Playoff attendance

Pol pot
SE

Re: Playoff attendance

Post by Pol pot »

MoCoSportsGuy wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:29 am This information was taken from a post on the Fort Frye Local School District Facebook page.

Presale tickets are available on-line (now) or at the schools (after 2 pm Weds) for $8.00

The paper tickets purchased at the school sees the school gets $1.20 from each presale ticket. However, the schools are only given 500 paper tickets.

Tickets on-line $8 plus a handling fee which ends up being more then if you purchased tickets at the gate, but the school gets 15 percent of presale tickets sold on-line. You can either print the ticket or they will scan them off your device.

Tickets at door $9.00 and the schools do not receive any money. 
Exactly, this rumor is just another uninformed poster. Pre-Sale is still done for those who purchase tickets in advance of game day.

coachK
JV Team

Post by coachK »

Personally don’t like games in the Shoe.
Canton is great, being in the shadows of the hall of fame.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

THEbuckeyes wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:54 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:33 pm Why take Crew stadium off? It holds 20,000 so more than enough seating for the state finals
If I was playing I would love to play there. I don't know why kicker said need to take it off. Would have to have one in the Columbus area to make it work in my opinion.

Crew Stadium is grass 😳

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Guys, the Columbus visitors center and OSU simply are not overly interested in having the games. Canton guarantees money, Columbus will not.

THEbuckeyes
Freshman Team

Post by THEbuckeyes »

coachK wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:04 am Personally don’t like games in the Shoe.
Location.... Put it in the middle of the state so equal distance for everyone. I agree the stadium is very nice in Canton but then comes the other situation I don't think any team should have been able to play on the field before the championship game to make it fair also. If you play in Canton there is at least normally 12 or more teams already played there in the season or pre season. Those are the reasons I like The Shoe

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

THEbuckeyes wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:14 pm
Location.... Put it in the middle of the state so equal distance for everyone. I agree the stadium is very nice in Canton but then comes the other situation I don't think any team should have been able to play on the field before the championship game to make it fair also. If you play in Canton there is at least normally 12 or more teams already played there in the season or pre season. Those are the reasons I like The Shoe
🤦🏼‍♂️ Again, Columbus does not want them! It’s really not that hard to figure out! As for teams plying there already there is ONLY 1 possible team that would have played on Tom Benson this year before the final. Only 1 possible, and they have to make it there first.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

And having one venue that is equal distance for “everybody” is not possible. Pickering Ron is 2.5 hours closer to Columbus than Cle St Ed, seems that would be unfair to St Ed 🤣

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

With the rate the crowds are shrinking at the finals, why not have it played in Central Ohio, at high schools that can hold the crowd. No need to waste money on 20,000 seat or more stadiums.

THEbuckeyes
Freshman Team

Post by THEbuckeyes »

Pol pot wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:25 pm
🤦🏼‍♂️ Again, Columbus does not want them! It’s really not that hard to figure out! As for teams plying there already there is ONLY 1 possible team that would have played on Tom Benson this year before the final. Only 1 possible, and they have to make it there first.
seems to me could have been these 8 for sure

Warren G Harding
Euclid
Green
Lake
Glenn Oak
Massillon Washington Best Chance from the start
Solon
Canton McKinley

No one knows how D2 will work out but Massillon has a real shot at playing there again this year for the second time

I can see you think Columbus does not want them. and that is fine its your opinion but when I was a kid I would have rather played at The Shoe than anywhere else in the world and it should be about making kids dreams come true. My child is in 4th grade and already played on the field in Canton and it is special to play there but they play at that field for all the grade school and jr high age stuff so why not change it a little in high school make it special for them

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Who is responsible for bidding in bids for Columbus?

