Consolidation Topic

Barber1973
Freshman Team

Re: Where should the state consider consolidation in SEO?

Post by Barber1973 »

NY and trimble 2gether. That is stupid. People on both sides of hill aint gonna go fer that

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Waterford and Forte Frye? Eastern always says you can throw a rock from school to school

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

NY and Trimble would make a nasty team

Michael Scott
greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Consolidation and when will it effect SE Ohio ????

Post by greygoose »

Maniactough wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:59 pm Now that the playoffs are here my question is
How long before the state look at consolidating schools.
You have many smaller schools that keep losing enrollment.
And others that are getting smaller.
Ironton it seems is constantly getting smaller as is Coal Grove , Green among others
I know several years ago River Valley was form from consolidation and I believe that was the last local school to be made from consolidation.
The question though is how long before more school districts are brought together ????!
I know Lawrence country has 7 high schools is that a right amount for a county this size or is it to many schools for its population.
Not wanting to argue just wondering.
I think there's a lot to go into it when you talk about consolidating schools, I would think that's more for the larger inner city schools. When you start looking at SEO schools most are spread out so far to consolidate you would have kids on a bus for 90 minutes or more just trying to get home.

beg003
All Conference

Re: Consolidation Topic

Post by beg003 »

There would be another Civil War before Waterford and Fort Frye consolidate.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:30 pm
Maniactough wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:59 pm Now that the playoffs are here my question is
Ironton it seems is constantly getting smaller as is Coal Grove , Green among others
I know several years ago River Valley was form from consolidation and I believe that was the last local school to be made from consolidation.
The question though is how long before more school districts are brought together ????!
I know Lawrence country has 7 high schools is that a right amount for a county this size or is it to many schools for its population.
I think there's a lot to go into it when you talk about consolidating schools, I would think that's more for the larger inner city schools. When you start looking at SEO schools most are spread out so far to consolidate you would have kids on a bus for 90 minutes or more just trying to get home.
That’s exactly how it is in Vinton County. When I was a kid, school started at 8:30. I got on the bus at 6:00.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Dundas wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:35 pm
That’s exactly how it is in Vinton County. When I was a kid, school started at 8:30. I got on the bus at 6:00.
That's insane. What time did you get bome?

Michael Scott
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

mattash wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:57 am
Dundas wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:35 pm

That's insane. What time did you get bome?
School let out at 2:30. I was home at 4:30.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Consolidation Topic

Post by noreply66 »

Wasn't nothing for my kids to be on the bus for 2 hours
First on the bus and last to get off.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

Return to “Football”