Ironton Fighting Tigers Football 2020

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Ironton 2020

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

hows about you write something, then i'll add to your story, whatever I think sounds right. or makes you look bad. see how you feel. trust me if I say it, it's exactly what I meant, er I'd have said more. I get in enough messes without any assistance from the gallery.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:00 pm
wobycat wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:51 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:18 am the success at ironton this year. and what coach Pendleton has done in just his second year are going to be extremely lucrative looking to an athlete at an adjoining school district. they just played in a state game. something the vast majority of schools never, ever have experienced unless they attended them somewhere. this was ironton's 9th appearance in the state title game. and folks are going to take notice that have exceptional athletes in places they'll get little to no exposure in the system they are currently in. so through whomevers decision it is, I expect to see more transfers. as long as everything is done the right way. it was unheard of when I played. but open enrollment has opened this door I believe to even up the field a little bit with private/catholic schools competitively wise. heck I done it with my 2 sons. there were other factors, but I did, and I'm glad my sons got to experience the rock hill district up till their junior high years, and then they went to ironton. and every weekend and summer night the house was filled with ironton and rock hill kids. all having madden tournaments. there at anytime could have 4/5 TV's running at the same time while they competed. and they were kids raised with respect , and they all got along great. sometimes we had young'uns from the symmes valley district as well. you never knew who to expect. I certainly miss those days. because I generally was right in the thick of it surrounded by all these wonderful young men..
Recruiting pitch Bait? Lucrative? Exposure? What are you talking about? Blaine Scott is playing for West Virginia, he played at East high school. Pleasant from Coal Grove is about to get drafted to the NFL. You talk as if open enrollment is a recruiting tool.

If a new student comes to Ironton next year through open enrollment, if done correctly, they will have to sit out the latter part of the season. Otherwise they will actually have to prove they have moved into district. I read somewhere where one of Ironton's transfers was checked upon several times during the season. Not sure what they were looking for other than they wanted proof that they were actually living there.
woby, yer takin this all out of context brother. you know me, I'm proud of any kid from any school that gets to further their education through sports or academically. I'm tickled pink for these fellers you mentioned. and I think everybody here knows that. and I ain't talking about doing anything below the table. so don't assume or try to make me look like was what I was trying to say please. if I said it, I'm good with the backing of my statement. because I think before I type. if someone takes away, or adds to the story, then it hain't my thoughts. just come to the source and ask me.
Bait, you literally said ....."are going to be extremely lucrative looking to an athlete at an adjoining school district"

You literally said....."folks are going to take notice that have exceptional athletes in places they'll get little to no exposure in the system they are currently in."

That is a false statement. Kids don't need to go to Ironton to get noticed. If they are legit, they will get noticed, hence my deference to the athletes aforementioned.

How else could someone interpret those statements?

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

The Ohio State Buckeyes LB Coach Al Washington was in Tigertown today.

Go Fighting Tigers...

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:53 pm The Ohio State Buckeyes LB Coach Al Washington was in Tigertown today.

Go Fighting Tigers...
That’s good to hear.

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

SpeedKillz wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:24 pm
wobycat wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:33 pm
vladimir wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:20 pm Talent is only part of being recognized, the other part is the old "Who ya know." A good example of this is Cain Madden aka Dump Truck of Minford, he was going to Fairmont, WV to play DII football. A Minford coach who was a former Marshall player had direct access to Marshall's coaching staff was able to fast track Cain into Marshall's program for a tryout and, eventually he was awarded a walk-on scholarship. Cain became a starter at OG for Marshall as a Redshirt Freshman. Currently in his RSJR year, he's been awarded the C-USA O-lineman of the week a handful of times. Maybe the NFL is in his future? We'll see, but without someone who knew the Marshall staff, Cain may have been stuck in Fairmont, WV for 4-yrs and never found.

I also agree a kid can be found anywhere, but it never hurts to know someone with direct access to D1 BIG10 programs such as Pendleton. Otherwise, you're counting on your coaching staff to send out info to college coaches to get recognition and a little luck some staff member takes the time to watch a highlight film.

