FAC expanison

Poo Bear
SEOP

Re: FAC expanison

Post by Poo Bear »

The FAC is fine , on its 3rd year . 3 years 3 different football champs. Solid in basketball, baseball and wrestling. Chillicothe , Trace , and courthouse football teams are improving. Jackson is steady. I have a hunch it’s survives longer than the haters think.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Poo Bear wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:44 pm The FAC is fine , on its 3rd year . 3 years 3 different football champs. Solid in basketball, baseball and wrestling. Chillicothe , Trace , and courthouse football teams are improving. Jackson is steady. I have a hunch it’s survives longer than the haters think.
Amid a few rumors of possibly Hillsboro and M'Clain possibly not being happy, mayby for different reasons, do you think that the league in it's present state may even right now be looking to add a couple more schools to even make it a stronger league. I'm not saying that Boro or M'Clain are unhappy with the situation they are in at all, but just from reading a few comments might give that impression. The 4 schools that you mentioned I'm pretty sure are very happy with the FAC, and don't intend to go anywhere.

CatFoodFlambe
Waterboy

Post by CatFoodFlambe »

The Southern Buckeye League would have been much more attractive to Hillsboro and McClain before Wilmington and Clinton Massie came in - some bad blood there with the former). If the FAC did move east or north, however, I believe Hillsboro and McClain would bail for reasons other than competition. I can't see any potential for the FAC to add any additional schools on that end of league.

Circleville and LE to the FAC would be nice and a decent fit with or without Highland County, but if they left the MSL, they might be better fits in the Scioto Valley league in terms of athletics. If, however, there was that much of dissent in the MSL, think of all the solutions (for the MSL, at least) that could be realized in setting up a new MSL division with Court House and Trace joing Teays Valley, Circleville, Logan Elm, and Hamilton Township?

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

VetteMan wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:15 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:44 pm The FAC is fine , on its 3rd year . 3 years 3 different football champs. Solid in basketball, baseball and wrestling. Chillicothe , Trace , and courthouse football teams are improving. Jackson is steady. I have a hunch it’s survives longer than the haters think.
Amid a few rumors of possibly Hillsboro and M'Clain possibly not being happy, mayby for different reasons, do you think that the league in it's present state may even right now be looking to add a couple more schools to even make it a stronger league. I'm not saying that Boro or M'Clain are unhappy with the situation they are in at all, but just from reading a few comments might give that impression. The 4 schools that you mentioned I'm pretty sure are very happy with the FAC, and don't intend to go anywhere.
I don’t think the league needs to add anyone yet. It’s still in its infancy. But according to the experts on here it won’t last much longer anyways

sibibis45
JV Team

Post by sibibis45 »

I would not be surprised if the SVC does something. Bring in MIami Trace, Court House, Hillsboro, Mclain, Logan Elm, Waverly and put Unioto into a big school division with Huntington, Adena, Southeastern, Piketon, Zane Trace. Westfall, Paint Valley and add Eastern into a small division. That would leave Chillicothe and Jackson out unless the mid-state league takes Chillicothe in.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Paladin wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:13 pm FAC is in trouble. They took in Chili and Jackson, both too strong in football for this pathetic weak league. Second, it’s now far flung for travel. Between lots of travel and weak competition, many will be running for the doors shortly. No one wants to join now for these reasons. Something has to give, so you will see teams leaving shortly.
Heck yea, and to think as slow as Jackson looked on film they had enough to win that "pathetic weak league." :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

has anyone heard from a person with the real knowledge this league is having trouble and not hear say? To start out with it looked like a good league but then football seems to be the main sport and this league does look like it could be a big four and little two. The out look could be to add 2 schools to go with the little two or go to 12 and have two divisions.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

CatFoodFlambe wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:14 am The Southern Buckeye League would have been much more attractive to Hillsboro and McClain before Wilmington and Clinton Massie came in - some bad blood there with the former). If the FAC did move east or north, however, I believe Hillsboro and McClain would bail for reasons other than competition. I can't see any potential for the FAC to add any additional schools on that end of league.

Circleville and LE to the FAC would be nice and a decent fit with or without Highland County, but if they left the MSL, they might be better fits in the Scioto Valley league in terms of athletics. If, however, there was that much of dissent in the MSL, think of all the solutions (for the MSL, at least) that could be realized in setting up a new MSL division with Court House and Trace joining Teays Valley, Circleville, Logan Elm, and Hamilton Township?
That is a surprisingly unique and good idea.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

noreply66 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:31 am has anyone heard from a person with the real knowledge this league is having trouble and not hear say? To start out with it looked like a good league but then football seems to be the main sport and this league does look like it could be a big four and little two. The out look could be to add 2 schools to go with the little two or go to 12 and have two divisions.
Football gets a lot of press in the league but other sports in the Conference have been successful. Last year the in wrestling the FAC was represented by every team except Chillicothe at the State wrestling tournament. Miami Trace was regional finalist in the State Dual wrestling tournament.

Track the FAC sent athletes to state and had some state placers

GOBLUE2005
Riding the Bench

Post by GOBLUE2005 »

veer wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:47 pm
greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:40 pm
veer wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:35 pm I dont think it makes sense personally but that is what I was told.
Yeah I'm with you on that, unless it would be MSL I don't think heading to Columbus would be beneficial to them. Obviously there's more sports than just football but currently they're in a good league from a distance standpoint for them. We'll see though, did they mention when they were looking into changing it up??
Grumblings of next season...

