State Tournament News and Notes. State Final Times and Matchups

Paladin
SEOP

Re: State Tournament News and Notes. State Final Times and Matchups

Post by Paladin »

Now 4 for 4. TM in a close one and Pick Central comes thru. Marion Local, Valley and Kirtland are tomorrows picks.

Have gun, will travel
Billy Hoyle
Waterboy

Post by Billy Hoyle »

Speaking of carrying flags, it appears Kirtland is the only remaining NE Ohio team with a shot at a title this year (Lucas will not beat ML). A shame that part of the state can't represent a little better in their own back yard...am sure our "resident" expert will weigh in as to why this is the case. Not a parochial opinion, just a fact... Go Tigers tomorrow night.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Glad you asked, Hoyle. With titles won at an all time high in NEO vs state wide, it’s rare but happens that a year like this eventually comes along. On the other hand, there are many years when, because there are so many schools in geographic NEO that some get assigned into NWO and SEO. That’s why you see Massillon, among others, playing for NWO or Youngstown Cardinal Mooney, among others, playing for SEO. Not only does NEO have more titles than anyone else, go look and see how many made the title game, including those assigned to other regions outside of geographic NEO. It’s overwhelming. That creates the acknowledgement that the best football overall is played in NEO. Also it’s why most of the P5 conferences mine this part of the state like a gold mine looking for the best football recruits. But everyone already knows that.

Have gun, will travel
Billy Hoyle
Waterboy

Post by Billy Hoyle »

Worm...meet fish. The words overwhelming does not exactly match the stats...but, ALOT more schools in the NE meaning ALOT more titles simply isnt the case. 2 of the top 5 alltime playoff champs are from NE (Iggy/Mooney), 2 typically from SW (Moeller/Marion Local), the other would be considered Central (Newark Cath.). When you include the top 10, add 2 more NE (Benedictine/SVSM), but add 3 more typically from SW regions (Coldwater, St Henry, Versailles), and 1 from NW typically (Delphos St Johns). However, the top 10 schools with the most playoff wins to NEVER win a title is a stacked trail of roadkill (6 all together) from your beloved NE...led by none other than Ma$$illon. The other 5 from the NE in that notorious top 10 are: Mentor, Cuy. Hts, Solon, Glenville and Uniontown Lake. AND (what was it you said: "glad you asked"?) on the list of schools with the most runner-ups, only 1 NE school is in the top 6 (Mogadore). So yeh, can see exactly why NE (transplanted) fans wanna thump their chest with the "WE ARE #2!" (or #3, or #4, or #8) mantra constantly. The numbers back it up, but proportionatley, they really dont. Soooo, when talking just championships, (and as you correctly stated, some of these teams DO get tossed in a different region on occassion), the SW region appears to match the NE region's "overwhelming" tally...roughly around 87 titles each. So please, if its not beneath you, try to excuse what the SW has done so far this year (3 titles and a runner up, with 1 more title likely today), and try to understand its not as "rare" as you may think...

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Ml wins. Now 5 for 5.

Have gun, will travel
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

The DIV Champ: Clyde Fliers would give Cincy Elder a game. What a complete team!

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

vladimir wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:16 pm The DIV Champ: Clyde Fliers would give Cincy Elder a game. What a complete team!
WOW! NLV lost.

What a run for Clyde.

I believe they’re from the Sandusky area and in Sandusky Perkins conference.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:29 pm
vladimir wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:16 pm The DIV Champ: Clyde Fliers would give Cincy Elder a game. What a complete team!
WOW! NLV lost.

What a run for Clyde.

I believe they’re from the Sandusky area and in Sandusky Perkins conference.
Your right about the Sandusky area and Perkins thing

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Well, my Valley pick loses but Kirtland wins as expected. I finish 6-1 on my picks. And OSU is winning. Go Bucks !

Have gun, will travel
Larry Fine
Freshman Team

Post by Larry Fine »

Paladin wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:11 pm Well, my Valley pick loses but Kirtland wins as expected. I finish 6-1 on my picks. And OSU is winning. Go Bucks !
We’ll see what your Bucks do against real competition. They play the sorry big ten , I’ll say Clemson humbles them again. The sec and Clemson are just superior

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Paladin wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:11 pm Well, my Valley pick loses but Kirtland wins as expected. I finish 6-1 on my picks. And OSU is winning. Go Bucks !
OUCH!
BUCKS BOMBARDED!

Return to “Football”