THEbuckeyes
Freshman Team

Post by THEbuckeyes »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:00 pm With the rate the crowds are shrinking at the finals, why not have it played in Central Ohio, at high schools that can hold the crowd. No need to waste money on 20,000 seat or more stadiums.
It is sad how poor attendance is in these games. Some other states get more than 20k at regular season games. The biggest I watched was in Cincinnati when they had a two games first StX beat Princeton and then Elder Beat Colerain attendance 45589. I had to go look it up been too many years

THEbuckeyes
Freshman Team

Post by THEbuckeyes »

Then the next week Elder and St X played in front of 30051 in Nippert Stadium which St X won 24-21 I watched that one from the tunnel while visiting a friend who was playing at UC

THEbuckeyes
Freshman Team

Post by THEbuckeyes »

Another note from that season ST X and Dublin Coffman played in the crew stadium the following week after that with a very big crowd also but didn't go to that one

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

There has to be stadiums in or around Columbus that can host the state finals. No casual fan from the SW, S or Western side of the state is going to drive to Canton to watch the games.

I'm just curious as to what all of the money that has been made for parking at the Stark Co. fairgrounds all of these years, where it all goes!!!!

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:41 pm There has to be stadiums in or around Columbus that can host the state finals. No casual fan from the SW, S or Western side of the state is going to drive to Canton to watch the games.

I'm just curious as to what all of the money that has been made for parking at the Stark Co. fairgrounds all of these years, where it all goes!!!!

I agree and it would be interesting to know where that money goes. Only fair way to do it would be play the state finals near the center of the state or have it in a different location every year set up years in advance. Having the finals in Canton every year is ridiculous.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Upper Arlington has the largest seating capacity (11,500) of the high schools here in c-bus (sits just across 315 from OSU). They've hosted many playoff games up thru today and a few championship games long ago much like Groveport did in the 70's -80's in Central Ohio. Groveport just built a new high school this past year, a new football field about 12 years ago and LeVeon Bell donated new field turf and scoreboard last year but I don't think they've put in to host any games in the last 20 years. I don't think there are any pictures of the new field. I've watched Wheelersburg and Ironton play there years ago and N-Y won their State title on the old field. It should be centralized but bottom line is politics.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... le7T2VWeL2

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

THEbuckeyes wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:14 pm
Pol pot wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:25 pm

seems to me could have been these 8 for sure

Warren G Harding
Euclid
Green
Lake
Glenn Oak
Massillon Washington Best Chance from the start
Solon
Canton McKinley

No one knows how D2 will work out but Massillon has a real shot at playing there again this year for the second time

I can see you think Columbus does not want them. and that is fine its your opinion but when I was a kid I would have rather played at The Shoe than anywhere else in the world and it should be about making kids dreams come true. My child is in 4th grade and already played on the field in Canton and it is special to play there but they play at that field for all the grade school and jr high age stuff so why not change it a little in high school make it special for them
At this point, it’s only Massillon that would have played there.

As for Columbus not wanting them, that is NOT an opinion, but rather a fact! Columbus had their chance to put a bid in and quite frankly did not come through. State Finals are no longer on the radar for the Columbus Visitors and Convention Center. That’s just a first hand fact n

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:43 pm Upper Arlington has the largest seating capacity (11,500) of the high schools here in c-bus (sits just across 315 from OSU). They've hosted many playoff games up thru today and a few championship games long ago much like Groveport did in the 70's -80's in Central Ohio. Groveport just built a new high school this past year, a new football field about 12 years ago and LeVeon Bell donated new field turf and scoreboard last year but I don't think they've put in to host any games in the last 20 years. I don't think there are any pictures of the new field. I've watched Wheelersburg and Ironton play there years ago and N-Y won their State title on the old field. It should be centralized but bottom line is politics.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... le7T2VWeL2
Politics? Politics is just a scape goat for making an excuse that you didn’t get your way. More to the Finals than a field, lots goes into this.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:38 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:41 pm There has to be stadiums in or around Columbus that can host the state finals. No casual fan from the SW, S or Western side of the state is going to drive to Canton to watch the games.

I agree and it would be interesting to know where that money goes. Only fair way to do it would be play the state finals near the center of the state or have it in a different location every year set up years in advance. Having the finals in Canton every year is ridiculous.
Money goes to the same place every site that host goes, it’s clearly noted online who gets parking. Part of the benefit of hosting. The OHSAA does not get any parking revenue

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Return to “Football”