S

Re: Ironton 2020

Post by BlizzardMan »

MrFirstTake wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:21 pm Carrico is not leaving
Good. I think that stuff is garbage.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

BlizzardMan wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:46 am Ok so I'm just throwing this out there, any truth that a certain big power college football program asked their Ironton commit to play his final year at IMG prep school in Texas?
IMG academy is in Florida, not Texas.

You small towners and your willingness to always help communicate baseless rumors is comedy gold. 😂😂

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

SpeedKillz wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:48 pm
BlizzardMan wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:46 am Ok so I'm just throwing this out there, any truth that a certain big power college football program asked their Ironton commit to play his final year at IMG prep school in Texas?

You small towners and your willingness to always help communicate baseless rumors is comedy gold. 😂😂
Yeah I'm not sure why the hell I put Texas, must've just been on my mind, but this actually came from family of his. It was a question and apparently he was at one point asked to do it. So why don't you eat a dog turd.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

BlizzardMan wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:22 pm
SpeedKillz wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:48 pm

Yeah I'm not sure why the hell I put Texas, must've just been on my mind, but this actually came from family of his. It was a question and apparently he was at one point asked to do it. So why don't you eat a dog turd.
Apparently what? LMAO. Why do ya'll do that corny ish? "Apaarently he was at one point." LMAO - wHaT hAD hAppENed wAS!!" 😂😂 😂😂 C'mon. C'monnnn. 😂😂😂 Some of you schlepps are so outta touch ya can't even run game anymore. Even ya bs is played out. Boy ol boy. Lmao

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

The level of despair in the Wheelsrsburg fan base is understandable as it is ridiculous. What is most discouraging about the entire dynamic is the fan bases lack of creativity. I gotta be honest.

This ridiculous fan base whines and cries and alledges recruiting or whatever variation thereof, but when asked exactly what misconduct is occuring - no answers. Then the next narrative is Carrico to IMG ACADEMY, but the base can't agree on where IMG is located, nor can they offer anything beyond this absolute comedy gold. 😂😂

Again, I have to be honest. I have seen the mighty fall plenty of times in my lifetime. I have taken my share of L's - but the way this fan base is handling not being able to poke their old baby bird chests out online is quite possibly right up there with handling Ridgewood a week after they mopped Burg in satisfaction level.

Prime real estate. Lol.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

And what is also interesting is when these baseless rumors and accusations are tossed around on this platform about Ironton, the moderation is kinda relaxed. But when a lil honesty is included in the return policy, the fun police swoop in on red alert. I dunno. You can always pick up on the people who move funny. 🤷‍♂️

Let em play ref. Let em play.

timbo5252
Riding the Bench

Post by timbo5252 »

Looks like we have a lot coming back, everyone talks about our freshman team, I seen the carpenter and carter kid play, looked good, how many more will play next year? I know I missed several, sorry, heard carpenter can both run and throw. Is this true if so we are set for the next 3 years, I've seen carter run, have to get him to the corner, looks fast, needs to hit weight room, at this point I don't think he is a north south runner like Seth or Reid , use him on the jet sweep, thought coach might try one up in canton but he may not be ready just yet

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I feel like he will become more of a physical runner this year another year of growing and weigh training will benefit the carter kid a lot

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Frogtownbuckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Frogtownbuckeye »

timbo5252 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:46 pm Looks like we have a lot coming back, everyone talks about our freshman team, I seen the carpenter and carter kid play, looked good, how many more will play next year? I know I missed several, sorry, heard carpenter can both run and throw. Is this true if so we are set for the next 3 years, I've seen carter run, have to get him to the corner, looks fast, needs to hit weight room, at this point I don't think he is a north south runner like Seth or Reid , use him on the jet sweep, thought coach might try one up in canton but he may not be ready just yet
Deere could see some HB next year behind Crawford possibly at FB. Deere runs the ball very hard and hits the hole fast. You will be hard pressed to find a harder worker than Carter in the weight room. He looks to be about 6'2" 175 or so and can also be used at WR. He had quite a few inside runs in the Burg freshman game this year that were power runs and he gave some Pirates a ride. I don't think these coaches are afraid to give Crawford the ball, either. I got to see him run a few times this year and he is a bull.

