State Championship 14-0 Kirtland v the 13-1 Ironton Fighting Tigers

caliron
Waterboy

Re: State Championship 14-0 Kirtland v the 13-1 Ironton Fighting Tigers

Post by caliron »

Big congratulations to Ironton on an epic season that we old farts followed closely from near and far. I played on the ’73 runner-up team so I feel your pain but just as that was the beginning of bigger things to come, so was this. I have to fess up that I predicted the Ironton passing game would be the difference but it turned out to be Kirtlands. It would make a great rematch. Also, thanks to the SEOPreps for running this site. It’s a great way to keep in the loop even if sometimes there is a lot of useless noise.

itown keg 77
Riding the Bench

Post by itown keg 77 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:12 pm gang, I don't understand why some are choosing to make this ugly on here. respect these kids/coaches/fans. they just had a magical year end, against perhaps the most successful program in the state currently. I'm not saying they could beat la sale or pick north. I'm saying they been to like 8 title games in 11 years. and have won 6. you would have been out of your mind thinking ironton was heading into anything less than a war. great respect shown by both sides in this games, opposing players helping each other up. nearly no turnovers or penalties from either side. coaches from both squads kept it classy. people realize ironton is back. and I think the whole southern part of the state is happy for them.

look at the support from so many school districts just on this topic alone. it proves us southern ohio fans root for their own. and will unite for a common cause. don't turn this topic into something wrong right now. we're talking about kids 15/18 years old. and right now they are crushed, and need adults to prop them up. that includes all of us. anybody making fun of ironton right now, is not or never was a fighting tiger fan. just somebody that is relishing in our suffering. so they were not a fan from the start. they must live a very shallow life and existence to find comfort in this type behavior.

coach Pendleton, I want to personally thank you and your staff and players for an amazing year of football this year and fulfilling your motto to restore the roar. and you have awakened a sleeping giant. and we wish to thank you for it. you have assembled an amazing staff/team. and we are simply so very thankful to have you and your staff. regardless of what some dipsticks are saying here, you have remained classy. now you are our AD as well. we want to thank you for being all in for ironton. and we're a better community for it. and you'll be better as a man for it as well. you're a perfect fit for tiger nation. I've followed your whole career and expected nothing less. this fighting tiger bled with ya'll last night. I felt the sorrow same as you did. but one simple fact remains, only 2 d5 schools won trophies last night, and ironton was one of them. that was a very competitive game. only losing by 10 to Kirtland. coach tiger laverde said they just beat a helluva football team. keep the magic going for yourself and your players and the fans. and thanks also to the million dollar marching band, the cheerleaders/majorettes/volunteers/drivers/fans. you all made this season magical. way more than you can imagine right now, lessons were learned last night, by the coaches and players. and they'll be better for it in the long run. life is full of changes, and years after these kids will be drawing/learning/growing from thi experience. ya'll did ironton/ovc/southern ohio proud. and we love ya for it. YTB.
Well said bait, most negative posters are not true Tiger fans.

I bleed orange & black on Fridays scarlet & gray on Saturday & brown & orange on Sundays
Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

Great season for the Tigers, made SE Ohio proud

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Paladin wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:08 pm Egos and bluster from one of the worst fan bases in the state are bitch slapped back to reality. Today is a good day. 8-)
Guessing that's what happened with your coaching days, you had to much of an ego and you got bitch slapped out the door. Gotta be tough to relive that so many times over that you feel the need to try and redeem yourself through these sites you pound your chest on like you actually have an ounce of knowledge. These teams win, you obviously never could, when you have to have a site make you feel good it's a sad sad day for you as the more I read the more I realize you're simply a sad old man getting his jollies from a group of teenagers playing a sport you couldn't coach them in and it obviously hurts a ton. I'm sorry man, just starting to truly understand the depth of your sorrow. I'll pray for you.

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

It is impressive what Pendleton has done in only 2 years.... Just goes to show that Vass had no idea what he was doing running the program.

hereforthecomments
Riding the Bench

Post by hereforthecomments »

Bleeding Red wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:16 am
Yh8awinner wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:42 am Yeah, I played the game at the burg and am going to guess you either played or you brought the boys the water. I guarantee you I made a better mark on my school than your football playing a** but should have been a trainer did. That's why you chase the Ironton threads because you have nothing in the minford threads to back your side line mouth up with.
I bet you did big guy :lol: :lol: :lol:

There are a lot of us on here that didnt go to Ironton but have close ties to Ironton. Even closer ties that we do to the schools we went to.

And why wouldn't everyone in southern Ohio get behind a local school that makes it this far?

Vladimir gave you to much credit by calling you a half witt.

