FAC expanison

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: FAC expanison

Post by greygoose »

veer wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:20 pm
greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:12 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:32 pm

Chillicothe isn't who you need to worry about leaving first, they may be planning a move or feeling out other options but my guess it would be in response to a Hillsboro or McClain departure and the pressure that would put on the FAC.
Bingo....Chillicothe isn't going anywhere unless they're forced to leave they tried the Columbus territory years back and that was terrible for them. Unioto isn't going to leave the SVC you have a better shot of the SVC expanding and breaking into 2 leagues than you do Unioto leaving. Hillsboro and McClain especially are the teams to watch if there's a departure. McClain since FAC started 3 years ago, 1-14 in league play.
Just telling you all what I have been told and my sources are credible. Choose to believe it or not. Makes no difference to me.
Everyone's sources are credible that's like the 1st line everyone uses, that and I heard it from the powers to be. If they leave makes no difference to me and I could care less honestly as I've never thought the FAC to be a stable league. Chillicothe's location and how they stack up within conference is why I question why they would leave.

veer
Freshman Team

Post by veer »

greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:23 pm
greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:12 pm

Bingo....Chillicothe isn't going anywhere unless they're forced to leave they tried the Columbus territory years back and that was terrible for them. Unioto isn't going to leave the SVC you have a better shot of the SVC expanding and breaking into 2 leagues than you do Unioto leaving. Hillsboro and McClain especially are the teams to watch if there's a departure. McClain since FAC started 3 years ago, 1-14 in league play.
Just telling you all what I have been told and my sources are credible. Choose to believe it or not. Makes no difference to me.
Everyone's sources are credible that's like the 1st line everyone uses, that and I heard it from the powers to be. If they leave makes no difference to me and I could care less honestly as I've never thought the FAC to be a stable league. Chillicothe's location and how they stack up within conference is why I question why they would leave.
Again, Im just telling the information that was given to me by my sources...

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

veer wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:31 pm
greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:23 pm

Again, Im just telling the information that was given to me by my sources...
Understandable but the one thing you haven't mentioned is what league are they going to try and go to?? Obviously that league has to vote them in wherever they're wanting to head off to.

veer
Freshman Team

Post by veer »

I was told they would be moving towards Columbus.

veer
Freshman Team

Post by veer »

I dont think it makes sense personally but that is what I was told.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

veer wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:35 pm I dont think it makes sense personally but that is what I was told.
Yeah I'm with you on that, unless it would be MSL I don't think heading to Columbus would be beneficial to them. Obviously there's more sports than just football but currently they're in a good league from a distance standpoint for them. We'll see though, did they mention when they were looking into changing it up??

veer
Freshman Team

Post by veer »

greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:40 pm
veer wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:35 pm I dont think it makes sense personally but that is what I was told.
Yeah I'm with you on that, unless it would be MSL I don't think heading to Columbus would be beneficial to them. Obviously there's more sports than just football but currently they're in a good league from a distance standpoint for them. We'll see though, did they mention when they were looking into changing it up??
Grumblings of next season...

I mean, if you look at football specifically, Chilly is Div.2 playing three very inconsistent div.4 schools in WCH, Boro, and greenfield. So they are getting no help there with wins....then you have div.3 MT who hasnt performed well in some time...I don't look for Chillicothe to beat Jackson consistently enough to justify wanting to play them every year. Idk, I don't see the FAC being a beneficial league for them moving forward if they every want to be a top notch program. Playing Jackson is the only game worth playing for them.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

This talk of the MSL is confuzzling. What is the path that puts Chillicothe in?

The only way this seems plausible is if Hamilton Twp or Liberty Union shifts into the Ohio Division. LU fits better size-wise more or less, but their identity has always been to be with Fairfield County schools. Last I heard, LU wants to stay in the Buckeye. Hamilton Twp makes kinda more sense with location, but playing a bunch of D5 and D6 (plus Harvest Prep, D7) schools in football is points suicide.