I mean, if you look at football specifically, Chilly is Div.2 playing three very inconsistent div.4 schools in WCH, Boro, and greenfield. So they are getting no help there with wins....then you have div.3 MT who hasnt performed well in some time...I don't look for Chillicothe to beat Jackson consistently enough to justify wanting to play them every year. Idk, I don't see the FAC being a beneficial league for them moving forward if they every want to be a top notch program. Playing Jackson is the only game worth playing for them.
Very inconsistent WCH???? 3 out of 4 seasons they have went 7-3 and beat chillicothe the last 2 seasons. Seems consistent to me. They beat the teams they should and lose the games they normally lose. Should have been 8-2 9-1 a couple of times but it happens.

GOBLUE2005
Riding the Bench

Post by GOBLUE2005 »

I have heard for sometime that the league is on shaky ground. Rumors of Jackson complaining of travel time. McClain and Hillsboro not competing well in multiple sports. The league has had an open letter on the Ohsaa website for more than a year trying to expand. I think the problem they are having is if there is talk of schools already in the league wanting to leave... Why would other schools leave their conferences to join a league that may falter anyway. All I know is that if the FAC falls the fayette county schools are in trouble and would most likely have to join a columbus league like the old BAC...... and we ALL hated those drives to Columbus every week, sometime multiple times a week. WCH has failed to pass an operating levy twice this year and are now made to make over 1 Million dollars in cuts. A lot of this will be transportation to sporting events.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

GOBLUE2005 wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:00 am I have heard for sometime that the league is on shaky ground. Rumors of Jackson complaining of travel time. McClain and Hillsboro not competing well in multiple sports. The league has had an open letter on the Ohsaa website for more than a year trying to expand. I think the problem they are having is if there is talk of schools already in the league wanting to leave... Why would other schools leave their conferences to join a league that may falter anyway. All I know is that if the FAC falls the fayette county schools are in trouble and would most likely have to join a columbus league like the old BAC...... and we ALL hated those drives to Columbus every week, sometime multiple times a week. WCH has failed to pass an operating levy twice this year and are now made to make over 1 Million dollars in cuts. A lot of this will be transportation to sporting events.

Jackson does the most traveling by far and have not heard any complaints. There definitely seems there is those out there who want it to fail.

SEOP2001
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOP2001 »

I’ve never heard anyone complaining about travel time from ANY school. I’ve spoken to several folks from Hillsboro, McClain, and a couple others. All seem perfectly satisfied with the league. Only comments I’ve heard is the possible need to add some “beef” on the football side to better prepare for playoffs. Maybe that’s through adding to the league or maybe non conference scheduling. That question is above my pay grade.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

FAC is solid. All sports.

From a football standpoint they play each other from the 3rd grad to the 12th. And someone think these schools are not committed ??? Come on now.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

TD!!!

Bucks rolling !!!!

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Well

That was the correct call

Fields fumbled

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Focus

veer
JV Team

Post by veer »

GOBLUE2005 wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:56 am
veer wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:47 pm
greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:40 pm

Yeah I'm with you on that, unless it would be MSL I don't think heading to Columbus would be beneficial to them. Obviously there's more sports than just football but currently they're in a good league from a distance standpoint for them. We'll see though, did they mention when they were looking into changing it up??
Grumblings of next season...

I mean, if you look at football specifically, Chilly is Div.2 playing three very inconsistent div.4 schools in WCH, Boro, and greenfield. So they are getting no help there with wins....then you have div.3 MT who hasnt performed well in some time...I don't look for Chillicothe to beat Jackson consistently enough to justify wanting to play them every year. Idk, I don't see the FAC being a beneficial league for them moving forward if they every want to be a top notch program. Playing Jackson is the only game worth playing for them.
Very inconsistent WCH???? 3 out of 4 seasons they have went 7-3 and beat chillicothe the last 2 seasons. Seems consistent to me. They beat the teams they should and lose the games they normally lose. Should have been 8-2 9-1 a couple of times but it happens.
You are correct...Consistent at beating bad teams...Whats WCH record in those seasons vs. winning teams? When you schedule horrible teams id sure hope you beat them. Consistently missing the playoffs...pretty consistent id say. So you are correct.... :roll:

tiger85
Waterboy

Post by tiger85 »

Not the big posters you all are...but Logan should be in this league. The travel stuff is all BS. It's a smaller world guys. If one thinks SE Ohio will benefit from leveraging travel, highly mistaken. The school systems will work it out (that's their job) .. I hope you all have a great turkey day....looking very much forward to 2020 !!!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

tiger85 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:08 pm Not the big posters you all are...but Logan should be in this league. The travel stuff is all BS. It's a smaller world guys. If one thinks SE Ohio will benefit from leveraging travel, highly mistaken. The school systems will work it out (that's their job) .. I hope you all have a great turkey day....looking very much forward to 2020 !!!
You obviously have no idea what all goes into it. I mean given what you just said then please explain what happened to the SEOAL?? You had teams some teams that were 2 hrs away but by your logic the travel had nothing to do with it, so what was it then??

Return to “Football”