Week 13 - Ironton 24 Ridgewood 14

laser breath
Varsity

Re: Week 13 - Ironton (11-1) vs Ridgewood (12-0)

Post by laser breath »

greygoose wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:27 am
laser breath wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:48 am
Larry Fine wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:29 am

C.L. (2017), T.W. (2018), I know there is 2-3 recruits on (2019) Wheelersburg team, that’s just to name a few. So it’s ok to recruit just not 4 in one season ? You’re just mad that Ironton is doing a better job of it.
Finally! A person that’s man enough to admit it. Not mad though. Just calling like it is.

By the way, There’s zero transfers on burgs team this year that played for another varsity team last year. CL came because his mom was a teacher at burg. TW came, not sure why but you got GS. So that’s a wash. Lol
Stick to the game or start your own thread where you can bicker about pointless crap. If it happens oh well, suck it up and move on, sitting here crying and crying and crying is getting no where and this is a Ironton vs Ridgewood game talk. Talk transfers go start your own thread. Childish
I didn’t bring it up.

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Is this still correct? OhioStadium.com list Nelsonville-York’s Boston Field as seating 2,700?

Tank Stadium seats 5,200 as a comparison

http://ohiostadiums.com/stadium.php?id=1914 is the listing for NY’s field. Surely that’s not correct?

Here’s the one for Beautiful Tank Stadium
http://ohiostadiums.com/stadium.php?id=1500
Last edited by kantucky on Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

Larry Fine wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:07 pm
PirateFan[69] wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:39 am
Larry Fine wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:15 am

Burg had a good player from
Ironton last year named Wilson maybe, was he recruited ?
No it was his personal choice to leave a corrupt program.
That corrupt program plays next Saturday. Who does Burg play?
Thank you for admitting it is a corrupt program, Burg lost last Saturday and they are playing Basketball now

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

As I pointed out to a local father who’s son plays on a local team who’s received no scholarship articles despite Ironton singling him out and how to handle the kid. Had you’d brought him to Ironton, he’d had a scholarship locked up by now!

How many other kids playing on mediocre teams, who’s school really aren’t that concerned with their program, doesn’t wished they were playing at a school like Ironton now?

❤️ I love recruiting ❤️ I attempt it all the time! ❤️

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

I-TownFanatic wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:48 am I think Jones will be key to the game. He needs to get pressure on the Ridgewood QB all night. Hit him everytime. If that happens we win.
It will take much more than 1 player to win this game lol

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

kantucky wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:19 am Is this still correct? OhioStadium.com list Nelsonville-York’s Boston Field as seating 2,700?

Tank Stadium seats 5,200 as a comparison

http://ohiostadiums.com/stadium.php?id=1914 is the listing for NY’s field. Surely that’s not correct?

Here’s the one for Beautiful Tank Stadium
http://ohiostadiums.com/stadium.php?id=1500
Man I'd hope that isn't correct and they would still be hosting this deep into the playoffs.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

DaWoodSoldier wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:45 am
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:23 am Looks like rain and possibly snow Saturday, who will this benefit the most?

Go Fighting Tigers
Is this a serious question?
No, I was just kidding around. I wanted to see what kind of reaction I would get. 😜

Of course it was a serious question, since I don’t know anything about Ridgewood and what type of Offense they run.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Hopefully the precipitation will be gone. Sucks for fans.

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

Sport Fan wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:44 am
I-TownFanatic wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:48 am I think Jones will be key to the game. He needs to get pressure on the Ridgewood QB all night. Hit him everytime. If that happens we win.
It will take much more than 1 player to win this game lol
Yep...it will take a team effort defensively and offensively. Ironton has studs all over the field on both sides of the ball this year who are all capable of making a big play when needed.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Flyers58 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:44 am
FANOSPORTS wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:41 am
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:23 am Looks like rain and possibly snow Saturday, who will this benefit the most?

