Best Playoff Host

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Best Playoff Host

Post by greygoose »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:18 am gotta be Chillicothe.

Jackson only really takes the edge in Stadium now.
Chilli has better amenities in the city and now has the best parking situation with grade 3-6 building complete.
Jacksons stadium is much nicer but it says 'host' not stadium.
Pretty much splitting hairs honestly, Chillicothe is all back streets you have to deal with and Jackson is a straight shot out to the highway in a couple directions. I really enjoyed the instant replay at Chillicothe, have to think Jackson's visitor section holds quite a few more people and Jackson has better concessions. Went to the window at Chillicothe and there's someone standing at a table who then turns around to relay it to people in the window I should've been ordering from and only 1 person was taking orders. Parking is MUCH improved over previous years at Chillicothe for sure, can't really count city amenities if we're talking Playoff Host. Jackson has a lot more ppl involved and makes everything quicker. Once again I don't think there's to much a difference in the 2 but there's some just don't believe anyone can say hands down its one or the other. I don't worry about my belongings in the car near as much parked up on the hill at Jackson.

Flyers58
Freshman Team

Post by Flyers58 »

Jackson has my vote..........all areas, parking, stadium, ease getting in and out and lots of good eating establishments.....Chilli comes in second IMO........

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

Chilli has better amenities in the city and now has the best parking situation with grade 3-6 building complete.
Heard to argue against Chillicothe , it's my go to if the wife wants to shop or go out to eat.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Jackson.....Chillicothe is nice but fails to out do the experience Jackson provides.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

countywide35 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:57 am Jackson.....Chillicothe is nice but fails to out do the experience Jackson provides.
So much nicer without the track that is for sure. Not for sure if Jackson has it built in or not but I really liked the instant replay at Chillicothe. Think that is something Jackson should bring in.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Waverly has the edge on everyone in SEO in my opinion. Concessions, pricing, and parking have no comparison. Facilities are as good as any others but the true edge is in the food, parking, pricing, and courtesy. Jacksons parking is too bottlenecked for a rivalry game much less playoff football and the walk is not practical for elderly or young fans. Logan would be my second but not even close to waverly.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

greygoose wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:40 am

Pretty much splitting hairs honestly, Chillicothe is all back streets you have to deal with and Jackson is a straight shot out to the highway in a couple directions. I really enjoyed the instant replay at Chillicothe, have to think Jackson's visitor section holds quite a few more people and Jackson has better concessions. Went to the window at Chillicothe and there's someone standing at a table who then turns around to relay it to people in the window I should've been ordering from and only 1 person was taking orders. Parking is MUCH improved over previous years at Chillicothe for sure, can't really count city amenities if we're talking Playoff Host. Jackson has a lot more ppl involved and makes everything quicker. Once again I don't think there's to much a difference in the 2 but there's some just don't believe anyone can say hands down its one or the other. I don't worry about my belongings in the car near as much parked up on the hill at Jackson.

Try getting off on high street off 35. You're 4-5 blocks from the stadium from this highway exit. Not sure if this is how you come.
if you do, hang a right at the BP, then an immediate left. You'll run right into the stadium.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

Waverly did have a great parking and concession situation when we came up week 11.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

greygoose wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:02 pm
countywide35 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:57 am Jackson.....Chillicothe is nice but fails to out do the experience Jackson provides.
So much nicer without the track that is for sure. Not for sure if Jackson has it built in or not but I really liked the instant replay at Chillicothe. Think that is something Jackson should bring in.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Total package = Jackson

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:32 pm Total package = Jackson

That's Right!!!!

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

greygoose wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:02 pm

agreed goose...…..I see Jackson making this happen in the coming years...…..I believe Jackson did a media stint for both Ironton and Amanda-Clearcreek student/athletes for their game.....didn't have to do it but did it anyway...….great stuff....stadium, location, eateries all in all first class all the way...…..

BBALL99
Freshman Team

Post by BBALL99 »

All stadiums mentioned are great. One thing I consider also is seating. I think within reason, you should be able to seat the crowd expected.

Best seating options:
Jackson
Chillicothe
Logan
Valley

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Jackson, I've been to all the one's that have been mentioned, it's still Jackson.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I know it is small, but for food and friendliness you can't beat NY.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

noreply66 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:19 pm I know it is small, but for food and friendliness you can't beat NY.
I agree I’m ready to get there Saturday it’s been a while

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I thought I overheard someone talking about Logan had/gotten instant replay this year. Noreply? Not sure on that.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

MrFirstTake wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:34 pm
noreply66 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:19 pm I know it is small, but for food and friendliness you can't beat NY.
I like it too. Good for the fans that would rather stand too. Has the easy on the elbow tops all the way around the fence to lean on. Not many schools I've been to have those fence toppers. Nice clean looking stadium and updated nicely.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:42 pm
I like it too. Good for the fans that would rather stand too. Has the easy on the elbow tops all the way around the fence to lean on. Not many schools I've been to have those fence toppers. Nice clean looking stadium and updated nicely.
I mentioned this on another thread how I don’t mind the seating capacity much because I always stand and they bit my head off 😂 😂

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

MrFirstTake wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:51 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:42 pm

I mentioned this on another thread how I don’t mind the seating capacity much because I always stand and they bit my head off 😂 😂
Then I'm going to get bit then as well.. :lol: Let them bite, because I like standing too. :lol: I'll bite back on that preference. I always stand. I've tried the seating deal, but much rather stand and follow the ball.

Return to “Football”