I guess a few of you from Burg have so much jealousy it hurts when it comes to Ironton having success this year. Try to be one of the classy Burg fans on here and not trailer trash.
Sad that most of southern Ohio is rejoicing in the fact that they lost.

hereforthecomments
Riding the Bench

Paladin wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:08 pm Egos and bluster from one of the worst fan bases in the state are bitch slapped back to reality. Today is a good day. 8-)
Pathetic that you’re happy about a bunch of high school boys losing.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:12 pm gang, I don't understand why some are choosing to make this ugly on here. respect these kids/coaches/fans. they just had a magical year end, against perhaps the most successful program in the state currently. I'm not saying they could beat la sale or pick north. I'm saying they been to like 8 title games in 11 years. and have won 6. you would have been out of your mind thinking ironton was heading into anything less than a war. great respect shown by both sides in this games, opposing players helping each other up. nearly no turnovers or penalties from either side. coaches from both squads kept it classy. people realize ironton is back. and I think the whole southern part of the state is happy for them.

look at the support from so many school districts just on this topic alone. it proves us southern ohio fans root for their own. and will unite for a common cause. don't turn this topic into something wrong right now. we're talking about kids 15/18 years old. and right now they are crushed, and need adults to prop them up. that includes all of us. anybody making fun of ironton right now, is not or never was a fighting tiger fan. just somebody that is relishing in our suffering. so they were not a fan from the start. they must live a very shallow life and existence to find comfort in this type behavior.
Well said Bait, I for one support all area schools in the playoffs and why wouldn't I? I've watched Minford play CAPE in '85, burg in '89,'17, Ironton vs Waueson '93, Portsmouth vs Van Wert 00, Portsmouth West vs Kenton'02 all in championship games and had zero problem cheering for them. Why wouldn't you do that whe your team is out? It's not all the burg fans, but a handful that are turning burg into the type of program that Portsmouth West had a reputation of being back in the 1980s. SORE LOSERS! West really cleaned up their act when Triplett and this new coach came in a laid down the law turned them back into the Senators, but W'burg is now the new Siders. I guarantee you Ironton getting beat last night made these posters Christmas and New year.

I know Minford's RB after the burg game refused to shake hands with the burg players b/c he said after being tackled he was having his ankles, knees twisted and grabbed and punched in the groin. The first game between the two, there were more PF/ULC penalties then I saw all year. I read earlier in the year to where Waverly's Shoemaker was complaining about this behavior out of the Pirate players.

I was on the end zone sideline at the Ridgewood. Burg playoff game and when R'wood INTed at the end of the game after the whistle and Pirate player ran full speed and drilled a R'wood player square in the back and said F'you! This would have been his second PF of the game, but the ref called"Blocking in the back on the defense," so he wouldn't have to eject him. That is usually done b/c one could have been a retaliation and the Ref didn't see the whole story unfold. A 3rd PF /ULC then you're gone and will have to sit out the next game. As soon as the game was out of reach, it turned into a cheap shot contest and the Pirates players showed who they really are. Then some of their fan base wants to get on here to whine and cry when their sanctimonious arses are the worst offenders.

As long as Ironton can keep Pendleton around, they will have continued success b/c of his connections to major D-1 NCAA schools. I know I'd send mine to play for him. Unless burg can clean up their act then this type of behavior will only get worse as Ironton success grows.
Last edited by vladimir on Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
hereforthecomments
Riding the Bench

Yh8awinner wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:54 am Lol, you Ironton people crack me up! Posting "any juniors want to be a part 2020!? Are you effing kidding me!? You couldn't win it with that many 1 and dones!? I'm gonna say it's your coaching staff that can't get your kids ready and know how to prepare! Nobody does it as well as the burg!
Still mad about that week 1 loss?

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

I not sure but this might be the weakest div 5 playoff ever. I think div 6 winner would have beat either one of these teams. Neither one of these teams should have made it past week 12.

hereforthecomments
Riding the Bench

callie15 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:12 pm I not sure but this might be the weakest div 5 playoff ever. I think div 6 winner would have beat either one of these teams. Neither one of these teams should have made it past week 12.
Neither of these teams should’ve made it past week 12? Both teams steadily won all of their games before the state championship. I would love to know what teams should’ve made it to week 15.

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

Proud of them Fighting Tigers! Ironton looks like a program that is back and here to stay. Hats off to coach pendelton and his staff for bringing this program back.
Go Tigers

Flyers58
Freshman Team

Post by Flyers58 »

Just heard they are going to have a meeting of the team at the high school tonite at 7,,,,,,open to the public to meet the Tigers..................

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

hereforthecomments wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:18 pm
callie15 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:12 pm I not sure but this might be the weakest div 5 playoff ever. I think div 6 winner would have beat either one of these teams. Neither one of these teams should have made it past week 12.
Neither of these teams should’ve made it past week 12? Both teams steadily won all of their games before the state championship. I would love to know what teams should’ve made it to week 15.
Yeah, really! That's one of the craziest statements ever!

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:23 am When was Ironton on National TV?
They were on ESPN when they played CAPE back in the 80's or was it the early 90's? Hmmm

Flyers58
Freshman Team

Post by Flyers58 »

kantucky wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:54 pm
thebarlowbandit wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:23 am When was Ironton on National TV?
They were on ESPN when they played CAPE back in the 80's or was it the early 90's? Hmmm
Early 80s............
Last edited by Flyers58 on Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

kantucky wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:48 pm
hereforthecomments wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:18 pm
Yeah, really! That's one of the craziest statements ever. Kirtland is riding a 30 game winning streak. No shame to lose to that team

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats Ironton on an outstanding season, I'm sure most of Southeastern Ohio are very proud of you.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:58 pm

Might have to sick an old Coach on you and put you back in your place, just like old times lol...
I think he has to be a miserable , pompous ass of a person. juss sayin .... :roll:

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Wow! the 77 yard Ironton TD pass last night was a Div 5 record! That’s pretty darned cool!

Return to “Football”