Week 13 - Ironton 24 Ridgewood 14

MrFirstTake
SE

Re: Week 13 - Ironton (11-1) vs Ridgewood (12-0)

Post by MrFirstTake »

Like I said the way I see it 2 of the 4 kids grew up playing in irontons systems in jr high and little league so I don’t see the big deal??

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Either way I think ironton takes care of the ball better this week, just need to make sure they make Ridgewood work for there tds and don’t let them score quick and they have a better chance of winning a low scoring game

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

MrFirstTake wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:31 pm Either way I think ironton takes care of the ball better this week, just need to make sure they make Ridgewood work for there tds and don’t let them score quick and they have a better chance of winning a low scoring game
I think this is one where the 1st quarter will be HUGE, Ridgewood hasn't played a close game yet all season and as mentioned only punted some 5 times this year. If Ironton can control the tempo early and limit Ridgewood, how will they respond?? If Ridgewood is able to put up a quick touchdown or 2 it will pump up the defense and get them rolling.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Yeah but if they do get down they have to make sure to hold onto the football, or it will be difficult to come back I feel ironton can sustain long drives and control the clock they just can’t turn it over

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

MrFirstTake wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:39 pm Yeah but if they do get down they have to make sure to hold onto the football, or it will be difficult to come back I feel ironton can sustain long drives and control the clock they just can’t turn it over
Absolutely it's that way with any offense like Ridgewood, you simply can't give them more opportunities to score points by turning it over or by having penalties that stop drives and punt the ball away to quickly.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Make sure they wrap up also because #9 breaks a lot of tackles and there qb is elusive and breaks first contact a lot also

Larry Fine
Freshman Team

Post by Larry Fine »

PirateFan[69] wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:39 am
Larry Fine wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:15 am
PirateFan[69] wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:06 am

Alright Frankie, that's enough of that. Don't worry, while we're hitting the tackling dummies and working harder than ever this offseason, Ironton and their scouts can go pick up some new material for next season.
Burg had a good player from
Ironton last year named Wilson maybe, was he recruited ?
No it was his personal choice to leave a corrupt program.
That corrupt program plays next Saturday. Who does Burg play?

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

What media is covering this game? What Radio stations will be covering, and will it be televised?

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

1240 and 1420 fox sports radio on iHeartRadio radio

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

guys this is demeaning to both teams involved having these conversations. and it cheapens and takes away from the game. I've seen tons of fighting tigers fan at other teams games when ironton wasn't playing, or had been beaten. why can't we just come together as southern ohio football fans and get behind the lone team still playing. that is the way it should be. open enrollment is happening in every school in the state, for pete's sake. I for one wanna talk about the ironton/ridgewood game. not read 6 pages in a row about recruiting.ironton has an amazing magical season going. don't cheapen it here talking about nonsense. this kids and coaches have earned this through hard work. and frankly deserve more respect and attention to their accomplishments than this. I'm getting very excited about this one. I only wished I could be there, instead of just being tuned in. but I dang skippy will have my ears on.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:37 pm
MrFirstTake wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:31 pm Either way I think ironton takes care of the ball better this week, just need to make sure they make Ridgewood work for there tds and don’t let them score quick and they have a better chance of winning a low scoring game
I think this is one where the 1st quarter will be HUGE, Ridgewood hasn't played a close game yet all season and as mentioned only punted some 5 times this year. If Ironton can control the tempo early and limit Ridgewood, how will they respond?? If Ridgewood is able to put up a quick touchdown or 2 it will pump up the defense and get them rolling.

They have had a close game in the first half. It was against a Rival school & a very good one.
Watch this if you haven’t already.
They’ve had some pressure & it took time to adjust and then they exploded.
They haven’t been pushed to perform after halftime like the Tigers have (Russell/AshLand).
This will either work on Ironton’s Behalf or not.
WLR, is very good!

https://youtu.be/AXUNHoRwNrI

GoTigersGo
!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

MrFirstTake wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:54 pm Make sure they wrap up also because #9 breaks a lot of tackles and there qb is elusive and breaks first contact a lot also
Is #9 playing for RW? He took a pretty good shot to the back against Burg in the first quarter and never returned. They didn't miss a beat though as 34 filled in for him nicely.

Like I had said earlier, this will be the best team either of them has faced all year. Can Ironton slow RW down and not give up the big play? Can Ironton control the ball and the clock and wear RW's defense down?

