State Championship 14-0 Kirtland v the 13-1 Ironton Fighting Tigers

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: State Championship 14-0 Kirtland v the 14-0 Ironton Fighting Tigers

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

_BlackBeard_ wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:59 am By just reading the comments in this thread will Ironton even have to show up? Everyone needs to realize Kirtland is a force, these kids are told they are not good enough to play at Mentor, This Kirtland team will play with a chip on their shoulder. Ironton is going to have to do more than show up to win. It will be a 4 quarter brawl for the Division 5 State Championship.
I believe the Coaching Staff and Players are well aware this is going to be a 4 Quarter battle. I don’t think anything posted on here is going to change their minds. This is going to be a great game, maybe the best game out of all 7 Divisions this year IMO.

Go Fighting Tigers.....

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I think it will be too buckeye. then computers use statistics and come up with assumptions as a result of certain percentages. but how can a computer measure a man's heart, drive and desire, and level of physical prowess and strength. or factor in things like turnovers and penalties.or a team flipping the field by a punt and having an opponent on their 1. the simple truth is it can't, that's why they still have to play the games on the field, instead of newspapers and computers. wonder how many people gave ironton a chance of winning the state in 1979. when ironton barely had any 200 pound linemen. and akron saint vicent saint Mary's came out looking like notre dame, and dwarfed us. and we played the state championship against asvsm in the AKRON RUBBER BOWL. how much more of a underdog can you be. yet ironton prevailed 7-6. stats mean nothing when it comes down to strapping on the equipment. ironton lost a state championship game in 1999 to Sandusky perkins, where they went for it on 4th and 1. we made the 1st down, our crowd erupted realizing they had converted and the ref spots the ball backwards a couple of yards. you can't factor that kind of nonsense into a computer.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

LET"S GO I-Town FROM MINFORD bring home the gold! This Saturday, A few of us are planning on making the trip to Canton to cheer the Tigers on. Sorry the only Orange and Black attire I have is Bengals gear, but it'll do the trick.

See ya in Canton and GO TIGER GO!!!

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

vladimir wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:10 pm LET"S GO I-Town FROM MINFORD bring home the gold! This Saturday, A few of us are planning on making the trip to Canton to cheer the Tigers on. Sorry the only Orange and Black attire I have is Bengals gear, but it'll do the trick.

See ya in Canton and GO TIGER GO!!!

True SEO High School Fan from this post!

Gotigersgo
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO GET THEM!
Last edited by Tjhtygeverve on Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

This will be an "old school" knock down drag out physical low scoring game. No fancy smancy offensive shows by either team because both are fundamentally sound and play something that has been an overall lost art at the high school thru pro levels in the last 20 or so years, DEFENSE. A lot of the young'uns will think it's boring but I see a 10-7, 17-14 type game.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Good luck to the Fighting Tigers from this Tiger, put the rest of the state on notice by having another southern ohio team win a state title.
And I recommend if anyone is getting to the hall of fame early and isn’t watching the other games to take a tour of the hall of fame. Very beautiful place filled with tons of history and little nuggets, great place spent a good 3/4 hours in when I went there

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

kantucky wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:01 am
mattash wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:52 am I'll be there. Save me a seat Kantucky
All seats are saved. You have no choice

Hope to see you there though!!

I seen some of the comments about this game and I'm wondering, seems there's some people actually think that the Ironton boys are going to be intimidated by Kirtland? Or maybe they dont even belong there? Our boys `ain't` going to be one bit afraid of anyone! I hope Kirtland does think all they'll have to do is go through the motion and then be doing flip-flops and dancing The Jig in the endzone afterwards and have nothing to worry about.

Seems like they like that song, Eye of the Tiger, well, next Saturday they can hear it all they want. They ain't doing nothing but mocking and taunting Ironton by putting that song on their highlight video. Shows me they're not giving one ounce of respect to the Tigers. That's Fighting Tigers

No. Just no.

Their head coaches' name is Tiger. The last thing you will get from Kirtland is disrespect. When we played them in 2014 it was such a clean and respectfully played game.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

countywide35 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:59 am Hopefully for one week this thread won’t be trashed talked about Ironton/Burg. For goodness sakes drop the swords for 6days. Start a thread Dec 8 2019 “Ironton/Burg 2020” and leave it out of the state championship game thread. Geez.
Why can’t they both be great teams? Both have a lot of history and wins with State championships in football and other sports and 10 miles from each other! I know true fans from both will root for the other when their team falls from the playoff road.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