The other side to this coin, and what is making this seem unlikely, is the MSL has made a lot of changes recently and some of those changes (e.g. adding Buckeye Valley, which is north of Delaware) have whacked out the league’s geography so badly that otherwise halfway sensible intraleague shifts look implausible.
Last edited by formerfcfan on Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

veer wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:47 pm

I mean, if you look at football specifically, Chilly is Div.2 playing three very inconsistent div.4 schools in WCH, Boro, and greenfield. So they are getting no help there with wins....then you have div.3 MT who hasnt performed well in some time...I don't look for Chillicothe to beat Jackson consistently enough to justify wanting to play them every year. Idk, I don't see the FAC being a beneficial league for them moving forward if they every want to be a top notch program. Playing Jackson is the only game worth playing for them.
Maybe but last 2 years they've been 3-2 in the league so they're not really lighting it up. I get what you're saying though, with what Jackson has coming up I'll be honest I don't see anyone else winning the FAC in football for at least the next 4 years possibly.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Most likely to leave:

1. Hillsboro
2. McClain

Hillsboro is kinda grumpy acting with the league. They could fit into the SBAAC but would be the only team of the SE District (if that matters to them)

I just don’t see it. Competitively throughout the sports it solid. 4 teams have a fairly long trip to Jackson 1x a year or every other year depending on the sport. (Washington and MT are easy trips)...Jackson has 4 fairly long trips each season/2 for some sports). It’s costing us a lot for buses but most of us like the league.

McClain seems pretty chill with the league.

This topic comes up 3x a year. Maybe at some point it will fall apart and everyone can rejoice.

Man this place loves to talk about new leagues or leagues falling apart....true or not. I liked when I started the absolute dumbest new league thread ever and several buying that Marietta, Manchester, Miami Trace, Miller, Ironton and Huntington Ross were going to for the Neighborhood Athletic League lol...people actually discussed it 😂

veer
Freshman Team

Post by veer »

greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:52 pm
veer wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:47 pm

Maybe but last 2 years they've been 3-2 in the league so they're not really lighting it up. I get what you're saying though, with what Jackson has coming up I'll be honest I don't see anyone else winning the FAC in football for at least the next 4 years possibly.
Beating a 4-6 or 3-7 div.2 school looks much better than beating a 4-6 Hillsboro or 2-8 greenfield. Now as for other sports the FAC is fine. But from a football standpoint, it doesnt make sense for them. Who knows, only time will tell what will happen...Back to my original point, there needs to be 2 more schools added to the league for added stability. Unioto needs to be one of those schools. Im sure Unioto is happy where they are but they would be the best option in my opinion. VC would be a good add as well.

veer
Freshman Team

Post by veer »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:56 pm Most likely to leave:

1. Hillsboro
2. McClain

Hillsboro is kinda grumpy acting with the league. They could fit into the SBAAC but would be the only team of the SE District (if that matters to them)

I just don’t see it. Competitively throughout the sports it solid. 4 teams have a fairly long trip to Jackson 1x a year or every other year depending on the sport. (Washington and MT are easy trips)...Jackson has 4 fairly long trips each season/2 for some sports). It’s costing us a lot for buses but most of us like the league.

This topic comes up 3x a year. Maybe at some point it will fall apart and everyone can rejoice.

Man this place loves to talk about new leagues or leagues falling apart....true or not. I liked when I started the absolute dumbest new league thread ever and several buying that Marietta, Manchester, Miami Trace, Miller, Ironton and Huntington Ross were going to for the Neighborhood Athletic League lol...people actually discussed it 😂
Hillsboro is in the SW district this year. Div. 4 Region 16

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

veer wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:04 pm

1. Hillsboro
2. McClain

I think the FAC will be much more balanced next year

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

1. Hillsboro
2. McClain

Those are regions. Football yes. SBAAC is every school SW everything. Hillsboro is SE is everything but technically football.

