst part is people with the noise makers think it actually makes a difference. Yes, most fans have no idea of when to get loud. Offense is out there facing a 4th and 2 for the ball game and they're screaming their heads off.

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

Orange and Brown wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:06 pm I would ban folks who want to ban high school girls from sitting where they want.

Maybe the folks who think they are a coach and every other play they tell "That's a hold" or "throw the screen", but if that's how they want to spend their Friday night then it's okay with me. lol
It's obviously a joke, but there is some truth to it. Everyone who's ever been to a game knows that high school girls are there not because they have interest in the actual game, but for the opportunity to socialize. Most won't be able to tell you anything about the game other than what's on the scoreboard.

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Otto wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:59 am
Orange and Brown wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:06 pm I would ban folks who want to ban high school girls from sitting where they want.

Maybe the folks who think they are a coach and every other play they tell "That's a hold" or "throw the screen", but if that's how they want to spend their Friday night then it's okay with me. lol
It's obviously a joke, but there is some truth to it. Everyone who's ever been to a game knows that high school girls are there not because they have interest in the actual game, but for the opportunity to socialize. Most won't be able to tell you anything about the game other than what's on the scoreboard.
True it was 'tongue in cheek' .....

....but, you're right, many won't even know they've won or loss until they ask after the game. Sometimes, I envy them. I get far too worked up over games. If we win, I'm on an ecstatic high....... lose? i'm in the depths of despair. I think if you summed me up, you could call me a bi-polar fan

Gloom, despair, and agony on me, deep, dark depression, excessive misery!

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Old people that want the students to sit down and be quiet

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Cannons, I say we ban those darn cannons from being shot off every time the home teams that have them score...or Portsmouth could learn to play defense. Either would work. Lol

OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:37 am Cannons, I say we ban those darn cannons from being shot off every time the home teams that have them score...or Portsmouth could learn to play defense. Either would work. Lol
naaahhhhhhhh we like the cannon at NY lol

Nibbles
Waterboy

Post by Nibbles »

I’ve seen people with those Mr Buddy propane heaters. Then they cover them up with blankets trying to hide them.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:37 am Cannons, I say we ban those darn cannons from being shot off every time the home teams that have them score...or Portsmouth could learn to play defense. Either would work. Lol
Hater!! If u don’t like the cannons bein shot when teams score or sirens when they score then stay home lol

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:28 pm
Hater!! If u don’t like the cannons bein shot when teams score or sirens when they score then stay home lol
I don't mind them being shot off as long as the person running it knows what they're doing. I was at the Waverly and Burg game and the cannon was shot off on a couple different occasions when there was no score. Shot it off for a badly missed field goal and shot it off again when the runner was tackled at like the 10. I mean seriously if you're going to do that at least have some idea of what you're doing, I just started laughing. The announcer giving off OSU scores to a game that wasn't starting for 2 more hours was a nice touch also..... :lol:

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Tobacco on school grounds during games.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:48 pm Tobacco on school grounds during games.
It virtually already is banned across the board— just no real mechanism in place to police its usage to the point of stamping it out for good.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Otto wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:59 am

This can also be applied to a great deal of adult family members in the stands at probably 3/4 of area schools, IMO.

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

noreply66 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:16 pm
kantucky wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:33 pm I read the list of banned items at The Hall Of Fame Stadium before last Saturday night's game which was quite extensive. It got me to thinking, what would the average fan want to see banned state wide in all prep stadiums

My list would first and foremost include umbrellas. Rain ponchos aren't a large investment and if you buy a quality one it`ll last many years.

I know many would like to see noise makers banned

Oh a humorous note, with some twist of truth, I'd like to see teenage girls banned as well. At least limited to certain areas of the stadium. Seems like anything its 3rd and long or there's a bomb launched into the end zone, Jenny and Sally see Marcie and have to quickly jump up in front of you to go say hi. Of course, teenage boys might resist this one.

So, how about you? What would you like to see banned or added?
How about keeping families separated so when the son/brother does something good they don't block 15 feet of the two rows behind them from seeing when they jump up for Johnny.. Now if there is a sister we will let her stand. 8-)
Checking out sisters. You sound more like Paladin all the time

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Howard Cosell wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:07 am
noreply66 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:16 pm
kantucky wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:33 pm I read the list of banned items at The Hall Of Fame Stadium before last Saturday night's game which was quite extensive. It got me to thinking, what would the average fan want to see banned state wide in all prep stadiums

My list would first and foremost include umbrellas. Rain ponchos aren't a large investment and if you buy a quality one it`ll last many years.

I know many would like to see noise makers banned

Oh a humorous note, with some twist of truth, I'd like to see teenage girls banned as well. At least limited to certain areas of the stadium. Seems like anything its 3rd and long or there's a bomb launched into the end zone, Jenny and Sally see Marcie and have to quickly jump up in front of you to go say hi. Of course, teenage boys might resist this one.

So, how about you? What would you like to see banned or added?
How about keeping families separated so when the son/brother does something good they don't block 15 feet of the two rows behind them from seeing when they jump up for Johnny.. Now if there is a sister we will let her stand. 8-)
Checking out sisters. You sound more like Paladin all the time
and you do not make a good Howard :lol:

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

Return to “Football”