Week 13 - Ironton 24 Ridgewood 14

MrFirstTake
SE

Re: SEOPS Playoff meet up at Nelsonville-York

Post by MrFirstTake »

Orange and Brown wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:17 am
MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:47 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:38 am I'll be pretty busy Saturday night for the most part but if anyone would like to meet up at half-time I will be more than happy to make time.
So if your coming to Boston Field Saturday and you'd like to meet up just let me know and I'll designate a spot to meet Saturday. :D
Have any suggestions on concession stand items??
Our hamburgers are pretty good. We have a BBQ bacan cheeseburger (The Buckeye Burger) that is really good.
Ok I keep hearing the food is great but have not been since 2010 And I feel I stopped somewhere to eat before the game back then

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Tripaces
Freshman Team

Post by Tripaces »

Orange and Brown wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:44 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:37 pm
bucs40 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:03 am I was just wandering, r they going to b able to handle the crowd that's expected??? Just curious, ive never been to your place.
as much as I love their stadium/atmosphere/food, it won't handle this crowd in my opinion. unless they bring in an enourmous amount of bleachers. I'd say be in line about 2 hours early. not trying to discourage anyone. but somebody from Nelsonville needs to announce how much extra seating will be added by the additional bleachers they are bringing in.

We won't be bringing in any extra seating. Bringing in little league bleachers won't work because the folks sitting in them won't be able to see anything.
Ridgewood has a small stadium and are used to standing and don't mind it (according to their AD), Ironton played at NY 3 times a they fit just fine. Lots of people prefer to stand and their is plenty of room for that.

Y'all are in the regional finals. Just be happy you are still playing. Coach Pendalton and his staff came down yesterday and they don't have any issues with our place.
I promise we will treat y'all good and both teams will be well taken care of.
How close to the field do you stand and is bringing chairs a good idea

Tripaces
Freshman Team

Re: Week 13 - Ironton (11-1) vs Ridgewood (12-0)

Post by Tripaces »

Flyers58 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:46 am
Rockwilder wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:54 pm Do Ironton fans shake the milk jugs like the burg fans do?
no
You might wanna rephrase that

Tripaces
Freshman Team

Post by Tripaces »

100% chance of rain on Saturday, low in the 30’s . I think that is a advantage to Ironton they are super physical and if the rain makes Ridgewood more one dimensional it will be a long night for them

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Tripaces wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:12 am

as much as I love their stadium/atmosphere/food, it won't handle this crowd in my opinion. unless they bring in an enourmous amount of bleachers. I'd say be in line about 2 hours early. not trying to discourage anyone. but somebody from Nelsonville needs to announce how much extra seating will be added by the additional bleachers they are bringing in.

We won't be bringing in any extra seating. Bringing in little league bleachers won't work because the folks sitting in them won't be able to see anything.
Ridgewood has a small stadium and are used to standing and don't mind it (according to their AD), Ironton played at NY 3 times a they fit just fine. Lots of people prefer to stand and their is plenty of room for that.

Y'all are in the regional finals. Just be happy you are still playing. Coach Pendalton and his staff came down yesterday and they don't have any issues with our place.
How close to the field do you stand and is bringing chairs a good idea
You will be separated by a track. If you stand on the home side it is elevated by the concession stand and I know a lot of folks who prefer to stand there than sit.
I can't imagine someone being able to see through the fence sitting in a chair.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
BRabbit
Waterboy

Post by BRabbit »

Rain may potentially make Ridgewood more one dimensional in some regards but I read an article earlier posted in this thread that said Amanda rushed for 200 last week and 132 of that was the qb. I think woods running attack is much better than AC after watching the tape... Tingle and company can do more than just wing it around. Looking forward to tomorrow. See you all there.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Tripaces wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:20 am
Flyers58 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:46 am
Rockwilder wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:54 pm Do Ironton fans shake the milk jugs like the burg fans do?
no
You might wanna rephrase that
OH SNAP, THAT JUST HAPPENED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAYBE WE DO THEN. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Tripaces
Freshman Team

Post by Tripaces »

BRabbit wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:38 am Rain may potentially make Ridgewood more one dimensional in some regards but I read an article earlier posted in this thread that said Amanda rushed for 200 last week and 132 of that was the qb. I think woods running attack is much better than AC after watching the tape... Tingle and company can do more than just wing it around. Looking forward to tomorrow. See you all there.
Amanda’s QB was a really good runner and still only had one decent run , i don’t think Ridgewood will have enough success running the ball against Ironton to win , the Tigers are built for that type of game

Rockwilder
Waterboy

Post by Rockwilder »

Tripaces wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:22 am 100% chance of rain on Saturday, low in the 30’s . I think that is a advantage to Ironton they are super physical and if the rain makes Ridgewood more one dimensional it will be a long night for them
From what I'm reading and hearing, it seems as though Ridgewood is being pegged as one dimensional. If I'm not mistaken, the Tingle boy has rushed for in the 800yd range and they seem to have some very capable running backs to tot the rock. Do they want to make a living out of running it every down, no, but I wouldn't sell their running game short. If they jump out on the Tigers early, it may hurt the Tigers if they are run heavy and milk the clock. I also read earlier in this thread where the Tigers turn the ball over a lot. The weather could make turning the ball over more of an issue. I'm looking forward to a great game on Saturday night!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

If I remember right, the last time the Fighting Tigers played in the rain they didn’t have any turnovers.

footballfreak
Waterboy

Post by footballfreak »

bucs40 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:03 am I was just wandering, r they going to b able to handle the crowd that's expected??? Just curious, ive never been to your place.