veer
Freshman Team

Post by veer »

Poo Bear wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:09 pm

1. Hillsboro
2. McClain

I hope so...but greenfield and hillsboro will be bad. Hillsboro loses a lot and greenfield lost a big senior class. WCH will be decent and so will MT. Chilly will be much improved and Jackson is Jackson.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson is losing 3 District POY’s an all-District lineman, all-league QB, a couple 2 way starters and a bunch of depth.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Hillsboro and Greenfield are your candidates likely to leave. Both would like to go to the SVC, but that isn't happening, so it would be either the SBAAC or the FAC.

Liberty Union is rejoining the Buckeye Division in football for the 2021 season. The only potential opening in the Buckeye is if/when Teays Valley leaves for a larger league. If that happens, I could see Hamilton Township shifted to the Ohio Division. That would leave two openings, but it would be interesting if the remaining Buckeye schools could come to an agreement on who to add? I'd like to add Miami Trace and Washington Court House, but I don't see the Fairfield schools going for that. Grandview Heights needs moved out of the Ohio Division to a smaller one, but they really aren't that attractive and I don't think we want to tangle with rush hour traffic in Columbus.

It'll be interesting to see how all this shakes out.
Last edited by bman on Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

bman wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:50 pm Hillsboro and Greenfield are your candidates likely to leave. Both would like to go to the SVC, but that isn't happening, so it would be either the SBAAC or the FAC.

Liberty Union is rejoining the Buckeye Division in football for the 2020 season. The only potential opening in the Buckeye is if/when Teays Valley leaves for a larger league. If that happens, I could see Hamilton Township shifted to the Ohio Division. That would leave two openings, but it would be interesting if the remaining Buckeye schools could come to an agreement on who to add? I'd like to add Miami Trace and Washington Court House, but I don't see the Fairfield schools going for that. Grandview Heights needs moved out of the Ohio Division to a smaller one, but they really aren't that attractive and I don't think we want to tangle with rush hour traffic in Columbus.

Arbiter shows LU as playing an Ohio Division schedule next season.

The two most likely choices in your hypothetical would be a) Berne Union, b) Harvest Prep.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:25 pm
bman wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:50 pm Hillsboro and Greenfield are your candidates likely to leave. Both would like to go to the SVC, but that isn't happening, so it would be either the SBAAC or the FAC.

Liberty Union is rejoining the Buckeye Division in football for the 2020 season. The only potential opening in the Buckeye is if/when Teays Valley leaves for a larger league. If that happens, I could see Hamilton Township shifted to the Ohio Division. That would leave two openings, but it would be interesting if the remaining Buckeye schools could come to an agreement on who to add? I'd like to add Miami Trace and Washington Court House, but I don't see the Fairfield schools going for that. Grandview Heights needs moved out of the Ohio Division to a smaller one, but they really aren't that attractive and I don't think we want to tangle with rush hour traffic in Columbus.

Arbiter shows LU as playing an Ohio Division schedule next season.

The two most likely choices in your hypothetical would be a) Berne Union, b) Harvest Prep.
Sorry, my bad, it's 2021. That starts the new two-year cycle.

Neither of those choices are going to work. Berne Union has no business being in the Buckeye and the Buckeye schools don't care for Harvest Prep. Even if Berne Union wanted to come to the Buckeye, that does nothing for schools like Amanda and especially Bloom-Carroll with playoff points.

Berne Union won a district title last year in boys basketball and was defeated by the last place team in the Buckeye (Circleville) by 20 points. Logan Elm has finished toward the bottom of girls basketball and has thrashed Berne Union the last two years.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

veer wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:14 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:09 pm

I hope so...but greenfield and hillsboro will be bad. Hillsboro loses a lot and greenfield lost a big senior class. WCH will be decent and so will MT. Chilly will be much improved and Jackson is Jackson.

FAC football
3 years - 3 different champions

Can any other conference say that ?

Return to “Football”