Week 13 - Ironton 24 Ridgewood 14

hereforthecomments
Riding the Bench

Re: Week 13 - Ironton (11-1) vs Ridgewood (12-0)

Post by hereforthecomments »

Falcon01 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:19 pm
laser breath wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:04 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:36 pm guys this is demeaning to both teams involved having these conversations. and it cheapens and takes away from the game. I've seen tons of fighting tigers fan at other teams games when ironton wasn't playing, or had been beaten. why can't we just come together as southern ohio football fans and get behind the lone team still playing. that is the way it should be. open enrollment is happening in every school in the state, for pete's sake. I for one wanna talk about the ironton/ridgewood game. not read 6 pages in a row about recruiting.ironton has an amazing magical season going. don't cheapen it here talking about nonsense. this kids and coaches have earned this through hard work. and frankly deserve more respect and attention to their accomplishments than this. I'm getting very excited about this one. I only wished I could be there, instead of just being tuned in. but I dang skippy will have my ears on.
It’s not diminishing anything. It’s why your team is who they are. They are a lot better with those kids on the field. Sure they worked hard but I get sick of the excuses of why they are there. “It’s open enrollment” “it’s to be recognized” blah blah blah... it’s a stacked team. Anyone with common sense can see it. It was orchestrated and planned out. They want to win it all.
Open enrollment is also legal.. 20 pages of post and 75% of trash. I'd like to actually read about the game and both teams, but there's been little to none of that.
Tends to be the situation on most threads. People get on and start pushing narratives instead of talking about the actual game.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

go ironton!
Last edited by MrFirstTake on Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:36 pm guys this is demeaning to both teams involved having these conversations. and it cheapens and takes away from the game. I've seen tons of fighting tigers fan at other teams games when ironton wasn't playing, or had been beaten. why can't we just come together as southern ohio football fans and get behind the lone team still playing. that is the way it should be. open enrollment is happening in every school in the state, for pete's sake. I for one wanna talk about the ironton/ridgewood game. not read 6 pages in a row about recruiting.ironton has an amazing magical season going. don't cheapen it here talking about nonsense. this kids and coaches have earned this through hard work. and frankly deserve more respect and attention to their accomplishments than this. I'm getting very excited about this one. I only wished I could be there, instead of just being tuned in. but I dang skippy will have my ears on.
It’s not diminishing anything. It’s why your team is who they are. They are a lot better with those kids on the field. Sure they worked hard but I get sick of the excuses of why they are there. “It’s open enrollment” “it’s to be recognized” blah blah blah... it’s a stacked team. Anyone with common sense can see it. It was orchestrated and planned out. They want to win it all.
Just shut it and go elsewhere if you have nothing to offer from a conversation standpoint as it pertains to this game.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

MrFirstTake wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:23 pm Like I said if irontons best defensive player didn’t move to wheelersburg last year they go 9-1 easy and the burg game is closer than 28-7 and they all know it
Who cares...………let it go and talk about the game

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

GO IRONTON!!!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:24 pm
MrFirstTake wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:23 pm Like I said if irontons best defensive player didn’t move to wheelersburg last year they go 9-1 easy and the burg game is closer than 28-7 and they all know it
I know you said let it go but why did he leave Ironton?

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I really just wish it was Saturday already for sure. I’m ready to see people get hit

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:32 pm
greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:24 pm
I know you said let it go but why did he leave Ironton?
Doesn't matter, someone wants to know I'm sure they can ask him and not speculate and throw out mindless opinions on something. Simply ask the young man and be done, Ironton vs Ridgewood for the regional championship game it's Tuesday...….who's got their tickets already??

Tripaces
Freshman Team

Post by Tripaces »

The state was called so many times on my son I think he had his own hotline , I’m sorry that it didn’t work for those who called we did everything the right way just like the others it’s pretty sad actually that adults try and make up lies on KIDS and try to keep KIDS from playing sports

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

Ridgewoods line looks small to me. I know most will disagree but i really do think ironton will power through Ridgewood. I can't see anyway possible they stop ironton. I think Ridgewood is in for a long night. I think this gets ugly for ridgewood. Best team they have played is wheelersburg in my opinion. I don't see wood moving the ball very effectively on that ironton defense. Bad matchup for wood in my opinion. I'm taking Tigers by 3 touchdowns.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I think they can move the ball on ironton, ironton just has to make sure when the play presents itself to be made they make it including taking them down on first contact make them earn every yard and don’t give them extra offensive possesions

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Tripaces wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:39 pm The state was called so many times on my son I think he had his own hotline , I’m sorry that it didn’t work for those who called we did everything the right way just like the others it’s pretty sad actually that adults try and make up lies on KIDS and try to keep KIDS from playing sports
I think they have at least 2 kids 250+

