Week 13 - Ironton 24 Ridgewood 14

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Re: Week 13 - Ironton (11-1) vs Ridgewood (12-0)

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:24 pm
MrFirstTake wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:21 pm I know Salyers was good. I just think Giorgio was comparing a good ironton team vs good Qb that’s why I was thinking Logan and angle because those ironton teams were pretty good not great but good
Yes!!! Exactly! I'm not trying to take anything away from Salyers, the young man got it done! But Nate Davis played in the NFL! COME ON MAN!
Wow! IDKT!
Pro Sports Bore me.
Love the Tigers and Bucks,Though!

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:47 pm
MrFirstTake wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:21 pm I know Salyers was good. I just think Giorgio was comparing a good ironton team vs good Qb that’s why I was thinking Logan and angle because those ironton teams were pretty good not great but good
Yes!!! Exactly! I'm not trying to take anything away from Salyers, the young man got it done! But Nate Davis played in the NFL! COME ON MAN!
Wow! IDKT!
Pro Sports Bore me.
Nate Davis broke every passing record in existence at Ball State University too, and older brother Jose I believe holds all the Kent State passing records. Nate was MAC offensive player of the year in 2008 and finished with a 12-2 record and 8-0 in the MAC West. Started at QB all 3 years he was there before going to the NFL.

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

I'm guessing the only reason Jose didn't get drafted was his height. Jose and Bellaire lost 2 consecutive state championship games in 1995 and 1996 to Versailles and German Town Valley View. I remember that because ironton lost back to back in 1992 and 1993 to Mentor lake Catholic and Wauseon.
Last edited by Giorgio Tsoukalous on Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

With all this talk about the winner of this game having a good chance to win a state final, it's bringing back lots of memories of the 79,88,89,92,93,and 99 teams. So many great teams, so many great players, so many great memories, and so many great stories. I'm sure ironton would love to add 2019 to the list. I was too young to remember much about the teams before 79.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:36 pm I'm guessing the only reason Jose didn't get drafted was his height. Jose land Bellaire lost 2 consecutive state championship games in 1995 and 1996 to Versailles and German Town Valley View. I remember that because ironton lost back to back in 1992 and 1993 to Mentor lake Catholic and Wauseon.
I remember driving to Bellaire for one of the regular season matchups on a Saturday, all by my lonesome. My cousin played for the FighTing Tigers then.

We got booted out of the stadium that Saturday afternoon by one of those Davis brothers (Jose, I believe as this would’ve been the early to mid 1990’s)

He picked our secondary apart. The Tigers looked like they had no clue what to do playing in the middle of the afternoon.

I think it was the year our QB was a Wylie & we made the final four and lost to Versailles in a nail bitter at Dayton Welcome Stadium. Someone, correct me if I’m wrong.

It’s been a minute, but I think I’ve got that straight (dates/QB’s/team/s and how far we made it.

They were a good set of QB’s to have at Bellaire. I didn’t realize Jose was a coach at Bellaire for a while either, until I just read wiki about it!

Many awesome memories being a tiger fan!

Anyway, Looking forward for the Tigers approach to handling WLR!!

Tigers can DO IT!!

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:36 pm I'm guessing the only reason Jose didn't get drafted was his height. Jose and Bellaire lost 2 consecutive state championship games in 1995 and 1996 to Versailles and German Town Valley View. I remember that because ironton lost back to back in 1992 and 1993 to Mentor lake Catholic and Wauseon.
Mentor Lake a Catholic (Joe Jereviscius)

Wauseon... UGH!!!

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:47 pm This game has the same setup as when Burg played Germantown Valley View, who had a great QB named Strayer. He tore Burg apart the week before in the playoffs. The next week GVV faced Ironton and he was tearing Ironton up as well. I think Ironton was down 21-3 when they hurt Strayer and knocked him out of the game and Ironton rolled them in the second half
I never seen a team fall apart like that one did after that kid got hurt. Not just their offense but their defense as well

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:17 am
Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:36 pm I'm guessing the only reason Jose didn't get drafted was his height. Jose land Bellaire lost 2 consecutive state championship games in 1995 and 1996 to Versailles and German Town Valley View. I remember that because ironton lost back to back in 1992 and 1993 to Mentor lake Catholic and Wauseon.
I remember driving to Bellaire for one of the regular season matchups on a Saturday, all by my lonesome. My cousin played for the FighTing Tigers then.

We got booted out of the stadium that Saturday afternoon by one of those Davis brothers (Jose, I believe as this would’ve been the early to mid 1990’s)

He picked our secondary apart. The Tigers looked like they had no clue what to do playing in the middle of the afternoon.

I think it was the year our QB was a Wylie & we made the final four and lost to Versailles in a nail bitter at Dayton Welcome Stadium. Someone, correct me if I’m wrong.