Pendleton went to Michigan State via West Portsmouth and, was discovered by attending offseason football camps. So that's also a route, but those camps aren't free and many families simply cannot afford to send their kids to summer football camps. Then it'll come down to who ya know to get a grant to attend a camp or two.
I don't agree with the who you know. Think about it. Who did Coach Gifford know from WVU to get Blaine Scott noticed? Who did he know from Ohio State for Tyler Gerald? The truth is high level D1 athletes like Carrico, Madden, Holden are a rare commodities and truly don't come around that often. You have the talent or you don't. Today's self recruiting platforms have changed the landscape of recruiting, and you can get your name out there, regardless.
Any D1 talent from schools like Ironton, Burg etc are gonna be few and sometimes even far between. That said, smaller programs have forged really solid programs that develop talent as well as coach it. I would go as far to say that even though a kid like Carrico had the raw physical ability, his last two seasons being developed by this new staff played a major role in him transitioning from talented to elite.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:53 pm The Ohio State Buckeyes LB Coach Al Washington was in Tigertown today.

Go Fighting Tigers...
Great job to Pendleton and staff on getting Ohio's State coach Mr. washington down here for a visit.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

vladimir wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:55 am

Go Fighting Tigers...
Great job to Pendleton and staff on getting Ohio's State coach Mr. washington down here for a visit.
Looks like buckeyes don’t want carrico to jump ship. They like what they see.

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

kantucky wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:31 pm I sure hate to see these seniors go. I'm not naming names. Some get left out that deserve mention so I'll avoid that. However, I talked to one of them a few minutes ago and told him how proud we were of them all. They were great!

I am also excited about the next few years. The freshman class is loaded and many will see a lot of starting time next year. RB's aren't an issue whatsoever for the Tigers in my eyes. We got them, concern yourself naught. Maybe not the load you had coming at you this year but I believe they'll be a bit faster. I don't mean to add any pressure to young Mr. Carrico but I'm sure anxious to see what the 20/20 version of him will be.

We also have a young coach that I believe has shown he's got great aptitude for coaching. He knows football, he's intelligent, he's got great drive and desire and he's a heck of a motivator. I've listened to him speak to the media, he carries himself well and he's articulate. To take a team to the state your second year as being a head coach is something very special. I can't help but think he'll be even better next year as he, like all young coaches, continues to gain more knowledge through experience.

Transfers? Oh, yeah, we'll get some. Most schools do. Seriously, do you think all that group at Kirtland was homegrown? Anyway, young man wanting a good scholarship and playing for a team and school that really is invested equally with his efforts? yeah, that's gotta be tempting

The WORD IS.......BEAT THE BURG!
And when Ironton finally beat the Burg, that was the State Final for them, that means more to them then winning the STATE, that is why people like you keep brining the Burg up

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Sport Fan wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:59 pm
kantucky wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:31 pm I sure hate to see these seniors go. I'm not naming names. Some get left out that deserve mention so I'll avoid that. However, I talked to one of them a few minutes ago and told him how proud we were of them all. They were great!

I am also excited about the next few years. The freshman class is loaded and many will see a lot of starting time next year. RB's aren't an issue whatsoever for the Tigers in my eyes. We got them, concern yourself naught. Maybe not the load you had coming at you this year but I believe they'll be a bit faster. I don't mean to add any pressure to young Mr. Carrico but I'm sure anxious to see what the 20/20 version of him will be.

We also have a young coach that I believe has shown he's got great aptitude for coaching. He knows football, he's intelligent, he's got great drive and desire and he's a heck of a motivator. I've listened to him speak to the media, he carries himself well and he's articulate. To take a team to the state your second year as being a head coach is something very special. I can't help but think he'll be even better next year as he, like all young coaches, continues to gain more knowledge through experience.

Transfers? Oh, yeah, we'll get some. Most schools do. Seriously, do you think all that group at Kirtland was homegrown? Anyway, young man wanting a good scholarship and playing for a team and school that really is invested equally with his efforts? yeah, that's gotta be tempting

And when Ironton finally beat the Burg, that was the State Final for them, that means more to them then winning the STATE, that is why people like you keep brining the Burg up
Until week 2, you are the focus. Mission 1, 2020

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

The Fighting Tigers are going to be awesome next year, mark my word. Good things are happening in Tigertown.

Go Fighting Tigers......

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

wobycat wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:21 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:00 pm
wobycat wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:51 am

Recruiting pitch Bait? Lucrative? Exposure? What are you talking about? Blaine Scott is playing for West Virginia, he played at East high school. Pleasant from Coal Grove is about to get drafted to the NFL. You talk as if open enrollment is a recruiting tool.