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:36 pm guys this is demeaning to both teams involved having these conversations. and it cheapens and takes away from the game. I've seen tons of fighting tigers fan at other teams games when ironton wasn't playing, or had been beaten. why can't we just come together as southern ohio football fans and get behind the lone team still playing. that is the way it should be. open enrollment is happening in every school in the state, for pete's sake. I for one wanna talk about the ironton/ridgewood game. not read 6 pages in a row about recruiting.ironton has an amazing magical season going. don't cheapen it here talking about nonsense. this kids and coaches have earned this through hard work. and frankly deserve more respect and attention to their accomplishments than this. I'm getting very excited about this one. I only wished I could be there, instead of just being tuned in. but I dang skippy will have my ears on.
It’s not diminishing anything. It’s why your team is who they are. They are a lot better with those kids on the field. Sure they worked hard but I get sick of the excuses of why they are there. “It’s open enrollment” “it’s to be recognized” blah blah blah... it’s a stacked team. Anyone with common sense can see it. It was orchestrated and planned out. They want to win it all.

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

Larry Fine wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:07 pm
PirateFan[69] wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:39 am
Larry Fine wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:15 am

Burg had a good player from
Ironton last year named Wilson maybe, was he recruited ?
No it was his personal choice to leave a corrupt program.
That corrupt program plays next Saturday. Who does Burg play?
I believe we scrimmage at east carter. 1pm. If your interested. Lewis county. I believe 😊

hereforthecomments
Riding the Bench

Post by hereforthecomments »

Sport Fan wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:27 pm
hereforthecomments wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:26 pm
laser breath wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:12 am Ironton got kids to come this year. Call it recruiting because that’s what it was but It’s over and done with. They loaded up for a run. Let’s see if they can pull it off.
Every thread about Ironton, you’re on it, pushing this bs recruiting narrative. Don’t you ever get tired?
What are your thoughts on this game then??
Why should it matter to you? You’re also one of the ones who gets onto this thread to push the recruiting narrative. I’m rooting for the Tigers.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:56 pm
greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:37 pm

They have had a close game in the first half. It was against a Rival school & a very good one.
Watch this if you haven’t already.
They’ve had some pressure & it took time to adjust and then they exploded.
They haven’t been pushed to perform after halftime like the Tigers have (Russell/AshLand).
This will either work on Ironton’s Behalf or not.
WLR, is very good!

https://youtu.be/AXUNHoRwNrI

GoTigersGo
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kind of goes to what I was saying, if Ridgewood is able to get a quick score or 2 you can just see the defense pick it up and bigger plays come faster. Ironton will have to control the clock and game play from start to finish in this one for them to have a shot

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

laser breath wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:12 am Ironton got kids to come this year. Call it recruiting because that’s what it was but It’s over and done with. They loaded up for a run. Let’s see if they can pull it off.
To sit here and listen to a W'burg fan whine and cry about this subject that has to be one of the most hilarious things I've ever heard! Y'all been doing this for decades remember Chad Reinhardt and Mathany(SP)? Burg tried even tried to get a few Minford kids this year.

What y'all do is have some of your alumni that own restaurants/ businesses call these families and offer them free meals/ services anytime they want during the season if they come play for the Pirates. Then when called out, you say, "Well these kids want to be a part of a winning program." Also, your AD is notorious for scheduling Burg football alumni to officiate league games. If y'all don't want to be accused of this crap, then why put yourselves in this situation in the first place?

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

laser breath wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:04 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:36 pm guys this is demeaning to both teams involved having these conversations. and it cheapens and takes away from the game. I've seen tons of fighting tigers fan at other teams games when ironton wasn't playing, or had been beaten. why can't we just come together as southern ohio football fans and get behind the lone team still playing. that is the way it should be. open enrollment is happening in every school in the state, for pete's sake. I for one wanna talk about the ironton/ridgewood game. not read 6 pages in a row about recruiting.ironton has an amazing magical season going. don't cheapen it here talking about nonsense. this kids and coaches have earned this through hard work. and frankly deserve more respect and attention to their accomplishments than this. I'm getting very excited about this one. I only wished I could be there, instead of just being tuned in. but I dang skippy will have my ears on.
It’s not diminishing anything. It’s why your team is who they are. They are a lot better with those kids on the field. Sure they worked hard but I get sick of the excuses of why they are there. “It’s open enrollment” “it’s to be recognized” blah blah blah... it’s a stacked team. Anyone with common sense can see it. It was orchestrated and planned out. They want to win it all.
Open enrollment is also legal.. 20 pages of posts and 75% of it is trash. I'd like to actually read about the game and both teams, but there's been little to none of that.
Last edited by Falcon01 on Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hereforthecomments
Riding the Bench

Post by hereforthecomments »

laser breath wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:04 pm
The Tigers got laser a little frustrated, I see.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Remember these names when they make it this far next year. Laser breathe is probably the guy who told on Chase Young 😂

Return to “Football”