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:40 pm Ridgewoods line looks small to me. I know most will disagree but i really do think ironton will power through Ridgewood. I can't see anyway possible they stop ironton. I think Ridgewood is in for a long night. I think this gets ugly for ridgewood. Best team they have played is wheelersburg in my opinion. I don't see wood moving the ball very effectively on that ironton defense. Bad matchup for wood in my opinion. I'm taking Tigers by 3 touchdowns.
Very well could be true, I have no idea about all of the opponents Ridgewood has played in terms of style of offense. Ironton's power game is probably toughest Ridgewood has faced to date but I have no idea if they've even faced a straight ahead running team. Likewise Ironton's defense hasn't faced anything like the Ridgewood offense, one thing is for certain something has to give. Rooting for SEO and want to see Ironton win but still thinking Ridgewood comes out with the victory.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Best running game team ridgewood has played IMO is Indian valley but I don’t feel like they have the horses ironton have also don’t think there Qb is as good

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

doesn't every team try to win it all each year. if you're not, why play.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:40 pm Ridgewoods line looks small to me. I know most will disagree but i really do think ironton will power through Ridgewood. I can't see anyway possible they stop ironton. I think Ridgewood is in for a long night. I think this gets ugly for ridgewood. Best team they have played is wheelersburg in my opinion. I don't see wood moving the ball very effectively on that ironton defense. Bad matchup for wood in my opinion. I'm taking Tigers by 3 touchdowns.
don't let that fool ya georgie. I remember a 79 ''fighting tiger'' team with probably the smallest line I ever remember seeing for an ironton team. and they went to the akron rubber bowl, and upset the akron saint Vincent saint Mary's irish team for their 1st state total. they were quick and aggressive and stuck with their blocks. meanwhile asvsm looked like notre dame coming out of the locker room, they were huge. ironton defeated them 7-6. look at the service academies, always undersized linemen. yet they generally lead the country rushing every year. it's more about fundamentals and execution at the high school level. and then sometimes you run into a huge team, and they are taught sound fundamentals and execute well, then you got a problem. and ironton has huge backs and a dual threat qb. and an amazing defense. limit turnovers and penalties they can play with anyone their size.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:22 pm
don't let that fool ya georgie. I remember a 79 ''fighting tiger'' team with probably the smallest line I ever remember seeing for an ironton team. and they went to the akron rubber bowl, and upset the akron saint Vincent saint Mary's irish team for their 1st state total. they were quick and aggressive and stuck with their blocks. meanwhile asvsm looked like notre dame coming out of the locker room, they were huge. ironton defeated them 7-6. look at the service academies, always undersized linemen. yet they generally lead the country rushing every year. it's more about fundamentals and execution at the high school level. and then sometimes you run into a huge team, and they are taught sound fundamentals and execute well, then you got a problem. and ironton has huge backs and a dual threat qb. and an amazing defense. limit turnovers and penalties they can play with anyone their size.
Yep, Jackson just got put out of the playoffs by what I thought was a smaller Alder team. Offensively they had a couple nice size boys on the line but defensive line wasn't big. Simply faster and got after it each play and Jackson was unable to run the ball effectively enough to maintain drives.

Tripaces
Freshman Team

Post by Tripaces »

ironton needs to do what Ironton does , stay aggressive and use mike Tyson’s psychology everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face..

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:29 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:22 pm
Yep, Jackson just got put out of the playoffs by what I thought was a smaller Alder team. Offensively they had a couple nice size boys on the line but defensive line wasn't big. Simply faster and got after it each play and Jackson was unable to run the ball effectively enough to maintain drives.
Not true at all. Alder was a good bit bigger up
Front. Jackson had one of the smaller lines they’ve every had this year. Most kids under 220. Probably smaller than almost everyone on the schedule

DaWoodSoldier
Riding the Bench

Post by DaWoodSoldier »

First of all Ridgewood has punted more than 5 times...they punted 4 in Garaway game alone and twice last week, I’d say it’s closer to 10 times.
Wood will need to make plays when presented and will need to be able to put some longer drives together as well. Points haven’t come easy against Ironton defense. Ridgewood can and will attempt to run the football, albeit won’t be in same fashion as Ironton. With that said Wood will attempt to attack through the air. They will throw it to all parts of the field, screens play action and are not afraid to take shots downfield. Wood will go as the QB goes, he has weapons to help him and oline has been solid. They aren’t the biggest but not small. Tackles are 250lbs and 290lbs. Guards are 220lbs, 245 lbs and 210lbs (they rotate a few kids there) center is 225lbs.
Defensively the front 4 is their strength, especially at the DT position. Twin brothers who are a force inside about 6,1 290 lbs and 270lbs. Defensive ends are solid as well. Linebackers are little undersized but run well and solid in space. Back end is young but have gotten better with each game.
Either team is capable of winning, gonna come down to execution, effort, physicality, special teams play and turnovers, as is the case in most football games between 2 good teams.

Return to “Football”