Week 13 - Ironton 24 Ridgewood 14

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Re: Week 13 - Ironton (11-1) vs Ridgewood (12-0)

Post by Jack Sparrow »

Pastuer says wood by 9.
Tingle is a special talent. Might be the best on the field this Saturday. As a sophomore, he makes that engine run. Question is, can Wood stop the run, and can Ironton stop the passing game of tingle? Ironton will have to sustain drives keeping wood off offense and score with wood to win this one.
Wood wins this one 42-28
Good luck to both

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

mattash wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:57 pm Heck yeah. Great stadium. It was packed for the NY v Trimble game. So I would say get there really early. Possible sell out ?
Ray Charles, I quickly glanced at this and mistook it for Friday night's playoff game where Trimble ended it's playoff season. I wasn't really following either team but found Trimble's defense interesting. Pretty stunned they got beat so easily this early in the playoffs. Must be shocked knowing they're staying home next Friday
Last edited by kantucky on Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Braves00 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:25 pm Chillicothe would’ve been better for this game
I agree 100% Burg played a playoff game in Nelsonville a few years back and it wasn't no where near as nice as Chillicothe Hernstien Field and I called it the freezer bowl lol it was so darn cold there so put on layers and layers of clothes and it's not a nice travel from Burg or Ironton why in the hell this game isn't in Chillicothe blows my mind ! But good luck to. Both teams and safe travels

Burg grad 85
bman
SEO

Post by bman »

kantucky wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:56 pm From this to that. Big difference in the two stadiums. One is one of the nicest high school football stadiums in the state with more than adequate parking and more importantly, seating. Host that are excellent and NO track between the fans and the field.

The other.......70 miles of windy curvy road in rut season to reach it..
One stadium is neutrally located and the other is a lot closer to Ironton than Ridgewood. Would you be willing to travel to Zanesville to get a stadium with more seating? Same thing.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

kantucky wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:18 pm
vladimir wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:12 pm No way it's big enough for a regional final with the crowds Ironton, Ridgewood and area HS football fans will bring. Last time I was in NY the parking was the issue, have they improved on that or are ppl going to have to improvise?
According to Mattash they couldn't even seat little Trimble's crowd last night, a D-VI team
We didn't host last night so it wasn't us that couldn't seat "little trimbles" crowd.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Jackson would have been a MUCH better venue for this game. Nothing against NY but the 2 stadiums are not comparable.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Nelsonville will be great, so much tradition . They’ll be great hosts. Excited for this one.

Alumni stadium is nice and we’re thankful for it but that doesn’t mean the other places are trash . That’s not cool, there is some real nice fields in southern Ohio

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

To Bman, I'd put it in Chillicothe or somewhere like that. Yeah, I'd been glad to travel even further to have a good seat and view. Twenty Three would be a much safer drive as well. Also, it's going to cost a good bit anyway. Eight dollars to get in and I'll use between 35 or 40 dollars in gasoline for the round trip. Close to 75 dollars or more with eats and stuff.

Orange and Brown, if you'd read future I explained myself about that comment. I apologize if I personally offended you.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

NY's facility can handle it. It's a nice looking updated stadium, and plenty of parking for that sized div playoff game. I've been there 4 times since all the work has been done. They have really done a nice job updating it. I don't think very many will be disappointed. From the ticket takers to the concessions etc. The people are top notch nice and friendly, and love football just as anyone else.

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:19 pm NY's facility can handle it. It's a nice looking updated stadium, and plenty of parking for that sized div playoff game. I've been there 4 times since all the work has been done. They have really done a nice job updating it. I don't think very many will be disappointed. From the ticket takers to the concessions etc. The people are top notch nice and friendly, and love football just as anyone else.
That's comforting to hear, what have they done with it since the last time Google's satellite passed over it? Thanks in advance. If you're looking on your phone at this it might be hard to see. Or a pad, I'm looking through it with a 27" screen
Attachments
nelsonville.jpg

sportsfan2015
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan2015 »

kantucky wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:24 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:19 pm NY's facility can handle it. It's a nice looking updated stadium, and plenty of parking for that sized div playoff game. I've been there 4 times since all the work has been done. They have really done a nice job updating it. I don't think very many will be disappointed. From the ticket takers to the concessions etc. The people are top notch nice and friendly, and love football just as anyone else.
That's comforting to hear, what have they done with it since the last time Google's satellite passed over it? Thanks in advance. If you're looking on your phone at this it might be hard to see. Or a pad, I'm looking through it with a 27" screen
Not sure about Nelsonville if anything even has changed but obviously a lot can just by looking at the other picture you posted of Jackson. The end zones or sidelines weren’t even colored in that picture.
Last edited by sportsfan2015 on Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

We have hosted a regional final before and we handled it just fine. It was a great atmosphere. We have had Ironton visit multiple times and they are great people, very nice folks. Many great games have been played on this field and I know this one won’t be no different. O&B and the gang will pull out all the stops to make it a great experience for both teams. I’ll be there cheering on the tigers!