It’s been a minute, but I think I’ve got that straight (dates/QB’s/team/s and how far we made it.

They were a good set of QB’s to have at Bellaire. I didn’t realize Jose was a coach at Bellaire for a while either, until I just read wiki about it!

Many awesome memories being a tiger fan!

Anyway, Looking forward for the Tigers approach to handling WLR!!

Tigers can DO IT!!

Yep 1995 Travis Wylie QB, that was a very talented team. Versailles beat the Tigers in the semifinals by going for 2 point conversion at the end of the game. They passed the ball and bounced it off the turf in the endzone and the ref called it complete. Next game Versailles beats Bellaire in 2 overtimes to win another state championship ( 5 state championships in the 90's )

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

kantucky wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:35 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:47 pm This game has the same setup as when Burg played Germantown Valley View, who had a great QB named Strayer. He tore Burg apart the week before in the playoffs. The next week GVV faced Ironton and he was tearing Ironton up as well. I think Ironton was down 21-3 when they hurt Strayer and knocked him out of the game and Ironton rolled them in the second half
I never seen a team fall apart like that one did after that kid got hurt. Not just their offense but their defense as well

Yep i was at that game. I thought ironton was down 27-0 but could be wrong. They went backwards every snap after that QB got his leg broke.

Hosscat22
Waterboy

Post by Hosscat22 »

Im gonna take the Tigers in this one! 28-14. Ironton has developed a good passing game. They have 4 solid backs that run right at you. And a qb that will hurt you in many ways! Defense is ball hungry! Linebackers are smart and fill holes with a purpose. Ironton is a well rounded ball club dont underestimate them!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

MrFirstTake wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:20 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:18 pm where is ridgewood exactly. I actually have no idea.
Right between Coshocton and newcomerstown
thank you my friend.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:53 pm
Tjhtygeverve wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:47 pm

Wow! IDKT!
Pro Sports Bore me.
Nate Davis broke every passing record in existence at Ball State University too, and older brother Jose I believe holds all the Kent State passing records. Nate was MAC offensive player of the year in 2008 and finished with a 12-2 record and 8-0 in the MAC West. Started at QB all 3 years he was there before going to the NFL.
I remember both well, excellent athletes.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:51 am
MrFirstTake wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:20 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:18 pm where is ridgewood exactly. I actually have no idea.
Right between Coshocton and newcomerstown
thank you my friend.
No problem Bait. We’ve played a few teams from this area but never them

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

frankie wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:55 am
PirateFan[69] wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:45 am Ridgewood is going to spank Ironton. #2 is something special and Ironton just isn't as good as they're made out to be. 45-17 Ridgewood
I see someone's still salty. I suggest Burg watch the Tigers defense to learn how to tackle. Tigers are a different animal and will be more than up to this challenge. Btw pirate we were good enough to spank Burg and would have done it again. Just be happy about the season you had and get them tackling dummies out this winter. :D
Alright Frankie, that's enough of that. Don't worry, while we're hitting the tackling dummies and working harder than ever this offseason, Ironton and their scouts can go pick up some new material for next season.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

It’s not Frankie’s fault people want to play for ironton. If I know two kids that moved from ironton to burg over the past 10-12 years can’t tell they have not benefited from local teams like Portsmouth and some other local schools being down

Larry Fine
Freshman Team

Post by Larry Fine »

PirateFan[69] wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:06 am
PirateFan[69] wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:45 am Ridgewood is going to spank Ironton. #2 is something special and Ironton just isn't as good as they're made out to be. 45-17 Ridgewood
I see someone's still salty. I suggest Burg watch the Tigers defense to learn how to tackle. Tigers are a different animal and will be more than up to this challenge. Btw pirate we were good enough to spank Burg and would have done it again. Just be happy about the season you had and get them tackling dummies out this winter. :D
Alright Frankie, that's enough of that. Don't worry, while we're hitting the tackling dummies and working harder than ever this offseason, Ironton and their scouts can go pick up some new material for next season.
Burg had a good player from
Ironton last year named Wilson maybe, was he recruited ?

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Larry Fine wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:15 am

I know my senior year Craig stamper who started since his freshman year at ironton moved to burg. Was he recruited? I don’t think so, thought burg was A better opportunity and he took it as a lot of kids do
Last edited by MrFirstTake on Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:35 am, edited 3 times in total.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I don’t really care who goes where or where they came from the game still has to be played and whining about how players got there gets you no points on the scoreboard or stops on defense

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

Larry Fine wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:15 am

No it was his personal choice to leave a corrupt program.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

So what your saying is ironton is making these kids personal choice for them? End of the day none of these kids would be here if they didn’t want to be you just called ironton corrupt but They can also lure kids away from programs that were having more success than them? That’s sounds crazy my friend

Return to “Football”