All State games should be in the middle the State!!! Urban put it there and left again. Look at the southern teams or southwestern teams that travel 3-4 hours while it like home games to those up far north. Every state I’ve watch live or tv has it played at major university. Yes it’s nice pro football hall of fame but who is going to pay 15 dollars per family member 7-8 hrs trip plus eats and gas? If your kid was a player but I know families with 4-7 members

sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

Post by sapientia et veritas »

Go Tigers! Play the game of your lives and pull out the upset.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

MrFirstTake wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:15 am I’ve watched highlights from every game of Kirtland I’ve watched film on the teams they’ve played. This will be the first time they have played a team as physical as them. I’m not just a fan who looks at film and says oh they just run the ball all the time I understand how to watch film and breakdown what’s happening. I give Kirtland credit they play very well at the line of scrimmage and make virtually no mistakes but this will be the first time they play a team as physical as them
Highlights??? So all of the good plays then, heck a 3 or 4 win team can have some really good highlights. Simply doesn't show the entire picture. They beat Marie Stein for a state championship last year, they know physical. This will be an extremely physical game from both sides, you just don't do what Kirtland has done recently and are not physical and haven't played anyone physical. It's going to be tough sledding and it could come down to the team that makes that 1 mistake.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I get what your saying but 14 4-5 minute highlights you get an idea of who a team is what they like to do. I’m not saying ironton will dominate but we will see. Just don’t see any d5 teams pushing these kids around and man handling them if I’m wrong that’s ok I will live

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

MrFirstTake wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:27 pm I get what your saying but 14 4-5 minute highlights you get an idea of who a team is what they like to do. I’m not saying ironton will dominate but we will see. Just don’t see any d5 teams pushing these kids around and man handling them if I’m wrong that’s ok I will live
Oh no, I'd be shocked if either team will man handle the other. I picture this to a boxing match in that each team is going to be standing toe toe and swinging at one another. Each team is going to land their shots, I just hope in the end ironton gets that last shot in and hopefully kirtland falls. I worry about the mistakes ironton has made and Kirtland plays pretty much mistake free and they've been here plenty of times and know what it takes. Stay ahead of the chains, for ironton force them to try and pass. I've really enjoyed watching the pass defense for ironton as it's been great the last 2 weeks. I'm sure Pendleton will dip into the Michigan State scheme to stop the run and fans will see a different look then what they're used to seeing. Look for salyers to play closer to the line of scrimmage

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

With the two defenses we have heading into this game, I look for the score to be no more than 17-14. Being realistic I say its a toss up, but rooting for the Tigers to bring home the gold! This is going to be one physical game.. lots of hard hitting for all four quarters!

clbbig12
Freshman Team

Post by clbbig12 »

Does anyone know if the seating is reserved or sit where you want. Thanks and go tigers. Brink home the trophy

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

that I have no idea about. possibly all assigned seating. I have been to massilon, but it's been many years. I've never been to one at canton, ohio. so I just can't remember.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

clbbig12 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:07 pm Does anyone know if the seating is reserved or sit where you want. Thanks and go tigers. Brink home the trophy
It was general seating when I was up there in 2017.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:36 pm that I have no idea about. possibly all assigned seating. I have been to massilon, but it's been many years. I've never been to one at canton, ohio. so I just can't remember.
The schools got the tickets years ago and had seats between the 30's and everything else was General seating. It's first come General admission with the tickets not dispersed to schools nowadays and you can sit wherever you find a seat. There will be plenty of good seats and this is the last game of the weekend so a lot of casual fans around the state will go home early so they don't get home @1:00 am much like they've done for decades at the State basketball finals. Attendance is nowhere near what it was years ago in basketball or football finals.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Manwithplan
All State

Post by Manwithplan »

Kicker. wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:40 pm Good luck to the Fighting Tigers from this Tiger, put the rest of the state on notice by having another southern ohio team win a state title.
And I recommend if anyone is getting to the hall of fame early and isn’t watching the other games to take a tour of the hall of fame. Very beautiful place filled with tons of history and little nuggets, great place spent a good 3/4 hours in when I went there
You mean, the Steeler HOF?😉

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Ironton Fighting Tigers
‪DPOY: Reid Carrico‬ (LB)
‪1st Team: Seth Fosson (DL), Reid Carrico‬ (LB)
‪2nd Team: Gage Salyers (QB), Avery Book‬ (K)
‪3rd Team: Junior Jones‬ (DL)
‪HM: Noah Davidson (OL), Cameron Deere‬ (LB)

Kirtland Hornets
‪1st Team: Mason Sullivan (RB), Michael Alfieri (OL), Kaleb Stephenson (LB)
‪2nd Team: Kristian Grman (OL), Mario Rodin (K), Mike Rus (DL), Louie Loncar (LB)
‪3rd Team: Luke Gardner (RB), Joey Grazia (DB

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian

Return to “Football”