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

We should be very good next year. I hear all this talk of the carter and carpenter kids and both are good ball players, but shouldn’t Deere and Carrico be our backs? So I could see carter playing wr with hacker and Howell. Doesn’t carpenter have to beat out Sloan kid for qb? The offensive line should be just fine.

Frogtownbuckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Frogtownbuckeye »

TigerMania wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:34 pm We should be very good next year. I hear all this talk of the carter and carpenter kids and both are good ball players, but shouldn’t Deere and Carrico be our backs? So I could see carter playing wr with hacker and Howell. Doesn’t carpenter have to beat out Sloan kid for qb? The offensive line should be just fine.
The question was asked earlier in the thread about who would be the #2 HB if Carrico's carries are limited. Carrico and Deere will be the backs with Crawford backing up Deere and Carter backing up Carrico. The QB race will have 3 competitors with Carpenter, York, and Sloan. I look for Carpenter to win that battle with Sloan backing him up and Sloan also rotating with the 1s at WR. The line will be loaded.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I think we will be jut fine. and we now have those young men that are returning having 1 1/2 seasons just played. that extra experience is incredibly suited for them to learn and continue to develop their games/positions.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
jgrlzz
Freshman Team

Post by jgrlzz »

Does anyone out there know if Ironton plays at Russel, KY on September 4 and hosts Ashland on September 18?

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

timbo5252 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:46 pm Looks like we have a lot coming back, everyone talks about our freshman team, I seen the carpenter and carter kid play, looked good, how many more will play next year? I know I missed several, sorry, heard carpenter can both run and throw. Is this true if so we are set for the next 3 years, I've seen carter run, have to get him to the corner, looks fast, needs to hit weight room, at this point I don't think he is a north south runner like Seth or Reid , use him on the jet sweep, thought coach might try one up in canton but he may not be ready just yet

I was calling for “USE THE FROSH” from the AC game to championship dirt.

I truly wished they would have let him attempt it at some point in the game.

On a couple of Kirtland’s you tube celebratory videos, including their post game press interview, they refer to the: “3 BIG BACKS LINED UP” from video prep & knew what to do from there on out.
It would’ve been Interesting to see what the frosh could’ve done w/a few plays designed just for him.
They would’ve been expecting a big load & gotten something else.

I think he’s going to be more dangerous and explosive than more believe.
He’s got MoJo.

#GOTGO2020

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

the success at ironton this year. and what coach Pendleton has done in just his second year are going to be extremely lucrative looking to an athlete at an adjoining school district. they just played in a state game. something the vast majority of schools never, ever have experienced unless they attended them somewhere. this was ironton's 9th appearance in the state title game. and folks are going to take notice that have exceptional athletes in places they'll get little to no exposure in the system they are currently in. so through whomevers decision it is, I expect to see more transfers. as long as everything is done the right way. it was unheard of when I played. but open enrollment has opened this door I believe to even up the field a little bit with private/catholic schools competitively wise. heck I done it with my 2 sons. there were other factors, but I did, and I'm glad my sons got to experience the rock hill district up till their junior high years, and then they went to ironton. and every weekend and summer night the house was filled with ironton and rock hill kids. all having madden tournaments. there at anytime could have 4/5 TV's running at the same time while they competed. and they were kids raised with respect , and they all got along great. sometimes we had young'uns from the symmes valley district as well. you never knew who to expect. I certainly miss those days. because I generally was right in the thick of it surrounded by all these wonderful young men..

