Week 13 - Ironton 24 Ridgewood 14

vladimir
S

Re: Week 13 - Ironton (11-1) vs Ridgewood (12-0)

Post by vladimir »

Teays Valley or Hamilton Township behind Scioto downs in Columbus would be the most central location for both.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
sportsfan2015
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan2015 »

It’ll never happen but play it in Peden in Athens.

Besides that I’m hoping for Athens HS, Nelsonville-York, or Logan.

Braves00
Freshman Team

Post by Braves00 »

Playing in Columbus on Saturday night might be a bad idea with Ohio State hosting Penn State

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

^OSU/ PSU is a Noon game, so by the time this one starts at 7pm the Buckeye crowd will have cleared out. Besides Hamilton Township is on the extreme south end of town so the Buckeye crowd won't be anywhere near there.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Braves00
Freshman Team

Post by Braves00 »

Where will they play the Hartley-Jonathan Alder game?

Braves00
Freshman Team

Post by Braves00 »

Hamilton Township or even Teays Valley could get the Jonathan Alder-Hartley game

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Since Alder is located on the NW side of C-bus, My guess would be in Hillard, but that's on Friday night.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Ironton has one thing burg didn’t a QB and that’s going to be the difference. Burg had success running the ball and if they had a true QB could have helped. Horsley did a great job for a runningback playing the QB spot but at this time in the season against a team like ridgewood just couldn’t do it. Ironton has horses in the backfield with huge line and a good QB, should make a difference. It’s going to be a good one!!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

14U wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:10 am Ironton has one thing burg didn’t a QB and that’s going to be the difference. Burg had success running the ball and if they had a true QB could have helped. Horsley did a great job for a runningback playing the QB spot but at this time in the season against a team like ridgewood just couldn’t do it. Ironton has horses in the backfield with huge line and a good QB, should make a difference. It’s going to be a good one!!
Well said. If Ironton can get the QB and not let him stand back there in the pocket and wait for his receivers to get behind the defense they can win this game. He had all night tonight to throw plus if he gets pressured he can tuck it and run.

Everybody keeps saying RW reminds them of Kenton. They remind me of Burg's state title team in 2017. They have a stud at QB like Burg had with Salyers. They have a good RB like Burg had with Reyes and they have a stud WR like Burg had with Holden. There defense is strong up front with great LB's and DB's.

Will RW's spread come out or top or can Ironton control the clock with Carrico and Fosson and Salyers. Should be a game about like Burg-Madison the last two years.

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

Ridgewood is not only good. But they are extremely young. I only counted 2-3 seniors on the defensive side of the ball. They will be a force next year too The qb is not only a good runner but very. Good arm burg secondary misjudged several deep balls that just carried over their heads. Burg defense just could not stop them. If ironton turns it over against wood like they did against Amanda. This will get out of hand for them quickly

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

This game should be a dandy to watch. I'm hoping it's in Columbus.

Early line Ironton -3.5

hammer89
Freshman Team

Post by hammer89 »

victor creed wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:00 am Ridgewood is not only good. But they are extremely young. I only counted 2-3 seniors on the defensive side of the ball. They will be a force next year too The qb is not only a good runner but very. Good arm burg secondary misjudged several deep balls that just carried over their heads. Burg defense just could not stop them. If ironton turns it over against wood like they did against Amanda. This will get out of hand for them quickly
Correct, Woods defense only graduates 3 starters. Their defense will be better next year. Tonight when the starting Senior DE went out in the 1st quarter with an injury he was replaced by a sophomore who held his own just fine.

As for this game, it should be a good one. Wood has not seen an O line with the size and strength that Ironton brings to the table. Nor have they seen the physical backs they are going to face. I think it is safe to say Ironton has not seen a QB like Tingle. And as Burg found out tonight, if they have any weaknesses in their defensive backfield the Wood will exploit it. Wood is yet to be tested for all 4 quarters. That could change this week.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

vladimir wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:07 am This game should be a dandy to watch. I'm hoping it's in Columbus.

Early line Ironton -3.5
Me too. I liked both 30 minute drives this weekend :D

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

If would be a shame if it's available if this game isn't in Jackson. What a great job they done hosting the Amanda/Ironton game. It's a beautiful stadium, lots of parking, and everyone gets a great seat.

I just hope it's not a hankie tossing contest by the refs next week. Wonder which one of them won?

Oh and tonight was the first game that ironton hadn't had a mercy rule `running clock` in the last eight games

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

If Ironton plays clean it will be an interesting game. If they play as sloppy as their box score indicated it could get ugly for them. Ridgewoods qb is as good as advertised and their offense is pretty dynamic. I can't imagine either team has seen anything like they are going to facing this week. I think Ironton can probably pressure Woods qb much better than they have seen so far. Portsmouth and Burg were both flawed teams that overachieved in different ways and got by on athleticism. Ironton is a different beast and although I haven't got any clue about the Generals regular season schedule In doubt very many teams in d5 have players like Fosson, Carico and Jones. Hopefully I can make it to this one.

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

kantucky wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:57 am If would be a shame if it's available if this game isn't in Jackson. What a great job they done hosting the Amanda/Ironton game. It's a beautiful stadium, lots of parking, and everyone gets a great seat.

I just hope it's not a hankie tossing contest by the refs next week. Wonder which one of them won?

Oh and tonight was the first game that ironton hadn't had a mercy rule `running clock` in the last eight games
Attachments
258C840D-962D-47F6-B502-899B854915BD.jpeg

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
thAGE
Waterboy

Post by thAGE »

Ridgewood QB >>>>Ironton QB. You’ll see.

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

bottom line on location:

if you want to favor 1 seed the game is in chillicothe

if you want to favor the 2 seed you put the game in Lancaster.

it is basically the same scenario either way. Lancaster is 75 minutes for Ridgewood and about 110 minutes for Ironton

the other scenario is basically the reverse

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

excellent win by the fighting tigers. but 6 fumbles and 100 yards worth of penalties won't get the job done I'm afraid with ridgewood. athletically I think we are the stronger team of the 2. but if we commit these kind of mistakes with them, we may not go any further. which would be a shame, because ironton has worked so hard this year to get to where they are. if I were coach Pendleton, I'd hand every running back and qb a football Monday morning at school. and I'd tell them that if anybody turns in this ball other than you. you have 500 grass drills.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
14U
S

Post by 14U »

thAGE wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:57 am Ridgewood QB >>>>Ironton QB. You’ll see.
Not saying anything bad about ridgewood QB a is a good one and going to get better. What some people are saying is Ironton has a true QB where burg didn’t burg had two runningback like running the wildcat every play, why? Burg lost there QB a week before the season for the year. It took them 4-5 games to get what they had. So don’t take it wrong! The guys talking are like friends being from 3 school within 10 miles apart.

Return to “Football”