Officials Tiring of Unruly Behavior By Parents, Other Fans

greygoose
SEOPS

Officials Tiring of Unruly Behavior By Parents, Other Fans

Post by greygoose »

https://www.nfhs.org/articles/officials ... ther-fans/

This is the newest article that was posted at the beginning of the football season. It's a pretty interesting read and it starts directing schools to implement their own disciplinary system towards fans.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: Officials Tiring of Unruly Behavior By Parents, Other Fans

Post by Raider6309 »

There are no shortage of idiots screaming at games

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Idiots? Yelling and screaming for the fans team is fine, IMO. If it was quiet, it sure would be a boring atmosphere. Upset and completely out of control fans is another story.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:39 pm Idiots? Yelling and screaming for the fans team is fine, IMO. If it was quiet, it sure would be a boring atmosphere. Upset and completely out of control fans is another story.
Yeah you want the yelling and screaming as long as it's directed accordingly.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Especially those “farm boy” schools !

Shotgun red
Riding the Bench

Post by Shotgun red »

I agree 100% that something needs to be done about unruly fans. I want you all to be honest about this, I have been to so many games where these "hot shot" officials try so hard to put the focus on themselves. I have personally seen officials taunt fans and then toss that very same fan when the fan reacts. The game is should be about the athletes on the playing surface. I personally couldn't care less how many big time games you have refereed and I can promise you the kids playing the game don't care either. If the state wants to control this then they need to start by focusing on the individuals they give authority to.

I am not a Burrows fan but, I am a BURROW fan!
GRFan
Varsity

Post by GRFan »

I appreciate officials taking on the task. They are not perfect but need to be competent. There is one game that I thought officials let the game get out of control but overall I think they did a good job. I did see an official taunt the whole crowd at Meigs last year. Unfortunately, people remember the bad apples and don’t appreciate the ones that do a good job.

Fans yelling at kids and coaches should not be allowed.

Return to “Football”