Ironton I believe has two pep buses already . The stands will be packed. Jackson was pretty packed last week and their capacity is 6000. A little worried about the seating

Rockwilder
Waterboy

Post by Rockwilder »

From what I'm gathering, Ridgewood's home stadium seats around 2500 and some change. People I've talked to say they pack that place every home football game. Those who don't have a seat in the stands, stand around the fence around their track. I've heard their AD and coaches are ecstatic about playing at Boston Field. From what I'm hearing, they love the character of the stadium and the fact that people will be sitting/standing everywhere. In the end, it's not about the fans or coaches. It's about the experience for the young men playing in the game. Me personally, I'd much rather play in a "smaller" stadium that is packed, than one that seats 8000 that looks empty. Reports I heard from Ridgewood's AD was how impressed he was with Nelsonville's coach and superintendent whom he had the opportunity to meet when they visited. He left me with the impression that Nelsonville is going to any and everything to accommodate all. What more could you ask for?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:30 am If I remember right, the last time the Fighting Tigers played in the rain they didn’t have any turnovers.
Turnovers are a part of the game. I think the rain will be gone though by kick off. Going to be chilly. Ironton must capitalize on long scoring drives and field position. That will be the key.

hammer89
Freshman Team

Post by hammer89 »

I hope the Tigers are thinking the weather will give them an advantage. Rain is not that big of a deal for passing teams as long as the balls are kept dry, unless we are talking about a monsoon. Wind is a much bigger issue for passing than rain is. And as stated by other posters, the Wood is more than capable of running the ball. Remember they ran the Wing T for years and all of their coaches know that offense like the back of their hand.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

^^^^place to sit.

Tripaces
Freshman Team

Post by Tripaces »

hammer89 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:11 am I hope the Tigers are thinking the weather will give them an advantage. Rain is not that big of a deal for passing teams as long as the balls are kept dry, unless we are talking about a monsoon. Wind is a much bigger issue for passing than rain is. And as stated by other posters, the Wood is more than capable of running the ball. Remember they ran the Wing T for years and all of their coaches know that offense like the back of their hand.
Rain and 30’s absolutely effects the passing game, maybe rain and 50’s not so much , and as far as the “ tigers thinking it will help them” I can promise you the team is not looking for a helping hand from Mother Nature , the comment about rain was made by me , a fan , a dad who won’t be taking any snaps tomorrow night

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Rockwilder wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:22 am
Tripaces wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:22 am 100% chance of rain on Saturday, low in the 30’s . I think that is a advantage to Ironton they are super physical and if the rain makes Ridgewood more one dimensional it will be a long night for them
From what I'm reading and hearing, it seems as though Ridgewood is being pegged as one dimensional. If I'm not mistaken, the Tingle boy has rushed for in the 800yd range and they seem to have some very capable running backs to tot the rock. Do they want to make a living out of running it every down, no, but I wouldn't sell their running game short. If they jump out on the Tigers early, it may hurt the Tigers if they are run heavy and milk the clock. I also read earlier in this thread where the Tigers turn the ball over a lot. The weather could make turning the ball over more of an issue. I'm looking forward to a great game on Saturday night!
Stop Tingle and you stop Ridgewood!

Burg grad 85
OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

Good god a bunch of crybabies 😅 there’s nowhere to put extra bleacher that would allow anybody below the top 2 rows to see the game. Jackson WASNT as “packed” as some of you are saying, I was there and was disappointed in the attendance. And like I said before, and another poster mentioned, if it is a packed house/standing room only, then great! That’s an awesome experience and atmosphere for those kids! Parking will be fine the parking lot is huge and it won’t hurt any of your cars to park in grass if need be. Should be a good game, NY will be an excellent host to you whiners lol

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

The old military saying of " _ _ _hole to bellybutton" will be alive and well probably 3 deep along the fence in this one unless the weather is so bad the casual fans from around the surrounding counties stay home. If not, get ready to play pinball with bodies everyway you turn. I have been there for a few games over the years (last one probably 5 yr ago) and the regular parking lot out front fills up quickly so it would behoove most people to get there early and it's quite a good distance from the front of the bldg. to the field if you've got handicapped or older folks with you. The visitor bleachers are nowhere near enough for a Regional final game IMO. It's a very nice field and coming off the bypass beats going thru town and going out 78 years ago which is good.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Facts, and figures. Jackson's stadium seats 6,000. I estimate there were around 4,500 there. Amanda didn't come that big but I firmly believe Ridgewood will be there in mass.

NY's Boston field seats, 2,825...many aren't going to be there tomorrow night over this. It's a long drive, cold and rainy and seating is very limited. I hate that, both schools deserve an adequate sized stadium

It's great if you're young and healthy to grab a place on the fence. In my opinion, OHSAA should be there and give partial refunds to anyone who doesn't have an eight dollar seat.

Tomorrow, I have been offered (for free) great Ohio State seats. I could go there, see OSU play and then drive to Nelsonville and stand at the fence and see my Fighting Tigers play...trouble is? I'm not made that way anymore...while I'm very thankful to have lived long enough to have graying hair and a white beard, it's still taken it's toll on me.

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!

Return to “Football”