State Championship 14-0 Kirtland v the 13-1 Ironton Fighting Tigers

kantucky
Varsity

Re: State Championship 14-0 Kirtland v the 13-1 Ironton Fighting Tigers

Post by kantucky »

512Bucki wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:13 am Only 4K in attendance from Ironton is embarrassing if that’s true.
Ironton was well represented last night by their fans. I'd say we had more than double Kirtlands and we had basically a five hour drive to get there.

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
The Regulator
Riding the Bench

Post by The Regulator »

If you are a legit college recruit why would you not want to play in Ironton where you are going to get exposure than play somewhere where the coaches don't do anything for there athletes. All the talk about transfers is so hypocritical on here. If you look at he majority of rosters in southern Ohio there are a lot of kids playing HS sports where they didn't go to in grade or middle school. A transfer is a transfer regardless of when they transferred!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Yh8awinner wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:42 am Yeah, I played the game at the burg and am going to guess you either played or you brought the boys the water. I guarantee you I made a better mark on my school than your football playing a** but should have been a trainer did. That's why you chase the Ironton threads because you have nothing in the minford threads to back your side line mouth up with.
I bet you did big guy :lol: :lol: :lol:

There are a lot of us on here that didnt go to Ironton but have close ties to Ironton. Even closer ties that we do to the schools we went to.

And why wouldn't everyone in southern Ohio get behind a local school that makes it this far?

Vladimir gave you to much credit by calling you a half witt.

I guess a few of you from Burg have so much jealousy it hurts when it comes to Ironton having success this year. Try to be one of the classy Burg fans on here and not trailer trash.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Yh8awinner wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:42 am You crack me up Vladimir! Your team couldn't beat the burg that you love so dearly in 2 tries his n a season so you just no on the Ironton train!😂😂
Its actually "so you just NOW".

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Great season Ironton, Trevon and the community. Kirtland was a buzzsaw. Ironton will be back next year as they return a ton of talent.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

The Regulator wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:33 am If you are a legit college recruit why would you not want to play in Ironton where you are going to get exposure than play somewhere where the coaches don't do anything for there athletes. All the talk about transfers is so hypocritical on here. If you look at he majority of rosters in southern Ohio there are a lot of kids playing HS sports where they didn't go to in grade or middle school. A transfer is a transfer regardless of when they transferred!
I wish everyone saw it like this people think if they have them come 7th 8th 9th grade it’s no big deal or we only got one kid not 3 argument I always hear. I went to gallipolis growing up before I moved to ironton do you know how many kids should goto south gallia and river valley but they come to gallipolis? Happens pretty much every year

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Great season Ironton!
Be proud of what you accomplished.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

MrFirstTake wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:18 am
The Regulator wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:33 am If you are a legit college recruit why would you not want to play in Ironton where you are going to get exposure than play somewhere where the coaches don't do anything for there athletes. All the talk about transfers is so hypocritical on here. If you look at he majority of rosters in southern Ohio there are a lot of kids playing HS sports where they didn't go to in grade or middle school. A transfer is a transfer regardless of when they transferred!
I wish everyone saw it like this people think if they have them come 7th 8th 9th grade it’s no big deal or we only got one kid not 3 argument I always hear. I went to gallipolis growing up before I moved to ironton do you know how many kids should goto south gallia and river valley but they come to gallipolis? Happens pretty much every year
It’s open enrollment. Blame the state for creating this. Kids can go anywhere and nothing can be done about it. Competitive balance hurts but there allowed. If a kid lives in Cleveland and wants to drive to Wheelersburg there’s nothing we can do about it. The recruit comment is ridiculous when you can enroll anywhere. Kids are networking to there friends to come play that’s not illegal. If every good kid wants to go to one school fine. Ironton being on tv probably had kids texting each other saying this is what I want to be apart of. End open enrollment if you want a fair playing field until then there’s nothing anyone can do.
Last edited by Beergogglebluez on Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

When was Ironton on National TV?