If a new student comes to Ironton next year through open enrollment, if done correctly, they will have to sit out the latter part of the season. Otherwise they will actually have to prove they have moved into district. I read somewhere where one of Ironton's transfers was checked upon several times during the season. Not sure what they were looking for other than they wanted proof that they were actually living there.
woby, yer takin this all out of context brother. you know me, I'm proud of any kid from any school that gets to further their education through sports or academically. I'm tickled pink for these fellers you mentioned. and I think everybody here knows that. and I ain't talking about doing anything below the table. so don't assume or try to make me look like was what I was trying to say please. if I said it, I'm good with the backing of my statement. because I think before I type. if someone takes away, or adds to the story, then it hain't my thoughts. just come to the source and ask me.
Bait, you literally said ....."are going to be extremely lucrative looking to an athlete at an adjoining school district"

You literally said....."folks are going to take notice that have exceptional athletes in places they'll get little to no exposure in the system they are currently in."

That is a false statement. Kids don't need to go to Ironton to get noticed. If they are legit, they will get noticed, hence my deference to the athletes aforementioned.

How else could someone interpret those statements?
No. You're correct. Kids don't NEED to go to Ironton. If they are talented enough they will get looks, BUT ...a chance to go play at a storied southern ohio elite with a young, ambitious, insightful staff & HC coming off a state title birth in only their 2nd season together, and a laundry list of D1 scouts and coaches coming through. I think both possibilities are true. Some kids will stay loyal to whatever they are already involved in. Some kids can be tempted. I mean, this is sports. Every level. All the way down to midget football.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

kantucky wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:36 pm

Until week 2, you are the focus. Mission 1, 2020
Man, the LAST time I checked in on the state of region 19 football per the Burg base, Ironton went from being terrified to see Burg in a playoff rematch to beating the team that blew Burg out the very next week. 🤷‍♂️😂

I'm not even gonna discuss 30 - 6 because we don't have to say much. 🤫

SSSSH!!! Burg got dragged like a horshoe vs in state teams. That Ridgewood game? Shew. Straight bodybag. Lol. I'll be honest it doesn't hurt me to tell ya this. Big dog came back and took the yard from ya. Why are ya'll still talking? 😂😂😂🤫

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

your cord don't reach the outlet fan. quit grasping at straw's and trying to start something that ain't there. you haven't a clue. and anybody that reads your posts know that.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

wobycat wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:08 pm
vladimir wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:55 am

Go Fighting Tigers...
Looks like buckeyes don’t want carrico to jump ship. They like what they see.
Probably wanted to let him know the defensive coordinator was leaving lol jk but I did see Jeff Hafley got the Boston college head coaching job

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
hereforthecomments
Riding the Bench

Post by hereforthecomments »

Get out of here with that. No Ironton fan thought that the Burg game was more important than a state final game. Winning a regional championship and state semifinal for the first time in a while beats that completely. This is an Ironton thread yet you’re on here, spreading hate about Ironton. Keep pushing that take though in hopes that somebody will actually believe it.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

hereforthecomments wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:35 pm

Get out of here with that. No Ironton fan thought that the Burg game was more important than a state final game. Winning a regional championship and state semifinal for the first time in a while beats that completely. This is an Ironton thread yet you’re on here, spreading hate about Ironton. Keep pushing that take though in hopes that somebody will actually believe it.
Ridgewood has to feel like salt in the wound for Burg fans. Lol

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

sportie ain't no ironton fan, just a pot stirrer.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:29 am sportie ain't no ironton fan, just a pot stirrer.
And you ain’t bait? Lucrative.. bright lights...attractive to surrounding athletes
:lol:

I want to know how burrow won the Heisman trophy without being under the tutelage of Coach Pendleton. How in the world did Ohio State find this guy.

:lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

no bait ain't no pot stirrer either you forked tongue thing you. all I was saying was the pies gonna get more filling, because of the success. yeah, come to arntun, we'll get your daddy 17 hours of minimum wage at the dollar tree every 2 weeks. and there is an opening for the wife at the farmer's market, shuckin corn late summer/ and early fall months hours only. seriously you are a hoot. and ate plumb up with tiger envy. you'll have to figure out the answer to the joe burrow situation. I was tickled to death to see this fine young man win.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I am tempted to start another ironton topic just to see how long it takes you to spew venom on it. if nothing else you are great entertainment.

Return to “Football”