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

kantucky wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:35 pm
mattash wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:57 pm Heck yeah. Great stadium. It was packed for the NY v Trimble game. So I would say get there really early. Possible sell out ?
Ray Charles, I quickly glanced at this and mistook it for Friday night's playoff game where Trimble ended it's playoff season. I wasn't really following either team but found Trimble's defense interesting. Pretty stunned they got beat so easily this early in the playoffs. Must be shocked knowing they're staying home next Friday
I actually went to that game on Friday it was a barn burner Trimble controlled that whole game just couldn’t finish they had a drive for over 9 minutes and ran out of time at the end of the half. Trimbles qb is an athlete I can’t believe they have him playing quarterback in the offense.

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
coachK
JV Team

Post by coachK »

Looks the same to me.
Nice place for football, should be a nice atmosphere for a good ball game. If I had to bet I’d take Ridgewood.

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Raycharles wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:38 pm
I actually went to that game on Friday it was a barn burner Trimble controlled that whole game just couldn’t finish they had a drive for over 9 minutes and ran out of time at the end of the half. Trimbles qb is an athlete I can’t believe they have him playing quarterback in the offense.
I know I was shocked to see they went down so quickly in the playoffs. Now, if the team that beat them doesn't win it all I'll be stunned.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

kantucky wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:24 pm
I couldn't tell ya, but the last time I was there was this year. It's nice, roomy, clean, and a cool looking stadium for their div size. I like it. It can handle this playoff game easy, IMO. Always will have complaints though anywhere people go to see a game. I've heard complaints at just about at every host game over the years. Even Logan and Jackson's Stadiums. Can't please everyone. My advice is stay home if you don't like some venues, listen on the radio or live streams, and stay warm. :lol: :lol:

coachK
JV Team

Post by coachK »

kantucky wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:41 pm
Raycharles wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:38 pm

I know I was shocked to see they went down so quickly in the playoffs. Now, if the team that beat them doesn't win it all I'll be stunned.
You’ll be stunned, then Anna wins D6

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

NY BUCK wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:36 pm We have hosted a regional final before and we handled it just fine. It was a great atmosphere. We have had Ironton visit multiple times and they are great people, very nice folks. Many great games have been played on this field and I know this one won’t be no different. O&B and the gang will pull out all the stops to make it a great experience for both teams. I’ll be there cheering on the tigers!
I was there when ironton played them in regular season 2008 and the playoff game against Coshocton I think 2009 it was 2nd or third round we played there that year. I think it will hold everybody I always stand up anyways so the seating doesn’t bother me 😂

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Two team playing the best teams they’ve both seen all year great offense great defense let’s see what really wins championships. People still believe ironton doesn’t deserve to be here and there path was easy and all this other non sense. I can’t wait until Saturday win lose or maybe I’ve been so excited to watch these boys play this year even though I’ve had 100 small heart attacks with the fumbles and penalties. They have been so fun to watch this year and will be for the years to come. I just hope they go out and play there game and show everybody they belong. I know they will be physical they just have to take care of the mental part of the game and they will be fine

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

MrFirstTake wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:56 pm
NY BUCK wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:36 pm We have hosted a regional final before and we handled it just fine. It was a great atmosphere. We have had Ironton visit multiple times and they are great people, very nice folks. Many great games have been played on this field and I know this one won’t be no different. O&B and the gang will pull out all the stops to make it a great experience for both teams. I’ll be there cheering on the tigers!
I was there when ironton played them in regular season 2008 and the playoff game against Coshocton I think 2009 it was 2nd or third round we played there that year. I think it will hold everybody I always stand up anyways so the seating doesn’t bother me 😂
That 08 game was good for a half, then took a quick turn lol but standing is the way to go.

Return to “Football”