Go Fighting Tigers
Those of us that will be listening @ home :lol:
That be me..........with my friendly cooler close by............
Post by Flyers58 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:29 pm

Real fans go to the game......rain-snow-ice-temperature.......doesnt matter, the real fans show up and the rest can stay home and get the radio out......I am going to get my game-face on this afternoon in preparation for what is going to happen tomorrow nite.......in fact I am going to get my game face on tomorrow afternoon on the Ohio U. lot with the rest of the real fans..............safe travel for all the Wellston folks making the trip down 93 and you are going to enjoy seeing the Tank and what it represents...............get your camera ready Tucky,,,,,,,you are going to need it............
:roll: :lol:

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

I'd like to have been a fly on the wall, watching and listening while the ridgewood coaching staff watched film on ironton and talked about the best way to move the ball and stop ironton. SMH... it would have to be discouraging...

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

There’s and interview of the ridgewood coach talking about getting ready for ironton

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

MrFirstTake wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:59 pm There’s and interview of the ridgewood coach talking about getting ready for ironton
Thanks! I'll try to find it and watch it now.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

here it is george, i just watched it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1TFBzOVmXo

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

frankie wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:11 pm here it is george, i just watched it.

Thanks! I just watched it. Good interview by the coach and players. I'll be making a trip to Nelsonville York to watch this one! This should be a dandy.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

frankie wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:11 pm here it is george, i just watched it.

Good interview, “Let’s go get ready for Carrico and the boys” he says.

Go Fighting Tigers.....

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Rain. Snow. Sleet. Cold.

Hello sunny FL!!

Tigers and WLR could care less about the weather.

EZ 4 me to say...

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

frankie wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:50 pm
Flyers58 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:44 am
FANOSPORTS wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:41 am

Those of us that will be listening @ home :lol:
That be me..........with my friendly cooler close by............
Post by Flyers58 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:29 pm

Real fans go to the game......rain-snow-ice-temperature.......doesnt matter, the real fans show up and the rest can stay home and get the radio out......I am going to get my game-face on this afternoon in preparation for what is going to happen tomorrow nite.......in fact I am going to get my game face on tomorrow afternoon on the Ohio U. lot with the rest of the real fans..............safe travel for all the Wellston folks making the trip down 93 and you are going to enjoy seeing the Tank and what it represents...............get your camera ready Tucky,,,,,,,you are going to need it............
:roll: :lol:
there are those of us real fans, who'd give anything to be there. but just physically can't. and it's all health related. which I don't need to re-hash. for about 50 years I was at every ironton game there was. me and my dad, and he's in the same situation and can't go either healthwise. we have already proved we are real fans, by virtue of following them everywhere they went. and if we were not real fans we'd not bother to tune in and listen either. don't lump everybody into one neat box. you don't know anybodies reason for not being there. I would not be able to go even if they were in the state championship game. that ship has sailed for me. and it breaks my heart to not be there. but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do in the immortal words of john wayne..

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Larry Fine
Freshman Team

Post by Larry Fine »

PirateFan[69] wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:12 am
Larry Fine wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:29 am

C.L. (2017), T.W. (2018), I know there is 2-3 recruits on (2019) Wheelersburg team, that’s just to name a few. So it’s ok to recruit just not 4 in one season ? You’re just mad that Ironton is doing a better job of it.
Finally! A person that’s man enough to admit it. Not mad though. Just calling like it is.

By the way, There’s zero transfers on burgs team this year that played for another varsity team last year. CL came because his mom was a teacher at burg. TW came, not sure why but you got GS. So that’s a wash. Lol
Man isn't awesome to live in a generation where opposing teams compare teams to how well they recruit. Pay attention to how well a team coaches. For Burg this year coaching was amazing for what they were working with, whereas for Pendleton, his job was quite simple for working with a southern ohio all star team.

Woodward did a good job since he didn’t have much talent , not much coming up either. Get used to 7-3.
Now send your scouts to the scioto county youth leagues, we got a regional championship to win.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Larry Fine wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:05 pm
PirateFan[69] wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:12 am

Man isn't awesome to live in a generation where opposing teams compare teams to how well they recruit. Pay attention to how well a team coaches. For Burg this year coaching was amazing for what they were working with, whereas for Pendleton, his job was quite simple for working with a southern ohio all star team.

Woodward did a good job since he didn’t have much talent , not much coming up either. Get used to 7-3.
Now send your scouts to the scioto county youth leagues, we got a regional championship to win.
Game talk please, otherwise start your own post with this crap seems to be only about 3/4 people want to talk about it so enjoy yourself elsewhere. Otherwise let's stick with this game right here. This isn't a burg thread at all, for some reason people want to bring them into every topic.

Return to “Football”