Post by FANOSPORTS »

As a player in regular season: Clay County, Wv 110 miles, 2 hr drive
As a fan in regular season: Fayetteville, Wv 124 miles, 2 hr 15 minute drive

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
MrFirstTake
SE

Re: Farthest distance traveled as a fan/player for regular season game

Post by MrFirstTake »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:38 am As a player in regular season: Clay County, Wv 110 miles, 2 hr drive
I hate driving through West Virginia. My junior year we played zanesville and for some reason wewent to Charleston then hit 77 until we got on 70 to zanesville and on the ironton greyhound bus that ride was so slow.

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:47 am
FANOSPORTS wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:38 am As a player in regular season: Clay County, Wv 110 miles, 2 hr drive
I hate driving through West Virginia. My junior year we played zanesville and for some reason wewent to Charleston then hit 77 until we got on 70 to zanesville and on the ironton greyhound bus that ride was so slow.
That's crazy but at least you guys had the greyhound. The only saving grace that made some of our long trips shorter as a player riding in regular school buses (now mind you this was 45 years ago on a lot of old & curvy 2 lane roads) was that the cheerleaders rode with the team in the back of the bus. 8-)

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:04 am
That's crazy but at least you guys had the greyhound. The only saving grace that made some of our long trips shorter as a player riding in regular school buses (now mind you this was 45 years ago on a lot of old & curvy 2 lane roads) was that the cheerleaders rode with the team in the back of the bus. 8-)
Ironton had two greyhounds and the varsity and coaches ride one then the cheerleaders and JV players on the other

OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:22 am
OSU22 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:01 am ACTUALLY, I went down to Daytona Beach to play/watch/coach the Nelsonville-York Little Bucks in the Thanksgiving Weekend National Championships,, does that count?! lol
Yeah 😂 that is pretty cool
It was an amazing time. And like I said I had the opportunity to play in the tournament and then later coach a team and it is just truly amazing. We played at the field that the Waterboy was filmed at. Their home field. Really cool place!!!

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

That’s crazy the waterboy was filmed there

OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

SCLSU Mud Dogs!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:06 am

Ironton had two greyhounds and the varsity and coaches ride one then the cheerleaders and JV players on the other
Ironton was the first high school team I ever saw that had their own customized Greyhounds and I was probably 11-12 years old at the time and all of us young kids were amazed when those buses pulled in at our field. We knew the pro & college teams had them at that time but a high school ? Needless to say, that was a little intimidating back in those days.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:43 am
MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:06 am

Ironton was the first high school team I ever saw that had their own customized Greyhounds and I was probably 11-12 years old at the time and all of us young kids were amazed when those buses pulled in at our field. We knew the pro & college teams had them at that time but a high school ? Needless to say, that was a little intimidating back in those days.
Yeah they used them when I played there 2006-2008 but I’m not sure if they use them anymore

BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

MasterOfNone wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:57 am Furthest I have ever traveled for a non conference was in 2006 when Waverly traveled to Indian Creek in Winstersville. About 200 miles and around 3 hrs 20 min ride.
I remember that game. I was 7 when I went! Still remember how long it was.

Playing, Waverly travelled to Caldwell for a non conference game in 2015 which is a 144 mile drive... NEVER will go back! :lol:

Return to “Football”