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:14 am
MrFirstTake wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:18 am
It’s open enrollment. Blame the state for creating this. Kids can go anywhere and nothing can be done about it. Competitive balance hurts but there allowed. If a kid lives in Cleveland and wants to drive to Wheelersburg there’s nothing we can do about it. The recruit comment is ridiculous when you can enroll anywhere. Kids are networking to there friends to come play that’s not illegal. If every good kid wants to go to one school fine. Ironton being on national tv probably had kids texting each other saying this is what I want to be apart of. End open enrollment if you want a fair playing field until then there’s nothing anyone can do.
I’m fine with it idc I was a kid who moved to another school I was more making a point people shouldn’t think that if a kid comes in 7th 8th grade or something that it doesn’t matter idc who play where I’m not these kids parents and I would hope they all do whatever they feel is best for them

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Beergogglebluez
SE

thebarlowbandit wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:23 am When was Ironton on National TV?
Well tv last night lol. Spectrum may be for Ohio but exposure helps

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:29 am
thebarlowbandit wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:23 am When was Ironton on National TV?
Yeah, but the poster specifically stated ‘national tv”

Beergogglebluez
SE

thebarlowbandit wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:32 am
Beergogglebluez wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:29 am
Yeah, but the poster specifically stated ‘national tv”
Yeah that was me. I changed it. I’m glad you pointed that out. Thank you.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Congratulations to Kirtland on the win, very nice Team and fans.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Congratulations to the Fighting Tigers on a great season, 13-2 and State Runner up is pretty darn good. To the Seniors, it’s been a pleasure watching and keeping up with you. You all have made Ironton proud. Good luck with your future endeavors. Once a Fighting Tigers always a Fighting Tiger.

Go Fighting Tigers.....

The Regulator
Riding the Bench

Post by The Regulator »

Does anyone know if the Jones kid is getting any looks. That kid has had a bumpy road growing up and would like to see him get the opportunity to do something with his life

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Egos and bluster from one of the worst fan bases in the state are bitch slapped back to reality. Today is a good day. 8-)

Have gun, will travel
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

gang, I don't understand why some are choosing to make this ugly on here. respect these kids/coaches/fans. they just had a magical year end, against perhaps the most successful program in the state currently. I'm not saying they could beat la sale or pick north. I'm saying they been to like 8 title games in 11 years. and have won 6. you would have been out of your mind thinking ironton was heading into anything less than a war. great respect shown by both sides in this games, opposing players helping each other up. nearly no turnovers or penalties from either side. coaches from both squads kept it classy. people realize ironton is back. and I think the whole southern part of the state is happy for them.

look at the support from so many school districts just on this topic alone. it proves us southern ohio fans root for their own. and will unite for a common cause. don't turn this topic into something wrong right now. we're talking about kids 15/18 years old. and right now they are crushed, and need adults to prop them up. that includes all of us. anybody making fun of ironton right now, is not or never was a fighting tiger fan. just somebody that is relishing in our suffering. so they were not a fan from the start. they must live a very shallow life and existence to find comfort in this type behavior.

coach Pendleton, I want to personally thank you and your staff and players for an amazing year of football this year and fulfilling your motto to restore the roar. and you have awakened a sleeping giant. and we wish to thank you for it. you have assembled an amazing staff/team. and we are simply so very thankful to have you and your staff. regardless of what some dipsticks are saying here, you have remained classy. now you are our AD as well. we want to thank you for being all in for ironton. and we're a better community for it. and you'll be better as a man for it as well. you're a perfect fit for tiger nation. I've followed your whole career and expected nothing less. this fighting tiger bled with ya'll last night. I felt the sorrow same as you did. but one simple fact remains, only 2 d5 schools won trophies last night, and ironton was one of them. that was a very competitive game. only losing by 10 to Kirtland. coach tiger laverde said they just beat a helluva football team. keep the magic going for yourself and your players and the fans. and thanks also to the million dollar marching band, the cheerleaders/majorettes/volunteers/drivers/fans. you all made this season magical. way more than you can imagine right now, lessons were learned last night, by the coaches and players. and they'll be better for it in the long run. life is full of changes, and years after these kids will be drawing/learning/growing from thi experience. ya'll did ironton/ovc/southern ohio proud. and we love ya for it. YTB.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

Ironton played 15 games wow! That's a half season more than most teams in the state. Ironton got a season and a half under their belts and the extra half season vs the best D5 competition in the state will only make them that much more experienced and prepared going into next season! Only 2 teams in D5 played 15 games! I think ironton makes another deep run next year and might see Kirtland again.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Paladin wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:08 pm Egos and bluster from one of the worst fan bases in the state are bitch slapped back to reality. Today is a good day. 8-)

Might have to sick an old Coach on you and put you back in your place, just like old times lol...
Last edited by ohbuckeye2 on Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Football”