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:18 am the success at ironton this year. and what coach Pendleton has done in just his second year are going to be extremely lucrative looking to an athlete at an adjoining school district. they just played in a state game. something the vast majority of schools never, ever have experienced unless they attended them somewhere. this was ironton's 9th appearance in the state title game. and folks are going to take notice that have exceptional athletes in places they'll get little to no exposure in the system they are currently in. so through whomevers decision it is, I expect to see more transfers. as long as everything is done the right way. it was unheard of when I played. but open enrollment has opened this door I believe to even up the field a little bit with private/catholic schools competitively wise. heck I done it with my 2 sons. there were other factors, but I did, and I'm glad my sons got to experience the rock hill district up till their junior high years, and then they went to ironton. and every weekend and summer night the house was filled with ironton and rock hill kids. all having madden tournaments. there at anytime could have 4/5 TV's running at the same time while they competed. and they were kids raised with respect , and they all got along great. sometimes we had young'uns from the symmes valley district as well. you never knew who to expect. I certainly miss those days. because I generally was right in the thick of it surrounded by all these wonderful young men..
Recruiting pitch Bait? Lucrative? Exposure? What are you talking about? Blaine Scott is playing for West Virginia, he played at East high school. Pleasant from Coal Grove is about to get drafted to the NFL. You talk as if open enrollment is a recruiting tool.

If a new student comes to Ironton next year through open enrollment, if done correctly, they will have to sit out the latter part of the season. Otherwise they will actually have to prove they have moved into district. I read somewhere where one of Ironton's transfers was checked upon several times during the season. Not sure what they were looking for other than they wanted proof that they were actually living there.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:18 am the success at ironton this year. and what coach Pendleton has done in just his second year are going to be extremely lucrative looking to an athlete at an adjoining school district. they just played in a state game. something the vast majority of schools never, ever have experienced unless they attended them somewhere. this was ironton's 9th appearance in the state title game. and folks are going to take notice that have exceptional athletes in places they'll get little to no exposure in the system they are currently in. so through whomevers decision it is, I expect to see more transfers. as long as everything is done the right way. it was unheard of when I played. but open enrollment has opened this door I believe to even up the field a little bit with private/catholic schools competitively wise. heck I done it with my 2 sons. there were other factors, but I did, and I'm glad my sons got to experience the rock hill district up till their junior high years, and then they went to ironton. and every weekend and summer night the house was filled with ironton and rock hill kids. all having madden tournaments. there at anytime could have 4/5 TV's running at the same time while they competed. and they were kids raised with respect , and they all got along great. sometimes we had young'uns from the symmes valley district as well. you never knew who to expect. I certainly miss those days. because I generally was right in the thick of it surrounded by all these wonderful young men..
I was out there quite a few times bait your house the madden tournaments

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

wobycat wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:51 am
Recruiting pitch Bait? Lucrative? Exposure? What are you talking about? Blaine Scott is playing for West Virginia, he played at East high school. Pleasant from Coal Grove is about to get drafted to the NFL. You talk as if open enrollment is a recruiting tool.

If a new student comes to Ironton next year through open enrollment, if done correctly, they will have to sit out the latter part of the season. Otherwise they will actually have to prove they have moved into district. I read somewhere where one of Ironton's transfers was checked upon several times during the season. Not sure what they were looking for other than they wanted proof that they were actually living there.
no woby, I hain't got the foresight to think of them there things. just simply talking about others going to want a piece of the pie. I have no alterior motives, just something that popped up in my head a bit back. sorry if it sounded that way.
Last edited by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT on Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

wobycat wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:51 am

woby, yer takin this all out of context brother. you know me, I'm proud of any kid from any school that gets to further their education through sports or academically. I'm tickled pink for these fellers you mentioned. and I think everybody here knows that. and I ain't talking about doing anything below the table. so don't assume or try to make me look like was what I was trying to say please. if I said it, I'm good with the backing of my statement. because I think before I type. if someone takes away, or adds to the story, then it hain't my thoughts. just come to the source and ask me.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:48 am
I was out there quite a few times bait your house the madden tournaments
I remember it well. and I remember showing you how friendly those goliath sized dogs was. just 200 pound cuddle bugs. but it are kinda feaky to see 4 big huge dogs in one house if you ain't used to it. I remember you well. played many a madden game with you. we'd have a houseful. I'd go to sams and fill up the fridge, cupboards and cabinets. spend like 600,00 and I would wake up and it looked like locusts had been there. empty stuff everywhere. pop cans all over the house half drank. but I'd do it all again.

Return to “Football”